This Usb Type C market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Usb Type C market.
With the increasing production of consumer devices, such as tablets, smartphones, and laptops, that support USB type-C as well as power delivery mechanisms, the global demand for USB type-C ports in these appliances and consumer electronic devices has surged rapidly. Growing popularity of USB type-C interfaces is mainly attributed to speedy and safer data sharing through a USB type-C port. As the scope of applications for USB type-C has expanded from only consumer electronics to in-car infotainment systems, USB type-C market players have been witnessing new avenues of growth opportunities.
USB Type-C Market Players Focus on Introducing Innovative Features of Products to Boost Sales
A mounting number of new players entering in the USB type-C market, where global tech-giants have already consolidated with position, makes the USB type-C market a highly competitive market. Thereby, leading players in the USB type-C market are mainly focused on improving the flexibility and operability of their products to maintain a competitive edge in the USB type-C market. Differentiating their product portfolio with innovative features remains a primary focus for a majority of stakeholders in the UST type-C market. Some examples include,
- In April 2018, TE Connectivity (TE) – a leader in connectivity and sensors and a leading technology company in the USB type-C market – announced the launch of its new waterproof on-board USB Type-C receptacle connector, which can be used for smartphones, wearables, medical devices, appliances, as well as for automotive infotainment.The company also declared that the new USB type-C connector is a “new game changer” as it can be used in harsh environmental condition and across a wide range of industrial applications. It aims to introduce a next-generation solution for current and future USB applications with the launch of the new waterproof on-board USB type-C receptacle connector.
- In October 2018, Belkin International, Inc. – an American manufacturer of consumer electronics and leading player in the USB type-C market – announced that it has launched USB type-C to HDMI Adapter, which is compatible with video-enabled USB type-C devices and can deliver fuller palette of rich colors and greater brightness and contrast.
- Another U.S.-based semiconductors supplier company – ON Semiconductor announced the launch of a USB Type-C analog audio switch that supports an audio sense path and allows the USB Type-C port to become a single passage for analog audio signals and USB2.0 signals with integrated protection.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Adoption of USB Type-C and Power Delivery Devices in Vehicles to Expand Scope for Innovations
Positive growth prospects of the USB type-c market are mainly attributed to the recent advancements in the latest automotive infotainment systems. Increasing consumer inclination towards automobiles with advanced in-car infotainment features is bolstering innovations in the USB type-C market.
Leading technology companies in the USB type-c market are aiming to introduce USB type-c and power delivery devices that are compatible with automotive infotainment systems. For instance, in February 2019, Microchip Technology Inc. – an American manufacturer of electronic components, such as microcontrollers and flash-IP integrated circuits – announced that it has launched an automotive-qualified USB 3.1 Gen1 SmartHub IC, which includes interfaces for USB Type-C connectors and can enable universal connectivity in vehicles.
Richtek Technology Corporation – one of the world's leading analog IC companies – recently launched its new product RTQ7880, which is an integrated IC device that combines a Buck-Boost controller and USB Type-C Power Delivery to offer innovative power management solutions to automotive applications.
USB Type-C Devices to find Burgeoning Applications in Next-Gen Electronic Appliances
With the recent enhancements in technologies and connectivity, thee trend of Internet of Things (IoT) has bolstered applications of wired interfaces in almost each consumer electronic device. USB type-C interfaces are being used widely by electronic device manufacturers to offer end-users with the fastest mode of data transfer. Due to the low data transferring capabilities of wireless interfaces, such as Bluetooth and WiFi, the use of USB type-C interfaces has increased across consumer electronic devices such as audio devices, smartphones, and laptops. Thereby, rapidly increasing production and sales of the consumer electronic devices and other electronic appliances is expected to contribute to growth of the USB type-C market in the upcoming years.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, including qualitative, and quantitative insights derived by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Usb Type C Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Key Segments of the USB Type-C Market:
The USB type-C market is broadly categorized into various segments, by the product types, applications, types of protocols, and geographical regions.
Based on the product types, the USB type-C market can be divided into,
- Mobile Phone & Tablets
Based on its application, the USB type-C market can be divided into:
- Consumer Electronics
Based on the types of protocols, the USB type-C market can be divided into:
- USB Audio over USB Type-C
Based on geographical regions, the USB type-C market is segmented into:
- North America Market
- Latin America Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- SEA and other APAC
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of SEA and other APAC
- Middle East and Africa Market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
USB Type-C Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Usb Type C Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Usb Type C Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Usb Type C Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Usb Type C Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.