Data Lakes Market Overview
A large amount of data is being generated on digital information platforms on a daily basis. According to IBM, 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is generated every day. This explosive amount of data create the need for efficient data storage systems. Data lakes are storage systems which can store massive amount of data in its raw form. This unstructured data can further be used by data scientists and analysts for remodelling and transforming it into diversified data sets for further use.
Data lake also helps to enhance business agility as this storage model supports multiple distributions and workloads of varied sizes and types. This enables the data scientist to centralize massive data from various applications in the one logical storage pool. It can contain different types of data including files, audio, video, and databases.
Data Lakes Market: Drivers and Restraints
One of the important drivers in the adoption of Data lakes is cost reduction. Data lakes directly ingests data in its original format rather than moving it into a purpose-built data store. The data contained in data lakes can be used for analysis and transformation there only, thus reducing the need and cost of another server for data transformation. Further, it solves the problem of big data. The information generated through Big Data is highly varied in nature. But data lake’s ability to store massive data in different forms tackles the problem.
However, data lakes face some challenges which include slow on boarding and integration of data and high post boarding and maintenance cost. This is why many organizations are hesitant to adopt data lakes thus hampering the growth of data lakes market.
Global Data Lakes Competitive Landscape
Some of the prominent players in the Data Lakes market include Atos SE, Capgemini SA, Dell EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, Informatica, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE and Teradata among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Data Lakes Market Segments
- Global Data Lakes Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2015 - 2016
- Global Data Lakes Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for Data Lakes Market
- Global Data Lakes Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Data Lakes Market
- Data Lakes Technology
- Value Chain of Data Lakes
- Global Data Lakes Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Data Lakes Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Europe Data Lakes Market
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Data Lakes Market: Market Segmentation
Global Data Lakes Market can be divided into two segments, based on deployment type and end-users.
Segmentation on basis of deployment type in Data Lakes market:
- On premises
Segmentation on basis of end-users for Data Lakes Market:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.