This Cholesterol Edicine market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cholesterol Edicine market.
Cholesterol is white, waxy, fat deposit in the blood stream that is manufactured in the liver and released into the blood. A small amount of cholesterol is needed by the body to work efficiently. The body produces all the cholesterol needed for the production of hormones, vitamin D and the all the substance required for food digestion. The main external source of cholesterol is found in the food we eat. Sufficient amount of cholesterol is vital for body function, but increased level of cholesterol may cause serious health problems. About 75% of cholesterol are produced by liver and other cells of the body. Cholesterol travels through blood stream in small packages known as the lipoprotein. Two types of lipoprotein are present to carry cholesterol known as low-density lipoproteins (LDL) and high-density lipoproteins (HDL).Healthy level both lipoprotein are important for proper functioning of the body.
Low-density lipoproteins (LDL) are known as bad cholesterol as they get deposit in the arteries, causing chest pain, heart attack, stroke and other kidney and circulation problems. High-density lipoproteins (HDL) are known as good cholesterol as it carries cholesterol from all parts of the body to the liver and liver finally removes the cholesterol out of the body. The more the HDL level, the healthy you are, proper exercise and diet help to maintain good cholesterol level. Triglycerides, the third form of cholesterol that are present in high concentration in people who are diabetic or alcoholic, it increases the chances of cardiovascular diseases. Lifestyle changes such as reduction in dietary saturated fat and cholesterol, with proper exercise and weight control, would help in lowering cholesterol level. Excess weight trends to increase LDL level, so regular exercise is necessary for lowering LDL level and increasing low high –density lipoproteins.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The level of cholesterol increases with age, nearly 1 in every 2 women in America suffers from high cholesterol level. Hypercholesterolaemia (high cholesterol) is one of the major cause of death in the world, about 2.6 million death occur per year worldwide. According to world health organization, in the European Union five biggest countries - Germany, France, Italy, Spain and UK, 133 million people suffer from bad cholesterol. People with high level of blood cholesterol have the greater chance of developing heart diseases as plaque (made up of fat, calcium, cholesterol, and other substances found in the blood) gets deposit inside the coronary arteries.
Nowadays, a number of cholesterol-lowering medicines are available in a market. Statins are mostly used as the standard therapy in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia. There are other alternative medicines and combined therapy available with both oral and injectable formulations in the market. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in U.S about 73 million adults suffer from low-density lipoprotein. Cholesterol level varies by race, sex and ethnicity. Approximately 31 million Americans have total cholesterol level more than 240 mg/dL. Rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and new product launch are expected to drive the global cholesterol medicine market.
The global market for cholesterol medicine is segmented on basis of product type, distribution channel and geography:
Based on the Product type, the global cholesterol medicine market is segmented into HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitors (Statins), bile acid sequestrants, fibrates, niacin, cholesterol absorption inhibitors, omega-3 fatty acid, combination medicines. Statins are mostly used as they are most effective drugs for lowering cholesterol, so statin is the leading segment, among product type in the global cholesterol medicine market and is expected to grow at the high rate during the forecast period. Based on the route of administration, the global cholesterol medicine market is segmented into oral, and subcutaneous. Based on the distribution channel, the global cholesterol medicine market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, drug stores, e-commerce and retail pharmacy
By regional presence, the global cholesterol medicine market is segmented into five broad regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is leading the cholesterol medicine market, as U.S. market is mature and highly penetrated. Europe market is also projected to experience high growth in the cholesterol medicine in the near future. Asia Pacific market is anticipated to grow at the fastest growth rate during the forecast period, owing to factors such as rising standard of living, lifestyle changes and focusing on healthcare expenditures.
Market: Key Players
Some of the major players in Cholesterol Medicines market are Abbott Laboratories, Merck & Co., Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Pfizer Inc., AstraZeneca, Amgen Inc, Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Eli Lilly and Company, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. and others. Pharmaceutical companies are facing competition from increasing cheaper generic statins. Newer alternatives for medication using low generic drugs are entering the global market, along with expansion in the emerging markets, and greater focus on patient care and monitoring, have been the major strategies adopted by major players in the global allergic rhinitis market.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cholesterol Edicine Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segment by Product Type
- HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitors (also called Statins)
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitors
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid
- Combination Medicines
Segment by Route of Administration
Segment by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Drug Stores
- Retail Pharmacy
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Cholesterol Medicines Market Segments
- Cholesterol Medicines Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Cholesterol Medicines Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Cholesterol Medicines Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Cholesterol Medicines Market Drivers And Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Cholesterol Edicine Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Cholesterol Edicine Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Cholesterol Edicine Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Cholesterol Edicine Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)