HDL Cholesterol Kits Market - Key Research Findings
- Global HDL cholesterol kits market size was ~ US$ 480 Mn in 2018.
- The HDL cholesterol kits market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 5.0% over 2019-2029.
- North America and Europe are expected to represent higher market value shares in the HDL cholesterol kits market;
- North America and Europe are among the higher revenue contributor regions in the HDL cholesterol kits market due to the high adoption of preventive healthcare among the population and the increasing prevalence of dyslipidaemia due to obesity and diabetes.
- Acquisitions and partnerships between companies are expected to propel the growth prospects of the HDL cholesterol kits market
- Major players in the HDL cholesterol kits market, such as Abbott Laboratories, Fujifilm Holding Corporation, Abcam PLC, and others, are focusing on acquisitions and partnerships. For instance, in October 2017, Abbott entered into a definitive agreement to&acquire Alere Inc., a diagnostic device and service provider.
- HDL and LDL/VLDL assay kits are expected to remain the most preferred product type segment of the HDL cholesterol kits market
- The growth of this segment can be primarily attributed to the higher demand for combination testing products for both parameter HDL and LDL/VLDL cholesterol testing.
Top 2 Factors Shaping the HDL Cholesterol Kits Market
Growing Importance of Cholesterol Screening among Diabetic Patients to Boost Growth of the HDL Cholesterol Kits Market
According to the World Health Organization, the global prevalence of diabetes has increased gradually from 108 Mn people in 1980 to 422 Mn people in 2014. Diabetes prevalence has been growing more rapidly in low- and middle-income countries.
Cholesterol testing is also very important among diabetic patients as diabetes tends to lower the level of high-density lipoprotein (good cholesterol) and increase the level of triglyceride & low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol). These conditions among diabetic patients are known as diabetic dyslipidaemia.
Diabetic dyslipidaemia increases the risk of atherosclerosis and coronary artery diseases. Therefore, the diagnosis and screening of cholesterol is important among diabetic patients, which is expected to boost the demand for HDL cholesterol kits over the forecast period.
Rising Low HDL Cholesterol Prevalence Pool to Propel the Demand for HDL Cholesterol Kits
Cholesterol occurs due to multiple factors that involve certain aspects of a person’s lifestyle or certain medical conditions. These factors include low or high fat percentage in the body, high sugar intake, lack of exercise, liver disease, alcohol abuse, untreated hypothyroidism, cigarette smoking, and uncontrolled diabetes.
All these above-mentioned factors increase the need for cholesterol testing, thus boosting the growth of the global HDL cholesterol kits market.
HDL Cholesterol Kits Market Structure Analysis
- The global HDL cholesterol kits market is a fragmented market owing to the presence of a number of major market players and regional players.
- Some of the prominent companies in the HDL cholesterol kits market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Abbott Laboratories, Diazyme Laboratories, Inc., Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Randox Laboratories Limited, Fujifilm Holding Corporation, Abcam plc., Merck KGaA, Danaher Corporation (Beckman Coulter Inc.), PerkinElmer, Inc., and others.
- Most of the players in the HDL cholesterol kits market maintain a strategic focus on the development of new products and acquisitions & partnerships with regional and global players.
- Some of the top manufacturers that contribute a high revenue share in the HDL cholesterol kits market are the
- Abbott Laboratories,
- Danaher Corporation,
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.,
- Fujifilm Holding Corporation.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
HDL Cholesterol Kits – Feasibly Instrumenting the Early Diagnosis of CVDs
With technological advances penetrating deeper into healthcare systems, the field of diagnostics has been witnessing a radical shift from ‘lengthy’ process to ‘ready in seconds’ results. On a similar line, HDL (high density lipoproteins) cholesterol kits have gained considerable traction among laboratories and healthcare settings, offering specialized services in cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk assessment. In addition, a rising trend of point-of-care testing and self-testing by point of care cholesterol monitoring devices is highly likely to benefit sales of HDL cholesterol kits.
Market Set to Grow 1.6X between 2019 and 2029
Global demand for HDL cholesterol kits is majorly accounted by high prevalence of CVDs and lifestyle diseases. Attributing to the increasing number of awareness programs encouraging people to actively go for cholesterol testing before following any cholesterol medicine regime, HDL cholesterol kits market is expected to grow at a significant rate.
'Boosting Awareness' Is the Key to Invade Developing Regions
Advanced healthcare systems, along with greater awareness and availability of new medical devices, continue to solidify top ranking positions of North America and Europe, in the HDL cholesterol kits industry. In East Asian markets, increasing healthcare screening initiatives by governments and non-government/private entities are improving the value of care, which is likely to uplift the prospects of HDL cholesterol kits market within the region.
The Broader Perspective
Stakeholders in HDL cholesterol kits market are focused on their alignment with evolving healthcare trends, which also include specific patient requirements. In addition to strengthening the position through acquisition of other players, manufacturers are targeting new launches in the point-of-care HDL cholesterol kits category, for rapid and real-time results.
How Growth will Unfold
HDL and LDL/VLDL assay kits continue to remain the most lucrative categories in market, whereas HDL cholesterol direct reagent kits are becoming an important part of the manufacturers’ strategies designed for extension of products portfolio.
HDL CHOLESTEROL KITS MARKET TAXONOMY
The global HDL cholesterol kits market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach in front of the reader.
By Product Type
- HDL Cholesterol Precipitating Reagent Kit
- HDL Cholesterol Direct Reagent Kit
- HDL and LDL/VLDL Assay Kit
By End User
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa