This Activated Charcoal market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Activated Charcoal market.
Activated Charcoal Market – Introduction
Activated charcoal, also known as activated carbon, is an amorphous solid with massive surface area and large pore size. Rigorous environmental regulations coupled with the growing inclination towards environmental sustainability is driving the demand for activated charcoal. Burgeoning demand for potable water for domestic and industrial purposes is also likely to supplement the growth of the global activated charcoal market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Some of the leading players operating in the activated charcoal market are Calgon Carbon Corporation, Carbon Activated Corporation, Carbotech, Jacobi Carbons, Sorbent, Cabot, CECA, Evoqua Water Technologies, Ingevity, Silcarbon Aktivkohle, EUROQUARZ, Donau Chemie Group, and CPL Carbon Link.
Impressive Physical Properties of Activated Charcoal Fueling its Adoption across Diverse Industries
The unique and impressive physical properties of activated charcoal are increasingly making it as viable option for a wide range of applications, such as air quality treatment, water purification, industrial processes, and metal finishing, among others. Activated charcoal is highly used in filters to eliminate several organic compounds to decontaminate water and make it suitable for discharge. Extensive use of activated charcoal in water treatment applications has been creating lucrative growth opportunities for stakeholders. Furthermore, activated charcoal is also witnessing traction for air treatment processes at industrial and consumer scale. Additionally, adoption of activated carbon by companies in food industry for a range of applications, including purification, odor removal, decolorization, and turbidity prevention, are also auguring well for activated charcoal market.
Stringent Standards for Mercury Emission Driving Adoption of Activated Charcoal
The activated charcoal market is accelerating at a rapid pace due to numerous factors such as favorable environmental regulations, burgeoning usage across diverse industries, and growing demand for clean water. Growing need of mercury control technology for a wide range of industrial air purification applications has been fueling demand of activated charcoal. For instance, in 2011, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a regulation (MATS rule) to limit the emission of mercury and other hazardous air pollutants, generally released by various power plants. This law provided a significant push to activated charcoal market. Another environmental legislation rule Disinfectants and Disinfection Byproducts Rule, which standardizes the contaminants concentration in drinking water is also fueling growth in activated charcoal market. Furthermore, growing stringent guidelines on vehicle fuel emission along with the robust automotive industry is also likely to propel market growth in the forthcoming years.
Application of Activated Charcoal as an Anti-Poison Treatment Increasing its Scope of Adoption
Activated charcoal prevents swallowed poisons and drugs from being absorbed from the gut into the bloodstream, and is a quite effective treatment for several poisons. Activated charcoal binds various toxins and drugs, preventing their absorption into the body, and this is often used as an anti-poison treatment or to treat various drug overdoses. Activated charcoal is the most widely used method of gastrointestinal decontamination in emergency rooms today, however it is not useful in poisonings caused by cyanide, lithium, alcohol, and iron tablets. Consequently, application of activated charcoal as anti-poison treatment in some cases is increasing its scope of adoption, which in turn is creating opportunities for stakeholders.
Activated Charcoal Market – Segmentation
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global Activated charcoal market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with Activated charcoal market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on Activated charcoal market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Activated Charcoal Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Notable developments in the competitive landscape of activated charcoal market include:
- In December 2018, a leading player in emissions control solutions for coal-fired power generation & industrial markets, Advanced Emissions Solutions, Inc., completed the previously announced purchase of ADA Carbon Solutions, LLC.
- In October 2018, Cabot Corp acquired NSCC Carbon Co., Ltd. carbon black plant located in China. The acquisition of 50,000 metric ton plant will aid Cabot in achieving its growth objectives and will support its specialty carbons product line, which falls under the Performance Chemicals segment.
- In September 2018, Evoqua Water Technologies completed an exclusive sales and distribution contract with Horizon Solutions, LLC to extend its local service across Puerto Rico.
- In July 2018, a leading player in activated charcoal market CarboTech AC GmbH and Osaka Gas Chemicals extended their exclusive distributorship for Shirasagi grade carbon molecular sieve (CMS) products by another seven years.
- In January 2018, the European Operation of Carbon Activated Corporation, Carbon Activated Europe’s new range of coal sourced powdered activated carbon met the latest European Drinking Water Standards.
Based on type, the activated charcoal market is segmented into:
- Powdered Activated Charcoal
- Granular Activated Charcoal
- Extruded Activated Charcoal
Based on application, the activated charcoal market is segmented into:
- Water Treatment
- Industrial Processes
- Food & Beverage
- A detailed overview of activated charcoal parent market
- Changing Activated charcoal market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Activated charcoal market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Activated charcoal market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in Activated charcoal market
- Competitive landscape of the Activated charcoal market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth in activated charcoal market
- A neutral perspective on Activated charcoal market performance
- Must-have information for Activated charcoal market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Activated Charcoal Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Activated Charcoal Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Activated Charcoal Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Activated Charcoal Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)