This Smart Set Top Box And Dongle market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Smart Set Top Box And Dongle market.
Smart set top box is a part of Internet of Things (IoT). Smart set top box enables the users to access online videos, photos and apps that are specifically optimised for TV. In addition, smart set top box has features that enables the users to store and display the content through connection of external storage devices.
Benefits of Smart set top box:
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Online streaming of videos, music, photos, and other web content without any subscription of cable or satellite TV.
Display quality of up to 4K.
Provide access to DVR capabilities.
Display of content through external storage like USB.
Social connectivity through optimized apps.
Access to weather updates, news and financial information through TV.
Apart from set box, dongle can be directly plugged into TV to enable the content access from internet.
Smart set top box & Dongle Market: Drivers and Restraint
Increase in the number of smart homes, growth in adoption rate of smart technologies, and rise in demand for video on demand services & video recording are the major drivers for smart set-top box & dongle market.
Smart TV manufacturers are deploying different types of interface and software in their products, as there is lack of standard for software, operating system and interface implementation in TV. Most of the TV’s are supporting popular services that includes Netflix, Hulu, Amazon video and Pandora, where as some manufacturers are supporting only some of the most popular apps such as Facebook. The absence of standard operating system and interface to run the online content on TV, are the major challenges for smart set-top box and dongle market.
Smart set top box & Dongle market: Segmentation
Smart set-top box & dongle market can be segmented on the basis of product and feature.
On the basis of product, the smart set-top box and dongle market can be categorised in to smart set -top box and dongle. Dongle was the emerging market due to compatibility, price and other relatively more user friendly features of the device.
On the basis of feature, the smart set-top box & dongle market can be classified in to operating system, video quality and memory. Operating system segment can be further bifurcated in to Android and Linux. On the basis of video quality, the smart set-top box & dongle market can be further categorised in to Full HD and UHD 4K. In 2015, Full HD was the dominant segment in overall smart set-top box & dongle market, where as UHD 4K was the emerging segment worldwide.
Segmentation on basis of regions:
Smart set-top box & Dongle Market is sub-segmented into 7 key regions- North America, Latin America, East Europe, West Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa.
Smart set top box & Dongle Market: Region wise outlook
In 2015, North America was dominating the overall smart set-top box & dongle market in terms of consumption. US was the leading market in the region as, major companies including Apple and Roku were launching the new generation devices in order to take maximum advantage of poor performance by Pay TV in the region.
India and China were leading markets in Asia Pacific region. In 2015, Growth in china was driven by IPTV, where telecommunication companies were creating trend by pushing IPTV services in order to generate return on their investment in fibre to home.
Europe was the emerging region for smart set-top box and dongle market as, the subscription of video on demand services had grown with the significant rate by end of 2014.
Smart set top box & Dongle Market: Key Players
Apple Inc. (US), Google Inc. (US), Roku Inc.(US), Netflix (US), Amazon.com Inc.(US), Cisco Systems Inc. (US),NVIDIA Corporation (US), LG Corporation (South Korea), D-Link Corporation (Taiwan), Plex Inc. (US).
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Smart Set Top Box And Dongle Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Smart set top box & Dongle Market Segments
- Smart set top box & Dongle Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Smart set top box & Dongle Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Smart set top box & Dongle Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Smart set top box & Dongle Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Smart set top box & Dongle Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of the Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of the Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Smart Set Top Box And Dongle Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Smart Set Top Box And Dongle Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Smart Set Top Box And Dongle Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Smart Set Top Box And Dongle Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.