This Touch Controller Ic market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Touch Controller Ic market.
Technological advancements in devices used by end users in consumer and enterprise market are driven by the need for a better user interface and optimization of space. The market of end user devices, driven by this need, has moved towards touch screens and there is hardly a device segment where touch screens have not been implemented. The proliferation of touch screens in the market and the resulting growth in touch screen technology has to be complimented by touch controller IC which functions as a control unit for the touch screen.
Touch Controller ICs are the microcontrollers that allow touch screens to register and analyze user input. The touch controller IC also functions as a link between the processer of the device and the touch screen which is responsible for most of the I/O function of a device.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
IoT devices are being adopted by users rapidly who are increasingly relying on touch screens for an enhanced user experience. Operating Systems and software solutions are also getting redesigned for smooth functioning on touch enabled devices containing touch controller IC. This, in turn, is driving the demand for touch screens and touch controller ICs in the market. While touch screens do enable functionalities like enhanced User Interface and Device Space Optimization, they are also prone to damage and are costlier than keypad based systems. This is the reason many devices that work in rugged or industrial environments still prefer keypad based systems over touch control. The damage prone nature of Touch screen is hampering the growth of Touch controller IC market.
Touch Controller IC Market: Segmentation
Touch Controller IC Market: Regional Overview
North American users have a spending capacity and tend to adopt costlier devices faster than other geographies. The number of devices per user is expected to grow in the geography in the coming years driving the growth of Touch Controller IC in the geography.
APAC and Europe are also expected to contribute significantly to the touch controller IC market owing to the growth of Industrial Automation and increasing affordability of touch screens manufactured by local suppliers.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Touch Controller Ic Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmentation of Touch Controller IC Market, By Screen Technology
- Touch Controller IC for Capacitive Touch Screen
- Capacitive touch screens work on the principle of electro-capacitive method of touch detection which uses the charge of a human body to detect input. These screens have a layer of safety glass on them which increases their durability. These type of screens are also more accurate and can allow variations in touch input. The superiority in terms of durability and usability is the reason capacitive touch screens are widely adopted.
- Touch Controller IC for Resistive Touch Screen
- Resistive touch screens use the mechanical action of human touch to generate an input by connecting two flexible layer sensors together. Unlike capacitive screens, Resistive screens are covered by a layer of polyurethane sheet for flexibility. This screen technology is not preferred for devices due to non-durability and inferior user experience.
Touch Controller IC Market: Competitive Landscape
- Touch Controller IC Market: Key Contracts/ Agreements/ Acquisitions
- ST Microelectronics was selected my Nintendo, a leading gaming console provider to provide touch controller ICs for its product Nintendo Switch
- Touch Controller IC Market: Key Players
- Some of the major players in Touch Controller IC market include Synaptics Inc., Texas Instruments Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V., ROHM Semiconductors, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., ST Microelectronics, Integrated Device Technology Inc., Analog Devices Inc., Melfas Inc. and Focal tech systems co. ltd.
Touch Controller IC Market Segments
- Touch Controller IC Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Touch Controller IC Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Touch Controller IC Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Touch Controller IC Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Touch Controller IC Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.