This Activated Alumina market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Activated Alumina market.
Activated Alumina is a dry, granular chemical substance produced by de-hydroxylation i.e., the removal of hydroxyl group ion from aluminum hydroxide. The substance is a form of common alumina and its high porosity has led to its frequent usage in filtration and adsorption purposes. Adsorption is a chemical process where substances adhere to the surface of other substances but do not get absorbed into it.
Activated alumina is used as a desiccant (adsorbent), catalyst and support for the catalyst. The substance is primarily for the filtration of water to remove harmful fluorides and arsenic particulates from it. It is also used to recover sulfur from industrial process usually in petrol refineries and steel plants. Activated alumina is also widely used to dehumidify PET substances, as a catalyst in the production of hydrogen peroxide, as a filtering agent in various lubricants and various other industrial applications. The increase in usage of activated alumina for various domestic and industrial application has attributed to the growth of the substance and is forecast to expand at a healthy growth rate during 2016-2026.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
One of the major driver for activated alumina market in the industrial division is in its usage in the Claus Process. Activated bauxite was the primary substance used to adsorb and recover sulfur from the by-products but it has since been replaced by activated alumina. The use of domestic filtration system in houses has increased owing to the increasing awareness regarding health issues, which in turn has led to increase in demand for activated alumina as it effectively removes fluorides from the water. The market for activated alumina is especially high in the arid regions of the world as the fluoride content of water in these regions is considerably higher. One of the most important prerequisite of any manufacturing factory is the quality of air within its vicinity. The working environment inside a factory or an industry needs to be dry and moisture-free, wherein air dryers containing activated alumina are widely used. Also, the demand for activated alumina is considerably high in the petroleum industry for air drying purpose.
Furthermore, rising demand for water treatment across the globe is expected to boost the demand for activated alumina in the near future. Demand for water treatment technology is partly being driven by legislation. For instance, in Europe, all quarries are required to have water recycling facilities. Additionally, the Urban Waste Water Treatment Directive, one of the directives implemented by the European Union (EU), aims to protect the aquatic ecosystem.
One of the major restraints of using activated alumina filters for home is its high cost and single usage. When the concentration of adsorbed particles increases in the filter, it has to be discarded and replaced and the frequency of replacement depends on the amount of water passed through the filter.
Activated Alumina System: Segmentation
Activated Alumina System: Regional Outlook
The Global activated alumina market can be divided into seven geographical locations such as North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific region, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Asia-Pacific market is anticipated to grow steeply in the activated alumina demand, as the usage of water filtration systems is increasing in developing nations such as India, Malaysia and others. In MEA region, water purification is one of the strongest factor for the increase in demand for activated alumina. European countries such as U.K. and Germany are also expected to grow in the activated alumina market as the number of manufacturing industries are increasing and requirement of dry air increases.
Activated Alumina System Market: Key Players
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as application, physical appearance, and geographies.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Activated Alumina Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of Applications,Activated Alumina Market can be segmented as:
- Filtering Substance
- Medical Applications
- Catalyst Support
- Drying Agent
- Others (Vacuum Systems, etc.)
On the basis of physical appearance, Activated Alumina System Market can be segmented as:
- Powdered form
- Beaded form
Some of the major players which are ahead in the market for activated alumina are
- BASF SE
- Bee Chems
- Garg Chemical Company
- Shandong Zhongxin New Material Technology Co., Ltd.
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
- Sorbead India
- AGC Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Hengye Group
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Activated Alumina Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Activated Alumina Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Activated Alumina Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Activated Alumina Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.