This Super Capacitor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Super Capacitor market.
A super capacitor or an ultra-capacitor, is a high-capacity electrochemical capacitor with capacitance values as large as thousand farads. Super capacitors combines the properties of traditional batteries and capacitor in a single component. Super capacitors find their usage in applications requiring rapid charge/discharge time rather than long term energy storage. They are used for regenerative braking, burst-mode power delivery or short-term energy storage within trains, cranes, cars, buses, elevators and hybrid electric vehicles (HEV). Smaller units of super capacitors are utilized as memory backup for static random-access memory (SRAM). Additionally, super capacitors are also used in applications involving solar power, batteries, battery back-up, and flash-lights. The main differences between normal capacitor and super capacitors are; the plates of a super capacitor have a larger surface area and the distance between them is much smaller, as compared to the conventional capacitors as result it can able store extremely large amount of energy.
The consistent increasing demand of super capacitor has continuously been increasing globally and expected to grow with CAGR in double digits & the same scenario might be seen for next six to seven years in global super capacitor market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
For last some years, demand for super capacitor have been increasing in the consumer electronics and energy and utility sector, which are coming out as a new trend for super capacitor market. The key growth drivers of global super capacitor market are revolution in the storage technology with the introduction of new market segments such as hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), smart grids, and renewable energy systems, and also the advanced features provided by super capacitor such as capability of super capacitor to provide backup power to low power equipment such as RAM, SRAM, micro-controllers and PC Cards at a time of power shutdown. Additionally, rising demand of super capacitors for stabilized power supply to electronic products such as laptop computers, GPS, portable media players, hand-held devices are some of the factor driving the growth of global super capacitor market.On the other hand high cost, customer traditionalism and high level competition from the established high capacity batteries vendors are some of the restraints responsible to hinder the growth of global super capacitor market.
Super Capacitor: Segmentation
Market segmentation for super capacitor is done on the basis of technology, material type, application and region. On the basis of technology, global super capacitor market is segmented into organic electrolyte super capacitor and aqueous electrolyte super capacitor. Of these two segments organic electrolyte super capacitor is more popular than other one.
By material types, global super capacitor market is segmented into electrodes, electrolyte and separators. These segments is further sub segmented into their corresponding sub segments, as; sub segments of electrodes segment include electrolyte double layer capacitor (ELDC), Pseudo-capacitor, and hybrid capacitor materials. Electrolyte segments is sub segmented into aqueous electrolyte and organic electrolyte and separator is sub segmented into polymeric film, poly acrylonitrile (PAN) and kapton.
On the basis of application, global super capacitor market is segmented into consumer electronics (laptops, digital cameras, portable speakers and mobile computing), industrial automation (memory storage, uninterrupted power supply (UPS) and automatic meter reading), power & energy (actuators, wind turbines and photovoltaic), medical (defibrillators), transport (trains, cranes, cars, buses, elevators, aircrafts and hybrid electric vehicles (HEV))
Geographically, super capacitor market is segmented into seven regions which are; North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), and Middle East and Africa (MEA). Western Europe region is dominating the global super capacitor market whereas Asia-Pacific is ranked as fasted growing market because of rapid industrialization pace, strengthening manufacturing activity, and strong economic development especially in India and china.
Super Capacitor: Key Players
The key players of global super capacitor market are Advanced Capacitor Technologies, Inc., Axion Power International, Inc., CAP-XX Ltd., EEStor Corporation, ELTON, Inc., FastCAP Systems, Inc., Graphene Energy, Inc., Maxwell Technologies, Inc., and Nesscap Energy, Inc. and others.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Super Capacitor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Super Capacitor Market Segments
- Super Capacitor Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Super Capacitor Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Super Capacitor Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Super Capacitor Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Super Capacitor market includes:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies. Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Super Capacitor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Super Capacitor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Super Capacitor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Super Capacitor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.