This Cloud Api And Management Platforms And Middleware market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cloud Api And Management Platforms And Middleware market.
Enterprises are gradually shifting towards making use of REST (Representational State Transfer) framework for cloud API as compared to SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) due to ease of usage as it is simpler to interact with as it supports multiple data formats and makes efficient use of bandwidth due to less verbosity in comparison to SOAP. The Cloud API and management platforms and middleware market vendors can be categorized into: pure-plays, PaaS and Integration Specialists, System Integrators and Platforms for API’s, governance and SOA. Over the past few years it has been observed that a number of standalone API vendors (pure-plays) have been acquired by large scale enterprises in order to capitalize on the opportunity in cloud API and management platforms and middleware market in the long run.
A cloud API platform vendor offer the following components as a part cloud API management solution:
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
API developer portal: Developers can explore APIs, register for access and obtain keys. It also contains documentation, policies and rules on usage of the cloud APIs.
API gateway: It includes design and deployment of cloud APIs with the ability to route requests to and fro from endpoints and between gateway instances
Life-cycle management and operations: The life-cycle manager manages the entire life-cycle of the cloud API platform i.e. build, test and stage, production and operations
Apart from this the cloud API management solutions also offer additional services such as: security, analytics and platform add-ons such as bot prevention by stopping bad bot traffic, internet of thing APIs by building apps that connect to multiple devices and monetization by offering flexible rate plans.
Cloud API and management Platforms and MiddlewareMarket: Drivers and Challenges
Cloud API and management platforms and middleware market is fast picking up pace due to wide adoption of mobile and cloud applications for back-end services and wide adoption of microservices based architectures by enterprises. These applications comprise of small, independent processes that communicate via API, thereby creating demand for cloud API and management platforms. Emergence of Internet of Things also has a pivotal role to play in the growth of cloud API market as more number of connected devices requires more analysis and monitoring at a fast rate that can be done through cloud APIs. In addition to this several start-ups and small scale enterprises are adopting assemble from components methodology that enables end users to use APIs to connect apps to IT assets, resulting in growth in usage of cloud APIs.
The challenge faced by cloud API and management platforms and middleware market is that many large scale enterprises have applications that have point to point integration which are not well documented thereby making the integration of these applications challenging with modern apps. Hence if there is a restriction on the IT budget (spending) of the company, the companies tend to sideline services comprising cloud APIs.
Cloud API and management Platforms and MiddlewareMarket: Segmentation
Cloud API and management Platforms and MiddlewareMarket: Recent Acquisitions
Cloud API and management Platforms and MiddlewareMarket: Regional Overview
Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware market is currently dominated by North America region and accounts for over 50% of the market share. Europe Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware market follows next as healthcare and government sectors are shifting towards usage of cloud-based services. Asia-Pacific excluding Japan Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware market is expected to grow at an exponential rate owing to small and medium scale enterprises adopting cloud-based services; in turn leading to growing demand of Cloud API platform.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cloud Api And Management Platforms And Middleware Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmentation on the basis of enterprises:
- Large-scale Enterprises
- Medium-scale Enterprises
- Small-scale Enterprises
Segmentation on the basis of industry:
- Media & Entertainment
Few of the recent acquisitions in Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware market are listed below:
- In September 2016, Google Inc. is planning to acquire Apigee Corporation (U.S. based API Platform company) in order to provide a comprehensive API platform that supports analytical capabilities. The transaction is expected to close by end of 2016.
- In June 2016, Red Hat, Inc. acquired 3scale API Management (API Management Technology company) in order to simplify cloud integration and microservices-based architecture
- In September 2015, IBM Corporation acquired StrongLoop, Inc. (application development software provider) in order to connect enterprise applications to mobile, Internet of Things and web applications in the cloud
- In August 2015, TIBCO Software Inc. acquired Mashrey (API Management provider) in order to expand its API management solutions by offering automated solutions for API management
- In October 2013, Microsoft Corporation acquired Apiphany (API management delivery platform provider) in order to help businesses of any size to selectively gate access to sensitive data and services
- In June 2013, CA Technologies acquired Layer7 Technologies (API security and management service provider) to complement its management suites and secure and better manage API services
Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware Market Segments
- Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Value Chain
- Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware Market Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Cloud API and management Platforms and Middleware Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Cloud API and management Platforms and MiddlewareMarket includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments and regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Cloud Api And Management Platforms And Middleware Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Cloud Api And Management Platforms And Middleware Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Cloud Api And Management Platforms And Middleware Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Cloud Api And Management Platforms And Middleware Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.