This Spg Microstimulator System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Spg Microstimulator System market.
SPG Microstimulator System is indicated for pain relief in cluster headache (CH) and migraine in patients for whom standard treatment is not adequate or contraindicated. Cluster headaches are characterized by episodic unilateral pain in periorbital region. The disease mainly affects men and headache attacks last for few minutes to several hours. Stimulation of sphenopalatine ganglion (SPG) creates reversible inhibition of parasympathetic outflow, which in turn alleviates the severe pain generated in clusters. Traditional and most effective treatment for cluster headaches in injection of triptans, but over 20% patient eventually become resistant to triptans. SPG microstimulation systems provides excellent alternative for treatment in such patients. SPG microstimulator device is inserted under local anesthetic through small incision made in upper gum near second molar and neurotransmitter is positioned near sphenopalatine ganglion. Patient can activate the neurotransmitter device using external remote control. Pulsante System is the only SPG microstimulator system approved in the U.S. and European Union till now.
SPG Microstimulator System Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
SPG Microstimulator System Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global SPG microstimulator system market has been segmented on the basis of indication, end user, and geography.
SPG Microstimulator System Market: Overview
Recent approval of Pulsante brings new hope to patients suffering from chronic cluster headache and sets standards in the neurostimulation therapy. The device is expected to gain rapid adoption by patients as it is minimally invasive procedure and involves less risk that other approaches used for neuromodulation. The global market for SPG microstimulation is expected to grow significantly with high single digit growth rate over the forecast period of 2017–2027.
SPG Microstimulator System Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, SPG microstimulator systems market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Europe is expected to dominate global SPG microstimulator systems market over the forecast period. Key player in SPG microstimulator systems market is rapidly expanding its presence in Europe in order to capture growing patient volume for chronic cluster headache. North America is expected to be the second largest market for SPG microstimulation system. Autonomic Technologies, Inc.is conducting IDE study in the US for its SPG microstimulation system. The device is being investigated in phase II clinical trial, under brand name of ATI Neurostimulation System.
SPG Microstimulator System Market: Key Players
So far Autonomic Technologies, Inc.is the only player operating in the global market for SPG microstimulator systems. The company recently in March 2017 received expanded CE mark approval for its Pulsante SPG Microstimulator System. The company is expanding its presence globally in order to speed up the commercial expansion of Pulsante system.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Spg Microstimulator System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on indication, global SPG microstimulator systems market is segmented as below:
- Cluster Headache
Based on end user, global SPG microstimulator systems market is segmented as below:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.