This Coupling Agent For Polypropylene market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Coupling Agent For Polypropylene market.
Coupling agents can be defined as compounds or a class of high performance additives that create a chemical bond between two different materials, usually organic and inorganic. They are primarily used to enhance the properties of thermoplastic materials & composites. These coupling agents, also referred to as compatibilizers, increase the interfacial adhesion between the two immiscible compounds. These additives enhance the interfacial properties between polar fillers & reinforcements, such as glass, calcium carbonate, metals and other minerals with non-polar polymers, such as polypropylene blends and composites. With the ability to create bonds between polar and non-polar surfaces, compatibilizers are gaining traction as desired additives for the formulation of polymer composites. The adhesion provided by coupling agents brings about significant changes in the physical properties of polypropylene composites, such as better heat resistance, improved durability, improved weather ability, increased water resistance, easy processing and better melt flow characteristics.
Coupling agents for polypropylene are commercially available in three different physical forms, namely liquid, granular and powder. These forms are tailor-made as per consumer needs. All three forms exhibit exceptional compatibility with many resins, polymers and synthetic & natural waxes.
Coupling agents for polypropylene are gaining traction and emerging as some most effective additives in the thermoplastic industry. The primary reasons behind the increase in the penetration and consumption of these specially-formulated coupling agents are efficacy and the attributes that enable the formulation of high-value polymeric products. Furthermore, these Coupling agents for polypropylene find use in a number of applications such as modification of plastic material, formulation of hot melt adhesives, reinforced panels, formulation of inks, paints and coatings and many more. The derived products are further being adopted and utilized in different end user industries such as chemical, electrical, energy, automotive and consumer goods. In the chemical industry, coupling agents are used to improve viscosity during the mixture process. Polypropylene is extensively utilized in the consumer goods industry as it is flexible, lightweight and mechanically stable, which are the primary requisites for consumer goods. Also, PP-based products offer excellent resistance against chemical and harsh weather and therefore, have high penetration in the automotive industry.
With increased R&D activities, major manufacturers are focusing towards the synthesis of coupling agents for polypropylene that can provide increased efficacy in a cost-effective manner. Over the span of the next ten years, new product development and growing implementation of novel technologies to achieve better operating efficiency and productivity are expected to foster an aggressive and competitive market for coupling agents for polypropylene.
The market for coupling agents for polypropylene is estimated to remain progressive as the market registered sizable growth in 2017 in terms of revenue generation and the same development is forecast for the near future. Growth of coupling agents for polypropylene can be attributed to the increased penetration of reinforced thermoplastics in numerous industries. Glass fiber reinforced polypropylene is the material of choice in many end user industries and its high penetration can be attributed to its high performance capabilities, competitive cost, design possibilities and processing advantages. Polypropylene will remain the most consumed thermoplastic across the globe based on its dimensional stability, stiffness and low cost, predominantly in the automotive industry. Apart from the automotive industry, fiber reinforced polypropylene-based products are becoming an integral part of one’s life, from consumer goods to electrical components, there is a dire need for a high performance material that can showcase exceptional properties and stability for long-term operation.
Coupling Agents for Polypropylene Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global coupling agent for polypropylene market are Eastman Chemical Company, Clariant, Honeywell, Mitsui Chemicals, Arkema, Dupont, Addivant, Westlake Chemical Corporation, BYK USA Inc, Ceronas GmbH & Co. KG, PolyGroup Inc., Amoy Coaco Plastic Technology Co. Ltd. and Guangzhou Lushan New Materials Co., Ltd., among others.
- In July 2016, Dupont expanded and started up its new compounding plant in Shenzhen, China. The plant is dedicated to the synthesis of numerous resins for packaging applications. Also, it is going to produce the Fusabond maleic anhydride grafted coupling agent for PP to serve automotive, industrial and packaging markets in APAC and across the globe.
Coupling Agents for Polypropylene: Regional Outlook
The global coupling agents for polypropylene market, geographically, can be segmented into the following regions – North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South East Asia-Pacific, China, Japan, India and the Middle East and Africa. China is one of the fastest growing and emerging regions across the globe in terms of consumption and production, and there are a notable number of manufacturers with manufacturing plants in China, India and South East Asian countries. China represents one of largest shares across all regions in terms of production. Japan is witnessing steady growth, owing the limited number of manufacturers. With new regulations imposed by the government regarding low VOC emission, major manufacturers in North America and Western Europe are implementing new practices for the formulation of coatings, which further drives the coupling agents market in the region. Eastern Europe and Latin America are attractive regions for key manufacturers due to favorable government policies. The Middle East and Africa region also entertains a sizable market share in terms of consumption.
Coupling Agents for Polypropylene: Brief Approach to Research
FMI will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate coupling agents for polypropylene data in this report. A detailed coupling agents for polypropylene market understanding and assessment of the nature, product type and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Coupling Agent For Polypropylene Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Coupling Agent for Polypropylene Market: Segmentation
On the basis of physical form, the global coupling agents for polypropylene market can be segmented as:
On the basis of application, the global coupling agents for polypropylene market can be segmented as:
- Plastic Modification
- Hot Melt Adhesive
- Inks, Paints & Coatings
- Release Agent
- Reinforced Panels
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our coupling agents for polypropylene report include:
- An overview of the coupling agents for polypropylene market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the coupling agents for polypropylene market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the coupling agents for polypropylene market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the global coupling agents for polypropylene market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major coupling agents for polypropylene market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top product producing and consuming geographies, product imports/exports, exchange of services and overall trade scenario in the global coupling agents for polypropylene market
- Analysis of the global coupling agent for polypropylene market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key coupling agents for polypropylene market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the coupling agents for polypropylene market
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Coupling Agent For Polypropylene Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Coupling Agent For Polypropylene Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Coupling Agent For Polypropylene Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Coupling Agent For Polypropylene Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.