This Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) market.
An alarming rise in the number of chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) and a rapid visible increase in the diagnosis rate of sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome (SAHS), are further complemented by the expanding geriatric population. The demand for lung pulmonary airway disease treatment is also on the rise. While these factors collectively contribute towards the demand for respiratory assistance therapy and devices, particularly continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), the recently declared global COVID-19 pandemic is observed to be a solid booster to the global CPAP market landscape.
Moreover, technological advances such as improved mask designs continue to account for accelerating demand for CPAP devices. Design innovations are primarily driven by lack of 100% comfort wearing these masks, as reported by patients over the years.
Stretching Beyond Traditional Application Areas
Continuous positive airway pressure machines are typically utilized as assistive/supportive and preventive devices to treat patients of SAHS, acute asthma, cardiogenic pulmonary edema, congestive heart failure, chronic lung disease (CLD), cystic fibrosis, and in COPD treatment. Of late, they are finding application in providing breathing assistance, rather, as a potential substitute for ventilator.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
After the FDA’s recent emergency policy, various alternative respiratory devices emerged to be used as potential replacers for lifesaving ventilators. In light of shortages of ventilators that quickly began to influence the scenario at hospitals and emergency response centers during the novel coronavirus pandemic, CPAP devices started witnessing greater preference among others in the category. However, as suggested by the American Society of Anesthesiologists’ guidance, utilization of such non-invasive respiratory devices must be subject to additional caution as it is often prone to dispersal of unfiltered droplets, eventually adding to the air-borne infection of virus.
Although the increasingly significant role of CPAP in providing rapid and cost-competitive treatment to COVID-19 patients is placing it much beyond its traditional areas of application, it becomes imperative to comprehend its actual scope of application and viability in these times. Looking at the existing shortcomings of CPAP in effectively compensating for the undersupply of ventilators, it is of paramount importance to keep abreast of the latest innovations entering the CPAP space.
CPAP Devices - Ventilator Replacement in COVID-19 Outbreak?
With industry behemoths such as GE Healthcare and Medtronic ramping up their ventilator production, the latter expects over 40% rise in its global production levels in the near future. The former, on the other side, announced the plan of establishment of its multiple manufacturing facilities in the following years. ResMed also recently revealed its significant production capacity expansion, in collaboration with Tesla, during the past three months.
Future Market Insights (FMI), in this pipeline report, provides a deep-dive analysis of the global CPAP market. In addition to offering a detailed assessment of the key market dynamics and the forthcoming opportunities facing potential investors, the report predominantly covers the impact of novel coronavirus outbreak on the various CPAP market elements over the course of near future.
CPAP machines are being effectively used in treating COVID-19 patients with less severe issues with breathing. However, experts opine that these CPAP machines are themselves capable of aiding the spread of infection irrespective of at hospitals or home care settings. Aerosolization of the coronavirus due to CPAP masks remains a major concern, which adds to the scepticism regarding adoption of CPAP as a substitute for ventilator. Research shows that face masks that are used for CPAP or bilevel PAP (BiPAP) tend to let air escape, along with the virus, eventually infecting others in the vicinity, including healthcare providers, and patients.
Embracing Innovations to Brave the Challenges
The most commonly observed side effects of CPAP include the claustrophobic feeling under masks, runny nose, nasal congestion, and a greater risk of contamination due to aerosol generation. These factors prevail as key challenges to wider recommendation of CPAP devices. Moreover, the paucity of patient compliance during diagnosis and treatment will remain a hindrance to broader adoption of CPAP units. Expensive price point of respiratory assistance devices, CPAP therapy administration and associated products also stands as an impediment to skyrocketing demand.
However, the market is recently witnessing an influx of novel innovations that decently attempt to present competitively priced products with a better comfort quotient. Rapid turnaround and mass production compatibility are currently the top parameters on the minds of these innovators to cater to respiratory assistance needs of COVID-19 patients at the earliest.
Global CPAP Market Segmentation
- Based on the type of product, the CPAP market can be segmented into CPAP devices and CPAP accessories.
- On the basis of operation, the market can be classified as manual and automatic.
- According to the type of patients, the market can be categorized as paediatric and adult.
- Based on their end-use area, the study on CPAC market classifies the market into three sub-segments, viz. hospitals, home care settings, and private clinics.
- The detailed market taxonomy is studied for seven key regional markets, including North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, China, Asia Pacific excluding China, and Middle East & Africa.
CPAP Market Structure Analysis
This FMI study, in addition to providing some solid actionable insights on the increasingly significant role of CPAP machines in combating the coronavirus crisis, offers information on the latest developments of market leaders in this regard.
Some of the prominent companies active in the global CPAP market landscape that are profiled in the report include ResMed, Koninklijke Philips, Medtronic, Armstrong Medical Inc., Smiths Medical, Cardinal Health, Apex Medical Corp., Koike Medical, DeVilbiss Healthcare LLC, Beijing Dehaier Medical Technology, Teijin Pharma, BMC Medical, Fosun Pharma, 3B Medical, Inc., Fisher & Phillips LLP, and Invacare Corporation.
The global market landscape continues to reflect a fragmented nature, yet continues to witness primacy of leading international players. Product features, competitive pricing structure, and reliability act as the key differentiating touchpoints for companies competing in the market.
Recently, a British Formula 1 engine manufacturer - Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains (Northamptonshire), developed an efficient breathing aid in form of a CPAP unit to respond to the expected rise in COVID-19 patients with breathing difficulties. This device has been developed through reverse engineering one of their existing devices, and it definitely eliminates the need for a ventilator.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Report Highlights: Global CPAP Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering CPAP therapy treatment methods and CPAP devices market
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the CPAP industry
- Detailed segmentation of CPAP market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in CPAP
- Opportunity assessment of CPAP market
- Competitive landscape analysis of CPAP marketplace
- Key player developments in recent times to treat COVID-19 patients
- Niche and potential segments in CPAP market that reflect promising immediate opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance
- Must-have insights for existing and potential CPAP market players
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)