This Classified Platforms market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Classified Platforms market.
Although the paradigm shift from print to digital has wreaked havoc for the former’s bottom line, it has driven revenues for the latter. As traditional media organisations make the move to digital formats, a new category of websites and apps has had users hooked. Classified advertising websites, such as Olx, and Groupon have gained massive popularity over the years, influencing new entrants to leverage on the behemoth opportunities available in the market.
The global classified platform market is currently dominate by online players, and the status quo will only become stronger in the future. Success of online classified platforms, such as Craigslist, Olx, Quickr, Wallapop, letgo, and VarageSale have caught the attention of venture capitalists and budding entrepreneurs. In addition to e-commerce websites and social platforms, online classified platform market has emerged as a lucrative investment option for angel investors.
The global classified platform market has been dominated by Craigslist for over two decades now. However, considering the recent spate of investment in classified ads sector, Craigslist will finally have competition. However, new entrants in the market will have to quell challenges Craigslist has been grappling with for years – vulnerability to scams and dummy offers. Upcoming players will have to build trust and reliability to stay profitable in the long run.
Round-the-clock costumer support, stringent quality and verification checks, and consumer feedback through ratings and buyer experience are effective ways through which classified ad companies can address some of the challenges prevalent in their market. Considering the ever-increasing barrage of online threats and hacks, it is imperative for classified ads to have a robust security in place, which offer both preventive and recovery mechanisms.
Increase in smartphone ownership and proliferation of internet in populous countries of the world is expected to have a positive impact on the global classified platform market. Amalgamation of e-commerce and classified will open up the market, posing challenges to the traditional Goliaths, like Craigslist. Overall, the global classified platform market is poised for strong growth, with entry of new players, consolidation, and technological innovations expected to grab headlines in the future.
Websites/apps that follow the horizontal mode of operation offer a broad range of products, including mobiles, furniture, books, accessories, real estate, and jobs. Classified ad websites that offer niche services, such as specialised car, consumer electronics, and real estate follow the vertical operation model.
Craigslist Inc., Finn.no, Gumtree (ebay), Quikr India Private Limited (CommonFloor.com), OLX, Inc., Rightmove plc, Backpage.com are some of the key player of the global classified platform market.
FMI’s report on the global classified platform market provides exhaustive analysis on,
- Classified Platforms Market Segments
- Classified Platforms Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Classified Platforms Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026Value Chain
- Classified Platforms Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Classified Platforms Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Classified Platforms Market includes developments in the following regions:
- North America
- U.S. & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Western Europe
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Classified Platforms Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Classified Platform Market Segmentation
The global classified platform market is segmented on the basis of the operating model into,
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Classified Platforms Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Classified Platforms Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Classified Platforms Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Classified Platforms Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.