This Abdominal Cosure Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Abdominal Cosure Systems market.
Abdominal compartment syndrome is a condition that elevates intra-abdominal pressure. This results in disruption in patient’s homeostasis and may adversely affect internal organs. Abdominal compartment syndrome has an incidence of 10-15% and commonly occurs during the early postoperative periods, which is 24-48 hours post operation. Leaving the abdomen open to avoid abdominal compartment syndrome is a common practice these days. Although there have been many advanced technologies introduced in the past decade, abdominal closure continues to remain a significant problem. About 30-40% patients are not closed after Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) since the patients tend to develop fixed retracted abdominal musculature. These kind of abdominal incisions require muscles to be advanced to the midline. Abdominal closure systems such as the traction system are used for closure of such abdominal walls. One such device is the Dynamic Tissue Systems, ABRA Abdominal that assist in the closure of such abdominal walls. Most of the traction abdominal closure systems are coupled with NPWT and dynamic fascial suture and sequential closure technique to ensure a strong, and reliable closure of the abdominal wall.
Due to the rise in demand for minimally invasive surgery, there is a rise in demand for closure systems for port and trocar sites following laparoscopic procedures. With the development of abdominal closure systems such as neoClose by neoSurgical, tension around the wound is significantly reduced when compared to more traditional methods of closure. Some of the abdominal closure systems for trocar site are available with self-anchoring system thereby eliminating the need for graspers or retrievers. Some of the other competitors that offer abdominal closure system for port and trocar sites include Medtronic and Teleflex.
Abdominal Closure Systems Market: Drivers and Restraints
Rising demand for laparoscopy surgery, increased number of trauma cases are some of the factors that drive the growth of the Abdominal Closure Systems market globally. However, factors such as lack of awareness, insufficient funding, stringent regulations and increased cost of surgery, are some of the factors that are hindering the growth of the global Abdominal Closure Systems market.
Abdominal Closure Systems Market: Overview
Abdominal Closure Systems market is segmented into product type, indication, end user and regions. Abdominal Closure Systems can be broadly classified into laparoscopic abdominal closure systems and Traction systems. Abdominal closure systems are popularly used during laparoscopic surgeries, abdominal trauma, and after transplantation surgeries. End users of abdominal closure systems include, hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and trauma and emergency centers.
Abdominal Closure Systems Market: Regional Outlook
North America and Europe take the maximum share of the Abdominal Closure Systems market. Increased adoption of advance technology, rise in healthcare spending, and increase in awareness in these regions are some of the factors that drive the growth of the Abdominal Closure Systems market. However in regions such as China and India, the increase in number of trauma cases and rise in laparoscopic surgery created an opportunity for the growth of the Abdominal Closure Systems market in such regions. Thus, the Abdominal Closure Systems market is expected to grow with a significant CAGR in the APAC region.
Abdominal Closure Systems Market: Key Players
Some of the Key players in the Abdominal Closure Systems market include, ACell Inc., neoSurgical, Teleflex Incorporated, Medtronic, among many others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Abdominal Closure Systems Market Segments
- Abdominal Closure Systems Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding China and Japan (India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Abdominal Cosure Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Abdominal Closure Systems Market: Segmentation
The global Abdominal Closure Systems market is segmented by product type, indication, end users and region:
Based on the product type, the global Abdominal Closure Systems market is segmented into:
- Laparoscopic Abdominal Closure Devices
- Traction System
Based on the indication, the global Abdominal Closure Systems market is segmented into:
- Trauma surgery
- Transplantation Surgery
Based on the end users, the global Abdominal Closure Systems market is segmented into:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Trauma & Emergency Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Abdominal Cosure Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Abdominal Cosure Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Abdominal Cosure Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Abdominal Cosure Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)