Cosmetic Pencil & Pen Market - Key Research Findings
- The global cosmetic pencil & pen market size was valued at ~ US$ 2 Bn in 2018.
- The cosmetic pencil & pen market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~ 8% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- The high adoption of cosmetic products is expected to drive growth of the cosmetic pencil & pen market over the forecast period.
- Collectively, Asia Pacific and Europe are expected to account for ~ 65% revenue share in the cosmetic pencil & pen market, by the end of 2029.
- The presence of an adequate number of prominent cosmetic pencil & pen manufacturers in these regions is ultimately contributing to the growth of the cosmetic pencil & pen market.
- Middle East & Africa and emerging countries hold a high potential for growth in the global cosmetic pencil & pen market.
- Increase in consumption of beautifying product in countries such as India and China creates significant demand for cosmetic pencil and pen. Key manufacturers are consistently focusing on regions such as Asia Pacific and especially on South East Asia to capture the noteworthy market share.
Cosmetic Pencil & Pen Market Outlook
The cosmetic pencil and pen market is anticipated to advance at an above-average growth rate during the forecast period. Increase in the consciousness for aesthetic appearance among females is a significant propeller for the cosmetic pencil & pen market.
Manufacturers operating in the cosmetic pencil & pen market have been striving to diversify their product portfolio by innovating eyeliners, kohl, lipsticks, lip liners, lip gloss, and more. Besides this, manufacturers are also creating products that offer long-lasting, waterproof, and smudge-proof makeups. In order to offer added care, advanced cosmetic pencil & pen have good colour depth, smooth application, and are vitamin-E enriched.
One of the prominent drivers underpinning the growth of the cosmetic pencil and pen market is these products offer the best results for makeup and have the low potential of creating an allergic reaction to the face. Since more number of females are joining the workforce, the demand for cosmetic pencil & pen is expected to rise, owing to the increasing focus on beauty standards. However, constant need to sharpen them and ease of application of liquid and gel products could hamper the moderate growth pace of the cosmetic pencil & pen market.
In addition to this, lockdown led to a distortion in the supply chain. As a result, the availability of cosmetic pencil & pen has highly been impacted, which did influence the growth rate of the cosmetic pencil & pen market. Other than the COVID-19 influence, the market boasts an average growth rate and wooden pencil is anticipated to remain an attractive product, owing to the ease of application. Some cosmetic wooden pencils are sold with a sharpener, which enhances their quotient.
Besides this, a growing emphasis on the production of environment-friendly products is also likely to influence the sales of the wooden cosmetic pencil during the forecast period.
Key Factors Shaping the Cosmetic Pencil & Pen Market
Increase in Demand for Easy-to-use Cosmetic Products
The demand for cosmetic pencil & pen is driven by its ease of usage. Consumers prefer cosmetic products, which are convenient to use and can be applied perfectly by everyone. Cosmetic pencil and pen are among the most used cosmetic products commonly incorporated in the application of eye makeup and lip makeup.
Cosmetic pencil & pen market is primarily influenced by the increase in per capita income of women, therefore working women accounts for over 20% of the cosmetic sales across the globe. This is expected to increase during the forecast period, reflecting in amplified sales of cosmetic pencils & pens that are convenient to apply.
Packaging: A Key to Differentiate the Brand in Cosmetic Pencil & Pen Market
Packaging plays an important role in branding and promotion of beauty products, which makes it an integral part of the cosmetics industry. Brand promotion increases the brand reflectivity thus resulting in improvement in target sales. Cosmetic pencil & pen market is also influenced by the innovative and attractive designs of packaging, and leading manufacturers are increasing focus on marketing of their products through unique packaging.
As packaging of cosmetic pencil & pen can give the product an attractive look, it can ultimately help not only in attracting new customers but also in retaining the existing customers. Global cosmetic pencil & pen market is expected witness an increase in market share in the forecast period due to preference for luxury and easy to apply cosmetic product.
Sales to Soar in Developing Countries, Especially in Asia Pacific
The Asia Pacific region is projected to witness positive growth in the global cosmetic pencil & pen market during the forecast period. It is expected to observer a CAGR of ~9.3% during the forecast period. The Asia pacific region is expected to be the highly lucrative region regarding cosmetic pencil & pen market share by the end of the forecast period. The amount of trade Carried out in China, South Korea and Japan for cosmetic product makes the Asia Pacific prominent market. However, Europe and North America are expected to cumulatively account for a market share of ~50% of the global cosmetic pencil & pen market.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Cosmetic Pencil & Pen Market Structure Analysis
- Intercos S.p.A, Swallowfield PLC, Schwan-STABILO Cosmetic GmbH & Co. KG and HCT Group are the leading manufacturers (tier 1) of cosmetic pencil & pen worldwide. This tier 1 companies hold a revenue share of up to 15% across the global cosmetic pencil & pen market.
- Expansion and merger strategies was adopted by key players to expand their business and product portfolio.
- Product developments and new product launches is one of the important trends followed by the prominent cosmetic pencil & pen manufacturers.
- In April 2019, W. Faber-Castell Cosmetics GmbH launched Pure & Pure² Beauty Collection, made from vegan and natural formulation for a cleaner and greener product which includes 12 different color cosmetic pencils with high performance and rich pigment.
The cosmetic pencil & pen market has been relatively moderate in size, which remains as key factor for its dynamic competitive nature. Some of the other prominent players in the market are Alkos Cosmetiques SAS, Oxygen Development LLC, JOVI S.A, A.W. Faber-Castell Cosmetics GmbH, Confalonieri Matite S.R.L, Columbia Cosmetics Manufacturing Inc, Eugeng International Trade Co., Ltd., Quadpack Spain SL, Ningbo Beautiful Daily Cosmetic Packaging Co., Ltd., The Packaging Company, and Alovey Cosmetic Packaging Co.,Ltd.
Cosmetic Pencil & Pen Market - Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
US$ Mn for Value and Volume
Key Regions Covered
North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Countries Covered
U.S, Canada, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe, Japan, India, China, South Korea, Rest of Asia Pacific, Australia, New Zealand, GCC, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, South Africa, Rest of MEA
Key Segments Covered
Material Type, Product Type, Application, Region
Key Companies Profiled
Market Overview, Key Market Trends, Key Success Factors, Demand Analysis, Market Background, COVID-19 Analysis, Segmental Analysis, Regional Profiling, Market Structure & Competition Analysis
Customization & Pricing
Cosmetic Pencil & Pen Market: Segmentation
By Product Type
- Sharpenable Wooden Pencils
- Sharpenable Molded Pencils
- Mechanical Pencils
- Eyeliner & Kajal
- Eye Shadow
- Eye Brow
- Lip Liners
- Lip Gloss
- Clean-up Pencils
- Concealer Pencils
- Cheek Balms
- Sculpting Pencils
- Skin Glossing Pencils
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific