This Telco Transformation market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Telco Transformation market.
Globally, the challenges presented by external factors to telecom sector have been increasing and telecom companies (telcos) are undertaking a rapid transformation in order to strengthen business. Changes in regulations, rapidly varying trends in consumer demand, newer technologies, spectrum crunch, and increasing focus digital content and data oriented services are forcing the companies to take up business restructuring and adoption of newer technologies to streamline business. Simpli?cation, increasing consumer focus and harmonization are key for transformation. Although the path to such a transformation of telco business would need to change depending upon each network operator’s and service provider’s speci'c business needs and goals This transformation would not only need huge investments and increasing focus on next generation service deployments, but a primary shift in the telco business approach. The basis of every business transformation program is to de?ne today the future investment targets in order to be fully ready to adopt and offer for the emerging business demands and newer services of tomorrow.
Key drivers for telco transformation include decline in voice revenues, reducing loyalty and churn rate of subscribers, regulatory pressure and increasing spectrum issues. Key challenges in this market are proper network planning for burgeoning network sizes with low availability of spectrum. This issue is further complicated by emergence of multiple technologies including 2G and 3G (UMTS), HSPA and HSPA+, WiMAX, Wi-Fi, frequency division duplexing LTE (FDD LTE), time division duplexing LTE (TDD LTE), LTE advanced and wired broadband, among others. There is a need for co-existence of majority of these technologies together and this has created new challenges in network planning. Another key challenge is end-of-life cycle of network products and their life cycle management in order to enhance network efficiency and reliability. Opportunities in this market exist in terms of emerging new consumer segments such as banking and utilities sector which are increasing their network infrastructure in order to enhance their productivity. Enhancing data based services and increasing focus on emerging technologies such as machine-to machine (M2M) is another key opportunity in this market.
Telco types in this market include fixed and mobile. Fixed type again includes residential and enterprise services. Mobile telco type can be segmented based on service into voice and data. Telco market can be further segmented based on consumer types into retail, wholesale and enterprise consumers. Retail consumers again include post-paid and pre-paid consumers. Various products and services in this market include VoIP, triple play, IPTV, cloud services and managed services, among others. Different end-user verticals in this market include energy, transport, healthcare, government, entertainment industry, and residential consumers, among others. Key players in this market include America Movil Group, AT&T Group, Bharti Airtel Group, China Mobile Communications Corp., China United Network Communications Group Co., Ltd., KPN N.V., MTN Group, Deutsche Telekom AG, NTT Docomo, Inc., SK Telecom Co., Ltd., SoftBank Mobile Corp., Sprint Corporation, Saudi Telecom Company, Telecom Italia Group, Telenor Group, Verizon Wireless, Telefonica, S.A., Vivendi SA, Vodafone Group Plc, Alcatel-Lucent, LM Ericsson, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Nokia Solutions and Networks and ZTE Corp., among others.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product type and distribution channels.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Telco Transformation Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Telco Transformation Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Telco Transformation Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Telco Transformation Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Telco Transformation Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Telco Transformation Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.