This Data As A Service Daas market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Data As A Service Daas market.
Data as a Service (DaaS) is a cloud service leverage to ensure the availability of critical data in a convenient, cost-effective manner to businesses. DaaS model works on the principle of offloading the load and risks associated with Data Management to a third-party Cloud-based provider. DaaS enables users to access specified useful data on demand, regardless of any organization’s structural and geographical barriers.
DaaS eliminates redundancy and streamlines operational costs by integrating critical data of business at a particular location, thus enabling multiple users to use and modify the data, through a single update point. The DaaS technology is used in business for applications including Customer Resource Management (CRM), e-commerce, supply chain management systems, customer intelligence and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
Data as a Service is emerging as fundamental technologies that upkeep web services and SOA (service-oriented architecture) mature. Increasing penetration of high speed Internet network infrastructure is enabling user to access data irrespective of its location, creating DaaS a lucrative choice for enterprises. Additionally, the advent of SOA has reduced the relevance of the specific platform which resides enterprise data to a significant extent and has in turn contributed to the development of DaaS.
DaaS is similar to Software as a Service (SaaS) and Storage as a Service (SaaS) models and can be integrated with one or both of these provision models.Therefore, DaaS is providing reducing operational cost and improving workflow process, the DaaS market is expected to observe substantial growth.
With the growth in the use of big data (complicated data sets) in the professional world, DaaS is expected to play a vital role in the development of enterprises across a various industries. Cloud-based infrastructure and services, enterprise data syndication, and consumer services trends focused on XaaS (Everything as a Service) are the primary factors expected to pave the way for DaaS market globally.
The primary drivers for the paradigm shift of data to cloud-based databases, i.e. data-as-a-service include features offered by cloud based technologies including scalability and enhanced efficiency. Other factors include ability to smoothly transfer data among different platforms, compatibility among diverse platforms, and reduction in overall cost of data maintenance and delivery.
The market growth is further propelled by increasing adoption of dedicated databases, performing efficiently one or two tasks such as transaction processing or analytics. Additionally, increasing interest of enterprises to leverage huge amount of generated data using set of complex database tools in order to create potential business opportunities are the other factors contributing to the growth of the market. DaaS model enables enterprises to test on-site and cloud based tools, and avoid the upfront capital costs of IT infrastructure.
Potential drawbacks which are expescted to restrain the growth of the DaaS market include server downtime from the data service provider, loss of data in case of a disaster, and data security breaches. In addition to this, challenges associated with its implementation, lack of technical expertise, and compromised data security are some of the other factors inhibiting the growth of the market. The future adoption of DaaS is more dependent on an organizational alignment, rather than on the technical efficiency of the cloud computing model.
Key Market Players
Key players in the global DaaS market include Microsoft Corporation, Google Inc., Amazon Web Services, HP Enterprise Services (HP Enterprise strategic business unit), IBM Corporation, Oracle Corporation, EMC Corporation, SAP SE, SAS Institute, Inc., and Teradata Corporation. Other emerging players in DaaS market space are SunGard, Datameer Inc., Opera Solutions LLC, Sisense Inc., Birst, Inc., MapR Technologies Inc., and Mirantis Inc.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- DaaS Market Segments
- DaaS Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 - 2015
- DaaS Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Ecosystem Analysis
- DaaS Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- DaaS Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for DaaS Market includes development in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of the Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Data As A Service Daas Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Data As A Service Daas Market Segmentation:
Global DaaS market is mainly classified on the basis of pricing models, deployment type, organization size, industry verticals and geography.
On the basis of pricing models, DaaS market is segmented as
- Volume-based model
- Data type-based model
- quantity-based pricing
- pay-as-per use.
On the basis of deployment type, DaaS market is segmented as
- Public cloud
- Private cloud
- Hybrid cloud
DaaS market cover following geographies:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
DaaS market is segmented on the basis of its end-users as
- Large enterprises
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Data As A Service Daas Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Data As A Service Daas Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Data As A Service Daas Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Data As A Service Daas Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.