This Rail Freight Digital Transformation market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Rail Freight Digital Transformation market.
Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market - An Overview
Rail freight transportation refers to the use of rails or trains to transport goods and cargos over long distances across cities and countries. They are typically used for transporting bulk commodities and goods from source to the intended destination hauled by locomotives on the railroads. However, past few years, the rail freight transportation sector is getting highly influenced by the digital transformation services, to improve operational efficiency and optimize the infrastructure costs.
Digital technologies such as cloud computing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, cybersecurity, big data and analytics have transformed the rail freight business positively. The rail freight digital transformation solution and services are creating new opportunities which are more agile to transform the rail freight business, by developing new models and freight management systems to monitor the core operations of the rail freight transportation industry.
Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market – Novel Developments
Key players in the Rail Freight Digital Transformation market are focusing on product innovation and strategic partnerships with the technology vendors to collaborate for offering digital transformation solution and services for sustained business growth:
- In 2019, VTG AG- a leading rail logistics company, launched solutions for rail freight transformation under VTG Connect digitization initiative, for optimizing rail freight logistics operations and predictive maintenance.
- In 2018, DXC Technology collaborated with New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), to implement enterprise asset management solution for optimizing rail transport maintenance activities to support its digital transformation services.
- In 2018, IT service giant TCS partnered with SAP Leonardo to develop an Intelligent Rail Digital Maintenance (iRDM) solution for conducting predictive maintenance to reduce unplanned network outrage and breakdown, thus increasing the efficiency and boost safety.
- In 2018, Dutch Railways collaborated with Railnova, a leading provider of predictive maintenance and IoT solutions for railways, to deploy real-time monitoring solution to enable predictive maintenance.
Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market- Dynamics
Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market- Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific has one of the busiest and largest rail networks in the world and is estimated to emerge as a highly lucrative region for rail freight digital transformation market. As China’s One Belt One Road (OBOR) global development strategy is gaining traction, the rail freight volumes in the Asia Pacific region tends to increase. According to China Railway, rail freight volume for goods in China for 2018 was 4.0 billion tonnes and is estimated to reach 4.8 billion tonnes by 2020. Moreover, Indian Railway is planning to triple its rail freight volume by 2030. Such massive freight volume statistics shows the growth and opportunities for rail freight transportation industry in Asia Pacific countries.
Digital technologies has emerged as a key driver for rail freight industry in the Asia Pacific region. The use of IoT, 5G, Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) techniques, and cybersecurity, for rail freight management has streamlined the operations and reduced the costs. The governments in the Asia Pacific region are doing big investments to implement the rail freight digital transformation services, in the coming years.
Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market – Aging Traditional Rail Freight Transportation Network to Boost Demand for Digital Transformation
Rail freight transportation is traditionally a very old industry. The aging rail infrastructure is failing to fulfil the growing rail freight volume demand year-on-year. With the tremendous increasing in the pace of technology and digital services, the rail freight transportation infrastructure is disrupting at a very high level. The use of technologies such as 5G and LTE for high speed connectivity, cloud infrastructure for scalability and backend rail freight operations, cybersecurity systems for rail safety etc., is revolutionizing rail freight transportation market. These technological breakthroughs would provide immense growth opportunities in the rail freight digital transformation market in the next 5 years.
Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market – Technology Vendors Focus on Strategic Collaborations with Railways to Commercialize Products for High Profitability
Technology vendors such as SAP, DXC Technologies, Ericsson, VTG and others are doing strategic collaborations with the governments around the world for multi-year contracts to revolutionize the rail freight transportation via digitization. The rail freight digital transformation promotes the adoption of cutting-edge technologies to complement the traditional rail freight supply chain to build a robust digital foundation, to automate operations, maintenance, safety and other core functions with increased efficiency.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market- Segmentation
By Solution, the Rail Freight Digital Transformation market is segmented into-
- Rail Freight Operation Information Systems
- Rail Predictive Maintenance
- Rail Freight Tracking & Monitoring
- Rail Cargo & Warehouse Management
- Security & Incident Management
- Advanced Signaling & Communications
By Services, the Rail Freight Digital Transformation market is segmented into-
- Freight & Logistics Consulting
- Advanced Technology Implementation & Deployment
- Incident Response Services
- Managed Services
Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market- Report Highlights:
- A detailed overview of parent market of rail freight digital transformation market
- Changing rail freight digital transformation market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the rail freight digital transformation market
- Historical, current, and projected rail freight digital transformation market size by value
- Recent industry trends and developments in rail freight digital transformation market
- Competitive landscape of the rail freight digital transformation market
- Strategies for key players in rail freight digital transformation and solutions and services offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on rail freight digital transformation market performance
- Must-have information for rail freight digital transformation market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Rail Freight Digital Transformation Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.