This Glass Growlers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Glass Growlers market.
Glass Growlers Market: An Overview
Beer is one of the most widely consumed alcoholic beverage across the globe. It is stored in growlers to keep it safe from contaminants and retain its freshness while storage and handling. Growlers are containers used for the storage and transport of beer.
Materials such as stainless steel, glass, ceramic, etc. can be used for manufacturing growlers. Glass is the most commonly used material for growlers, owing to its inertness toward alcohol. Storage in glass growlers helps preserve beer for a longer period with minimal degradation. Amber glass growlers are preferred over clear glass growlers as amber glass provides protection from the ultra-violet rays of the sun, though clear glass growlers are relatively low-priced as compared to amber glass growlers. Glass growlers can retain freshness for more than a week. Numerous sealing types, such as gasket caps, screw-on caps, etc., can be used on glass growlers to hold carbonation.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Glass Growlers Market: Dynamics
Consumer preference for glass over other materials for alcohol packaging is bolstering the demand for glass growlers globally. As per a survey conducted by the Glass Packaging Institute (GPI), more than 90% of consumers across Western Europe and the U.S. prefer glass bottles for storing alcohol. Moreover, with the rising popularity of craft beer, the demand for glass growlers is surging rapidly. Another advantage that glass growlers offer is the visibility of content inside the container, which not only helps during the filling process, but enables consumers to understand when the growler needs to be refilled.
Owing to all these factors, glass growlers are more preferred over their counterparts. Unlike plastic growlers, glass growlers are reusable and recyclable, which makes them a sustainable alternative for storing beer.
However, the fragile nature of glass restricts the on-the-go application of glass growlers. Glass growlers are likely to crack if not handled with care. This restricts their application in outdoor activities, which is likely to hamper the growth of the glass growlers market during the forecast period.
Glass Growlers Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the glass growlers market has been segmented into seven key regions, which include North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excl. Japan (APEJ), Middle East and Africa (MEA), and Japan. The countries of Western Europe and North America are expected to cumulatively account for a prominent share of the glass growlers market, which can be attributed to the high consumption of beer in these regions. Moreover, most of the top breweries are located in the U.S. and Europe region, which is expected to contribute to the growth of the glass growlers market.
In addition, rise in disposable income and the changing lifestyle of consumers in emerging economies, such as India, Brazil, and China, has boosted the consumption of beer in the APEJ region. Increasing penetration in the emerging economies is estimated to be a key driver contributing to the growth of the glass growlers market. The manufacturers of glass growlers have witnessed surging demand from countries such as India, where alcohol consumption has almost doubled during the last two decades due to the presence of a large young population in the country. Owing to the increasing per capita consumption of beer, significant growth opportunities lie ahead for the glass growlers market in the upcoming years.
Glass Growlers Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global glass growlers market are Berlin Packaging, LLC, Ardagh Group, and Owens-Illinois, Inc. In addition, the presence of several local and unorganized players is expected to contribute to the growth of the global glass growlers market during the forecast period.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global glass growlers market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with the market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on the glass growlers market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Glass Growlers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Glass Growlers Market: Segmentation
Globally, the glass growlers market is segmented by sealing type, product type, capacity, and sales channels.
On the basis of sealing type, the global glass growlers market has been segmented as follows:
- Swing top
- Screw on
- Others (Gasket cap etc.)
On the basis of product type, the global glass growlers market has been segmented as follows:
- Clear glass growlers
- Amber glass growlers
- Green glass growlers
On the basis of capacity, the global glass growlers market has been segmented as follows:
- 32 Oz
- 64 Oz
- 128 Oz
On the basis of sales channel, the global glass growlers market has been segmented as follows:
- Online sales
- Independent stores
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size based on volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the market
- Competitive landscape of the market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on the market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Glass Growlers Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Glass Growlers Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Glass Growlers Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Glass Growlers Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)