This Soft Touch Film market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Soft Touch Film market.
Soft Touch Film: Overview
Soft touch film is poly propylene matte film with a soft touch or velvety texture. These films have scuff resistant surface that protects and enhances the appearance of the product. Soft touch film is primarily designed for one side lamination. Soft touch film minimizes the glare while preserving color of the image. Soft touch film accepts synthetic and animal based glue as well as UV spot coating. Soft touch film has superior tactile properties and are designed for superior quality graphic media which can be used for hot stamping and UV inks. Soft touch film protects the product while binding as well as also exhibits strong absorbing efficiency. The soft touch is achieved after treating the film with high degree of matt perception. Usually soft touch films finds applications in luxury packaging boxes, book, branded paper products, brochures and various electronic packaging.
Increasing Demand from Luxury Packaging to Drive the Demand for Soft touch films Market
As soft touch films won’t scuff during the shipping, production or handling which ultimately reduces returns, so manufactures prefer soft touch films over other traditional films. This also results in increased sales and higher profit margin for publishers which also escalates the soft touch film marker globally.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Rising demand for sophisticated products which involves luxury packaging across the globe also drives the soft touch film market. Growing retail sector plays crucial role in the driving the soft touch film market. Moreover, growing trend of corporate brochures also have positive impact on the soft touch film market. In addition to this, the velvet finish and matte finish will attract the buyer’s attention and adds to the perceived value of the product which also increases the demand for such films in the market. Soft touch film market offers flexible packaging which makes it possible to reach the targeted audience while maintaining the quality.
However, with the advent of digitalization the demand for books and paper products are decreasing gradually which in turn can affect the soft touch film market. Also, fluctuating raw material prices such as PP, PET along with the stringent environmental regulations in developed economies such as Germany and the U.S. towards the plastic usage can also affect the market.
Asia Pacific to Register High Sales in the Soft Touch Film Market
Geographically, the global soft touch film market can be segmented based on the region like the Asia Pacific, North America, Western Europe, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa and Japan. United States and Europe are experiencing tepid demand for soft touch films due to digitalization. Whereas developing regions in Asia Pacific such as China and India to register high potential in the soft touch film market due to high demand from paper and pulp industries in the region.
Soft Touch Film: Key Players
- DUNMORE Corporation
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Taghleef Industries SLU
- Cosmo Films, Ltd.
- Ampacet Corporation
- Flexfilm Limited
- Pragati Corporation
- Doro Tape (UK) Ltd.
- Jet Technologies
Soft Touch Film: Key Developments
- DUNMORE Corporation has developed Dura Soft Touch Film which has superior print adhesion and rub resistance with the different ink types.
- Pragati Corporation has new type of soft touch film that has 18 microns thickness and is used for photo albums, pamphlets, decorative packaging etc.
- In 2017, Avery Dennison Corporation acquired Hanita Coatings, a pressure-sensitive materials manufacturer of specialty films and laminates .The Company’s soft touch film has appealingly tactile surface and permanent acrylic based adhesive.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global Soft touch films market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors along with Soft touch films attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors Soft touch films market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Soft Touch Film Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Soft Touch Film: Segmentation
On the basis of material, global soft touch films can be segmented as:
- Polypropylene PP
On the basis of type of coating, global soft touch films can be segmented as:
- Water based
- Solvent based
- FDA compliant soft touch coatings
On the basis of film width, global soft touch films can be segmented as:
- Below 15 microns
- 15-25 microns
- 25-35 microns
- Above 35 microns
On the basis of application, global soft touch films can be segmented as:
- Book covers
- Premium prints
- Corporate brochures
- Electronic packaging
- Luxury folding cartons, boxes, etc.
- Dust jackets
Soft touch films Market: Report Highlights
- A detailed overview of the parent market of Soft touch films.
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of Soft touch films market
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in soft touch films market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Soft Touch Film Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Soft Touch Film Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Soft Touch Film Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Soft Touch Film Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)