This Dental Bleaching Materials market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dental Bleaching Materials market.
Dental discoloration is the abnormal change in color of the teeth. While external discoloration is due to the accumulation of stains on the surface of the teeth, intrinsic discoloration is caused by the absorption of pigment particles into the tooth structure. One of the most major causes of intrinsic discoloration is ageing. Deposition of secondary dentin occurs throughout life. This secondary dentin is darker and more opaque than the primary dentin, thereby giving an overall darker appearance to the teeth. Tooth decay and fluorosis is the second most common cause for intrinsic dental discoloration. Dental plaque and calculus are the most common causes for extrinsic dental discoloration. Furthermore, some types of foods and drinks that contain carotenoids or xanthonoids, such as cola, coffee and wine, are also common causes of extrinsic dental discoloration along with smoking/chewing tobacco and betel leaf.
The preferred method to treat dental discoloration is dental bleaching. A variety of peroxide compounds are being used as dental bleaching materials. Some of these dental bleaching materials include the use of carbamide peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, sodium perborate and calcium peroxide. There are two types of dental bleaching material systems currently available -- these include the in-office bleaches and the in-home bleaches. In recent years, a variety of over-the-counter dental bleaching materials have become available. Furthermore, there is an ongoing dispute as to whether dental bleaching materials should be regulated as a cosmetic or therapeutic device and whether these dental bleaching materials should be sold over-the-counter.
Dental Bleaching Materials Market: Drivers and Restraints
Primary factors driving the dental bleaching materials market include growing desire to change one’s appearance to look healthy and young as well as to build self-confidence. Besides, periodontal diseases as well as other factors, such as systemic drugs, age and trauma, also affect the color of teeth and are thus, driving the dental bleaching materials market. However, some disadvantages, such as hypo plastic or severely undermined enamel, deep micro cracks, chemical burns and sensitive teeth, might limit the growth of the global dental bleaching materials market.
Dental Bleaching Materials Market: Overview
The dental bleaching materials market is a fragmented market with a number of players. Hydrogen Peroxide is the most common type of dental bleaching material used in the in-office dental bleaching products. In 2012, the European Union raised the percentage of hydrogen peroxide allowed in dental bleaching products to 6%, subject to the condition that these dental bleaching materials will include the first use by a dental practitioner under direct supervision. This change has driven the market growth of in-office dental bleaching materials. The development of over-the-counter dental bleaching products has driven the market for at-home dental bleaching materials. However, these products are less effective since the percentage of dental bleaching materials in these products is relatively low, which might slightly hinder the growth of the dental bleaching materials market.
Dental Bleaching Materials Market: Regional Wise Outlook
Geographically, the global dental bleaching market is classified into 7 regions -- North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America and Europe are expected to be leaders in the global dental bleaching materials market owing to the concentration of key market players and early adoption in the region. The dental bleaching materials market in Asia Pacific region is also growing considerably due to the adoption of over-the-counter dental bleaching products and a number of emerging players in the region.
Dental Bleaching Materials Market: Key Players
There are a number of players in the dental bleaching material market. Some of them are Ultradent Products, Inc., DC International, Evolve Dental Technologies, Inc., LumaLite, Inc., Philips Oral Healthcare, Temrex Corporation, Kulzer, Patterson Dental Supply and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding China & Japan (India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dental Bleaching Materials Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Dental Bleaching Materials Market: Segmentation
The global dental bleaching materials market has been segmented on the basis of product type, end users and geography.
Based on product type, the global dental bleaching materials market is segmented into:
- Materials containing hydrogen peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide
- Sodium perborate
- Sodium percarbonate
- Calcium peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide-free materials
- Titanium dioxide
- Chlorine dioxide
Based on end user, the global dental bleaching materials market is segmented into:
- Dental Hospitals & Clinics (In-office)
- Home Care (In-home)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Dental Bleaching Materials Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Dental Bleaching Materials Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Dental Bleaching Materials Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Dental Bleaching Materials Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)