This Single-Use Plastic Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Single-Use Plastic Packaging market.
Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market: An Overview
Growth in packaging for the food & beverage industry owing to urbanization and busy lifestyles has led to the demand for single-use plastic packaging. Transparency, strength, flexibility, easy availability and low cost have led to the adoption of single-use plastic packaging across various industries. In addition, single-use plastic packaging does not degrade in extreme environments and can survive changes in temperature which makes it an excellent packaging material for transportation and shipment. Single-use plastic packaging protects the product from contamination and prevents water, grease and dirt from damaging the product. High convenience and printability are expected to propel the demand for single-use plastic packaging. Single-use plastic packaging often has smaller environmental footprints. Many industries demand single-use plastic packaging to prevent cross- contamination and infection. This is likely to augment the market growth of single-use plastic packaging.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market: Dynamics
One of the key drivers for the growth of single-use plastic packaging is pharmaceutical industry growth. Single-use plastic packaging is used heavily for the packaging of medical supplies, syringes, medicines and instruments. Pharmaceutical products pass through various levels of the supply chain before reaching the end-user. Therefore, single-use plastic packaging helps to reduce the risk of contamination which safeguards the interests of the end-users. Moreover, E-commerce growth has led to brand owners choosing lightweight and flexible packaging as it allows for optimum storage during shipment of the packages. Rising growth of e-commerce specially in emerging economies such as India and China is likely to fuel the market demand for single-use plastic packaging. Changing lifestyles and urbanization have led to the growth in food & beverage, healthcare, home care, personal care and emerging e-commerce which is anticipated to boost the market demand for single-use plastic packaging. Convenience and cost savings enhance the profit margin for the brand-owners makes its usage widely accepted.
Waste and disposal management are growing concerns associated with single-use plastic packaging. Improper disposal leads to environmental hazards and increases plastic pollution. This is likely to hinder the growth of single-use plastic packaging market.
Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the single-use plastic packaging market owing to rapidly growing industries in emerging economies such as India, China and South Korea. Asia Pacific region has high demand and high manufacturing capacity due to the large population. The large Consumer base for various industries such as food & beverage, health care, home care and personal care is anticipated to fuel the demand for single-use plastic packaging. Ban of single-use plastics in Europe and North America is expected to hinder the growth of single-use plastic packaging market.
Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market: Impact of COVID 19
The COVID 19 outbreak has delayed the production and operations across the globe. The standstill has led to growth in e-commerce industry where packaging plays an important role. The advent of single-use plastics packaging for the healthcare industry is anticipated to boost owing to demand for medical supplies and food & beverages due to its protective and hygienic qualities. Easy disposal prevents the risk of contamination. Disposal single-use plastic bags are making a comeback because of fears regarding reusable bags which can increase the risk of contamination. This is expected to hike the market demand for single-use plastic packaging.
Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market: Key Players
Key players in the single-use plastic packaging market are as follows,
- Bemis Company Inc.
- Zipz Inc.
- Transcontinental Inc.
- Ardagh Group S.A.
- Winpak Limited
- Snapsil Corporation
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Coveris S.A
- Flextrus AB
- Ampac Holding
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market: Segmentation
Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market can be segmented on the basis of type, material and end-user industry.
By Type, Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market can be segmented as
By Material, Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market can be segmented as
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE)
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)
By End-User Industry, Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market can be segmented as
- Food & Beverage
- Home Care
- Health Care
- Personal Care
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Single-Use Plastic Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)