This Borosilicate Glass market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Borosilicate Glass market.
Borosilicate Glass Market: Introduction
Borosilicate glass is a type of glass in which silica and boron trioxide are the main constituents in the formulation of glass. Borosilicate glass contains eighty one percent silica, twelve percent boric oxide, five percent soda and two percent alumina.
Borosilicate glass is manufactured by melting & combining silica sand, boric oxide, alumina and soda ash. The process of manufacturing depends upon the product geometry. Borosilicate glass has various properties, which include low thermal expansion coefficient, high thermal resistance, high chemical corrosion resistance, high mechanical strength and low gas melting temperature, among others. Owing to these diverse properties, borosilicate glass has a variety of applications ranging from cookware to laboratory equipment. In addition, borosilicate glass is widely used in medical implantable devices as well as electronic devices.
Borosilicate glass is also used in solar panels and in rear windshields in certain automotive vehicles. Borosilicate glass is manufactured under several trade names, which include Pyrex, Borosil, Supermax, Endural, etc. Despite high thermal resistance, borosilicate glass can be cracked due to sudden or uneven temperature variations. Moreover, borosilicate glass cannot be heated with strong alkaline solutions or phosphoric acid, and these are some of the drawbacks associated with the usage of borosilicate glass.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Borosilicate Glass Market: Dynamics
Advancements in medical and healthcare technologies is one of the major factors driving the borosilicate glass market, owing to its extensive usage in implantable medical devices and other medical applications such as bone cement, ampoules, prosthetic eyes, etc. Increasing disposable income is leading to growth in the consumption of electronic devices, which is leading to the growth of the electronic and semiconductor industry. This is, in turn, boosting the demand for borosilicate glass. Rising population, growing urbanisation and increased spending capacity have boosted the consumption of consumer and home appliances, which is also boosting the borosilicate glass market. Furthermore, increasing solar power projects in developing countries will fuel the market for borosilicate glass. Growth of the automotive industry is positively impacting the borosilicate glass market.
On the other hand, increasing R&D activities and the increasing number of research collaborations with universities and institutes to enhance the properties of borosilicate glass is also contributing to the growth of the borosilicate glass market. However, oxygen torch is required during the process of manufacturing borosilicate glass. The high price of oxygen gas and restrictions on the use of oxygen cylinders are some of the factors hampering the growth of the borosilicate glass market.
Borosilicate Glass Market: Regional Outlook
Rapid growth of population, along with increasing urbanisation and rise in disposable income, has increased the consumption of consumer & home appliances in the Asia Pacific region. In addition, the growth of the electronic and semiconductor industries in countries, such as South Korea, Japan, China and Taiwan, has also boosted the borosilicate glass market in the region. Moreover, government initiatives for the development of solar power stations in countries such as China & India have also contributed to market growth. Owing to the above-mentioned factors, Asia Pacific is estimated to be a prominent market for borosilicate glass.
Despite being mature economies, regions such as North America and Western Europe will be promising markets for borosilicate glass due to its increasing adoption for various applications. The implementation of solar power projects, along with increasing urbanisation and rising spending capacity, is expected to make Latin America a lucrative potential market for borosilicate glass. The Middle East and Africa is expected to collectively become a strong market for borosilicate glass owing to its increasing demand for various end-use applications.
Borosilicate Glass Market: Key Participants
Examples of some of the market participants operating in the global borosilicate glass market are:
Corning Incorporated, AGC Inc., SCHOTT AG, GVB GmbH, Hangzhou AiJia‘s glass Products Co., Ltd., Swift Glass, Borosil Glass Works Ltd., Hilgenberg GmbH, Gerresheimer AG, Noble Glass Works Pvt. Ltd. and Kavalierglass of North America, Inc.
The borosilicate glass market research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the borosilicate glass market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to the market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand Scenario
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in the market
- Technology used in the Market
- Value Chain of the Market
Regional analysis includes,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The borosilicate glass market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with Borosilicate glass market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on the borosilicate glass market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Borosilicate Glass Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Borosilicate Glass Market: Segmentation
The global borosilicate glass market can be segmented on the basis of type and end-use industry.
The global borosilicate glass market is segmented on the basis of type as:
- Non-alkaline-earth borosilicate glass
- Alkaline-earth-containing borosilicate glass
- High-borate borosilicate glass
The global borosilicate glass market is segmented on the basis of end-use industry as:
- Laboratories & Pharmaceuticals
- Electronics & Semiconductor
- Home & Commercial Appliances
- Detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of the market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in the market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on the market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Borosilicate Glass Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Borosilicate Glass Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Borosilicate Glass Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Borosilicate Glass Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.