This Single Use Contact Lenses market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Single Use Contact Lenses market.
Single use contact lenses are used once and then thrown away, their introduction in mid of 1990's in the world market has brought an advancement in eye care. The Contact lens is a curved thin lens worn over the cornea which covers the surface of the eye. The purpose of this medical device is to correct some vision impairment without affecting ocular health as well as for cosmetic use. The colored contact lenses allow correcting the vision and change in the appearance of the eye. There are different kinds of single-use contact lenses for various conditions like astigmatism which arises from the different curvature of the cornea, for myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and presbyopia near vision impairment). Cosmetic and aesthetic are the main reasons for the people who does not want to wear glasses and also some of the problems like aniseikonia and keratoconus are better corrected with single-use contact lenses then the glasses.
Single use contact lenses offer several advantages like no need of chemistry set of rinsing, cleaning, disinfecting, lubricating, and enzyme removal solutions, elimination of the deposition of lipid, calcium and protein and other forms on lenses. In single use contact lenses each time a new lens is inserted users comfort is enhanced through fresh dosing. Because of health and convenience benefits, single-use contact lenses are gaining in popularity among practitioners and consumers.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Revenue of Single use contact lenses market is expected to grow in upcoming period as they are very much comfortable, easy to handle and healthier to an eye which are the primary drivers for the single use contact lenses market. In WHO report, the uncorrected refractive error is most common cause of vision impairment and the second cause of blindness worldwide. The increase in a rate of ophthalmologic and uncorrected refracted eye error as well as single contact lenses are made of the new materials and designs especially for disposability are expected to increase the single-use contact lenses market. The high cost of single-use lenses over the lenses used for a longer period could be the primary restraint in the single-use contact lenses market. Regular use of contact lenses may give rise to problems like corneal allergy, photophobia, and severe perilimbal infection is the challenges for the growth of single-use contact lenses market.
Single Use Contact Lenses Market: Segmentation
The soft contact lenses are preferred more over the rigid gas permeable lenses as they are easy to handle made up of soft and flexible plastics which permits oxygen to pass through the cornea.
Single Use Contact Lenses Market: Overview
The single-use contact lenses market is expected to grow at healthy CGAR as U.S. Centers for Disease Control, and Prevention estimated that contact lens wearers are 40.9 million in the United States age 18 years and older, which is 16.7% of the U.S. adult population. Globally, approximately 282 million people suffer from visually impaired disorders, and about 80% of these people can be treated if they take preventive actions.
The use of single contact lenses is effective option for the treatment of these visually impaired diseases like ophthalmic diseases and disorders. Enhanced features of disposable contact lenses like an increase in water content in silicon hydrogel lenses have introduced high levels of comfort and surface lubricity. These innovation coupled with health benefits and greater convenience will continue to pull contact lens market to a single-use contact lens, and single-use contact lenses market will share over 80% of worldwide contact lens market by 2020.
Single Use Contact Lenses Market: Region-wise Outlook
Globally, North America has the largest share in Single use contact lens market due to increase in ophthalmological patients and the rise in ophthalmic issues among the adults which have led to the increase in demands for contact lenses and well-built health care infrastructure. Europe shares the second largest market in single-use contact lenses and will show lucrative growth due to advancement in contact lenses technologies and rise in government funding for ophthalmic care.
Asia Pacific and the Middle East is expected to expand at considerable CAGR in forecast period due to high population base, rise in disposable income, increase in health care awareness by educating the masses about the proper usage of single-use contact lenses as well as penetration of modern technology in contact lenses. Also, investments being made by major vendors in these regions will propel the growth of the single use contact lenses market.
Single Use Contact Lenses Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the key players for the Single use contact lenses are Abbott Medical Optics, Inc., Alcon Inc., Bausch & Lomb, CIBA Vision Corporation, Contact Lens Portfolio, Cooper Vision Inc., Johnson and Johnson, Lens Care portfolio, Novartis International AG and others.
CIBA Vision Corporation
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also includes projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Single Use Contact Lenses Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The single-use contact lenses market is segmented by material type, product type, and distribution channel.
- By material type
- Soft contact lenses
- Gas permeable lenses
- By product type
- Sphere lenses
- Toric lenses
- Multifocal lenses
- By distribution channel
- Hospital pharmacy
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Single Use Contact Lenses Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Single Use Contact Lenses Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Single Use Contact Lenses Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Single Use Contact Lenses Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)