This Artificial Pancreas Device System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Artificial Pancreas Device System market.
Pancreas is one of the major endocrine gland which secretes hormones released directly into the blood. Pancreas is around 6 inches long located in the abdominal cavity. Pancreas produce the vital hormones of insulin, pancreatic polypeptide, glucagon and somatostatin. Pancreas aid in digestion and absorption processes by secreting the pancreatic juice which contains digestive enzymes. The Artificial Pancreas Device System is used in the treatment of Type 1 Diabetes. Type 1 diabetes patients require multiple doses of insulin in a day and all-round the year. The Artificial Pancreas Device System is also referred to as the closed-loop system or autonomous system for glycemic control or bionic pancreas. The Artificial Pancreas Device System simulates the glucose regulation function of a healthy pancreas. The continuous glucose monitoring is done by placing the sensor subcutaneously to measure the glucose level in the fluid around the cells. A transmitter sends information of glucose level estimates and their rate of change to the receiver. Control algorithm software embedded in an external controller performs mathematical calculations to send dosing instruction to the insulin infusion pumps, computer or smartphone. Depending on the dosing instructions, the insulin infusion pump regulates the level of insulin delivery to the subcutaneous tissue.
Artificial Pancreas Device System Market: Drivers & Restraints
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is collaborating with private and government research institutions to improvise clinical studies and accelerate the development of the Artificial Pancreas Device Systems. In October 2012, the FDA released a document on requirements of clinical studies and premarket approval applications for the production Artificial Pancreas Device Systems. This will encourage the manufacturing of Artificial Pancreas Device Systems and drive the growth of the global Artificial Pancreas Device System market. The patients need to calibrate the continuous glucose monitor at equal intervals. Also, the continuous glucose monitoring sensors are subjected to biofouling and fibrosis when they are placed subcutaneously which alters the productivity of sensors. The FDA has identified issues in the components and software of insulin infusion pumps. The insulin used currently in the Artificial Pancreas Device Systems takes longer duration of time to completely absorb. Such factors related to Artificial Pancreas Device Systems could potentially hamper the growth of the global Artificial Pancreas Device Systems market.
Artificial Pancreas Device System Market: Overview
The concentration of glucose in the blood of the patient is very dynamic and is affected by the patient’s physical activity and diet. The Artificial Pancreas Device System helps in the sustenance of life of type 1 diabetes patients. The Artificial Pancreas Device System does the function of beta cells of a healthy pancreas. Type 1 diabetes patient have to closely monitor blood glucose levels in order to avoid hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia which leads to long-term diabetes complications such as seizures, coma and even death. Thus, blood glucose monitoring on a daily basis is essential and the Artificial Pancreas Device System is the solution to it.
Artificial Pancreas Device System Market: Region-wise Outlook
Depending on geographic regions, global Artificial Pancreas Device System market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. India, China, USA, Indonesia, Pakistan and Japan are the top six countries with the highest number of estimated cases of diabetes. As a result, Asia Pacific and North America are anticipated to be the potential markets for the global Artificial Pancreas Device System market players.
Artificial Pancreas Device System Market: Key Players
Some of the key market players in global Artificial Pancreas Device System market are Pancreum, LLC, Medtronic, Inc. and JDRF. In the near future, the global Artificial Pancreas Device System manufacturers have to develop products which will not only monitor but also adjust the blood glucose levels rapidly without the need of intervention of the patient.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Artificial Pancreas Device System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Artificial Pancreas Device System Market: Segmentation
Artificial Pancreas Device System market is classified on the basis product type and geography.
Based on product type, the global Artificial Pancreas Device System market is segmented into the following:
- Threshold Suspend Device System
- Control-to-Range (CTR) System
- Control -to-Target (CTT) System
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Artificial Pancreas Device System Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Artificial Pancreas Device System Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Artificial Pancreas Device System Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Artificial Pancreas Device System Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)