This Automotive Differential market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Differential market.
Automotive differential allows the wheels to rotate at different speeds while turning, as the outer wheels have to cover a larger circumference resulting in smooth turning. Other than this, automotive differential helps in multiplying engine power and reducing speed at the output. Automotive differential is the part of rear axle assembly of rear-wheel drives, also consisting of rear drive axles and rear axle housing, which is the final end of drive train. Pinion bearings, spider & side gears, side bearings, differential case and differential drive gears are some of the components incorporated in differential assemblies. The global automotive differential market is expected to show single digit growth over the forecast period. This is due to the reason that OEMs are shifting their focus from two-wheel drive to four-wheel drive and open differentials to electronic components differentials to enhance fuel-efficiency for increasing vehicle performance. Asia Pacific market is expected to dominate the global automotive differential market over the forecast period.
Automotive Differential Market: Dynamics
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Strong demand for crossovers and SUVs across the U.S. and Europe owing to comfortable rides and extra boot space is the key factor for the growth of global automotive differential market. Furthermore, decline in auto loan interest rates leading to increasing car sales across the U.S. is another driving factor for global automotive differential market over the forecast period. Moreover, simple design, quiet and smooth operation and no requirement of friction modifiers by limited slip differentials are expected to drive the market of automotive differential over the next decade.
Limited sensitivity of electronic control unit (ECU) differentials through delay in response time actuators and time caused by sensors are the factors hindering the growth of global automotive differential market over the forecast period.
Adoption of electronically controlled limited-slip differential system in mid-segment cars and increased focus of automotive manufacturers to replace mechanical components/parts with compact electronic components are gaining traction in the market. This is due to its full traction benefit, driving benefits, handling benefits during sudden yaw dampening and demand for electronic parts in place of mechanical parts due to minimized wear and tear resulting in cutting down the maintenance costs.
Automotive Differential Market: Segmentation
Global automotive differential market is segmented on the basis of product type, vehicle type and motive mechanism. On the basis of product type, global automotive differential market can be segmented as open differential, locking differential, limited-slip differential, electronically controlled limited-slip differential and torque vectoring differential. On the basis of vehicle type, global automotive differential market can be segmented as passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and heavy commercial vehicles. On the basis of motive mechanism, global automotive differential market can be segmented as two-wheel drive (2WD) and four-wheel drive (4WD).
Automotive Differential Market: Market Participants
Automotive Differential Market: Region-wise Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to be the dominant market in terms of revenue and volume as the demand for four-wheel drive is expected to gain popularity over the next decade in countries such as India, China and South Korea. Western Europe, followed by North America is expected to gain traction owing to increasing demand for passenger cars and show significant growth over the forecast period. Latin America and Eastern Europe automotive differential markets are expected to show slow growth as in these regions the two-wheel drive is popular, and is expected to decline. Middle East and Africa automotive differential market is expected to show steady growth since the adoption of advanced technology related to four-wheel drive in countries such as UAE, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia is relatively high.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Differential Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Some of the examples of market participants of global automotive differential market are:
- GKN plc
- Auburn Gear, LLC
- Auburn Gear
- The Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
- Jiangsu Pacific Precision Forging Co., Ltd. (PPF)
- JTEKT Corporation
- Dana Limited
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Differential Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Differential Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Differential Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Differential Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.