This Chewing Gum Base market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Chewing Gum Base market.
Market Outlook for Chewing Gum Base:
Chewing gum base is the main ingredient of the chewing gum with other ingredients such as food colors, sweetener, and flavors, which gives gum the said chewable characteristic due to masticatory properties. Chewing gum base is non-digestive, non-nutritive, and water-insoluble. Chewing gum base is the substance that holds all other ingredients together. Chewing gum base possesses characteristics such as pliability, plasticity, elasticity, hardness, the degree of stickiness, and the desired texture. These are important factors to consider when considering a material to be used as a chewing gum base. It is important for a chewing gum to have a high degree of pliability and elasticity and not to become firm during the mastication process.
Chewing Gum Base Market: Dynamics
Chewing gum base demand is increasing due to surging demand of the chewing gum. The main reason for increasing demand for chewing gum is the health benefits from chewing the gum such as stress release, improved oral hygiene, and enhanced concentration. Also, other factors responsible for increasing demand of chewing gum are the range of flavor and colors available which mainly attracts youth and kids. Artisan confectionery is becoming popular in various countries which is responsible for growth in the demand for the chewing gum base market.
Chewing gum base material uses mostly synthetic rubbers such as polyethylene, polyvinyl acetate etc. instead of natural rubber to allow long-lasting flavor, improve texture. These synthetic materials are plastics and hence a source of pollution. Because of this chewing gum base derived from natural resources are gaining demand in the chewing gum industry. Some companies opting for the ancient practice of using Chicle or tree sap as a chewing gum base is a suitable and healthier yet environment-friendly alternative. Chewing gum base derived from natural sources are simple, healthy, and non-GMO fulfilling current consumer demand for the healthy product.
However, chewing gum contains some additives which impart a bad effect on health and is the main restraint for the growth of the chewing gum base market. Added antioxidants, such as Butylated Hydroxytoulene, are added as food preservative that prevents fat from going rancid. The use of this chemical is controversial as some studies on animals have shown that it can cause cancer.
Global Chewing Gum Base market: Key players
Cafosa, Gum Base Co., Ingredion Inc., Proaroma, Fertin Pharma, Wacker, Boc Science, Neostar United Industrial Co. Ltd., and Angene International Ltd. are among the key players in the global Chewing gum base market.
Global Chewing Gum Base market: Key developments
Ingredion Inc.: In January 2017, Ingredion Inc. acquired TIC Gums Inc. for $400 million cash transaction. TIC Gums Inc. was a leading manufacturer of advanced texture systems to the food and beverage industry. As Ingredion is present globally, this will lead to further expansion of the chewing gum base market.
October 2013: At Cafosa, a major manufacturer of chewing gum base material, the main focus to minimize carbon footprint was realized by identifying opportunities to improve resource consumption management and reduction of water and energy use in the production processes. Also, waste management was improved by no waste been sent to landfill, following the company’s policy of environmental awareness. These results encourage to continue to create an impact on the community and the negative effects on the environmental could decrease in the future.
Global Chewing Gum Base market: Opportunity
Consumption of chewing gum base is increasing in Asia-Pacific and still growing followed by North America and Europe. China is the leader in the production of chewing gum base followed by the U.S. and Canada. Application in the pharmaceutical industry is expected to witness significant growth on account of growing awareness and increasing R&D spending towards product development in the industry. Overall demand for natural origin chewing gum base should increase as the product is clean label gaining popularity among the health-conscious population around the globe. As only a few major food and beverage manufacturers are producing the naturally derived chewing gum base, comparing supply-demand figures market should increase and an opportunity for small and medium-sized producer should increase.
Brief Approach to Research:
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered were used in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product types and end uses of the target product are covered in the study. Key data points collected for modeling approach are the production of milk and milk products, average yield, amount of milk consumed directly v/s amount that is further processed into whey, casein, and other ingredients. Also, other key data points were included in the report, such as demand v/s supply, consumption v/s production, exporting and importing geographies, key trends, opportunity, drivers, and restraints and to analyze key players and their market shares. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key data points covered in the report:
Some of the key data points explained in the report are:
- An overview of the chewing gum base market, including background and evolution
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and trends
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, the major producer and consumer by geographies, imports/exports
- Competitive landscape of the chewing gum base market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Chewing Gum Base Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Chewing Gum Base market segmentation:
Chewing Gum Base market segmentation on the basis of the type:
Chewing Gum Base market segmentation on the basis of the form:
Chewing Gum Base market segmentation on the basis of source:
- Acacia tree
- Carob tree
- Cluster bean
- Red seaweed
- Fruit Peel
Chewing Gum Base market segmentation on the basis of end use:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Chewing Gum Base Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Chewing Gum Base Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Chewing Gum Base Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Chewing Gum Base Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)