Diaper Rash Cream Market - Key Research Findings
- Global diaper rash cream market size in 2018 – Nearly US$ 676.6 Mn
- The diaper rash cream market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 6.4% over 2019-2027.
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan is expected to remain the leading regional market for diaper rash cream and related products.
- Growing availability of innovative skin rash care products will play an important role in popularization of diaper rash cream in the region.
- Non-prescription nature of diaper rash creams and related products will also continue to account for increasing sales.
- Increasing preference for effective diaper rash cream over traditional home remedies is shaping diaper rash cream market in the APEJ.
- The North America region holds high growth potential for the diaper rash cream market.
- A majority of diaper rash cream sales is accounted by the demand for infant rash care, which accounted for the revenues of around US$ 13 Mn in 2018.
- Consumer sentiments related to their babies’ skin care will remain the most important factor responsible for increasing adoption of diaper rash creams.
- Diaper rash creams with organic or natural ingredients are witnessing growing preference among parents, accelerating the shift away from synthetic chemical compounds.
Top 2 Factors Driving the Diaper Rash Cream Market
Increasing consumer awareness about natural product ingredients
The global market for diaper rash creams is witnessing growth due to the certain advantages of these products over conventional diaper rash creams. One of the unique benefits of using diaper rash creams is that they provide instant relief from a burning sensation, which is very difficult to achieve otherwise, even with multiple home remedies.
Diaper rash cream and related products that are organic in nature are increasingly being perceived as safer, and thus are accounting for growing popularity at a global level. Billowing demand for organic or natural personal care products is highly likely to benefit the manufacturers of diaper rash creams in coming years, translating into high revenues.
However, higher price point of organic or natural products will constrain the diaper rash cream market revenues in the long run.
Easy OTC availability & increasing introduction of innovative product line-up
Diaper rash cream and related skin care products fall in the non-prescription category and thus are easily available over the counter (OTC), at a majority of drug stores and pharmacies, as well as hypermarkets and supermarkets.
Moreover, as manufacturers of diaper rash cream are augmenting investments in R&D of innovative product line-ups, it is highly likely that consumers will select from a wide range available on the market. Improving consumer awareness about product ingredients will also play a crucial role in pushing sales of innovative, clean labelled diaper rash cream in the global market.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Diaper Rash Cream Market: Structure Analysis
- The global diaper rash cream market represents a consolidated competition landscape. The tier 1 and tier 2 companies hold a combined revenue share of more than 36%.
- Most of the key players maintain a strategic focus on the look and feel of the diaper rash creams offered by them, to be able to provide better textures as compared to other players.
- According to the report, the introduction of innovative products will be an important developmental strategy followed by these companies.
- Leading players in the diaper rash cream market are also concentrating on introducing organic products in their existing product portfolio to reach new customers, along with expanding their sales channel.
Diaper Rash Cream – Economic Recovery Unveils Growth on the Horizon
Increase in spending on baby personal care products, driven by resurgence of global economy, continues to be a broad factor upholding revenue growth of diaper rash cream. Considering the sensitiveness of baby skin, customers are on a constant lookout for diaper rash creams free of allergens and irritants. In line with the aforementioned, manufacturers of diaper rash cream are reducing the concentration of preservatives in their products, which reduces the risk of allergy and irritation.
Market to See Meteoric Growth Through 2027
The global diaper rash cream landscape is set for a 'never-before-seen' growth, which can be ascribed to increasing awareness among consumers to own effective baby care products. Evolving lifestyles of consumers across the globe is resulting in a shift to effective baby products ensuring health & wellness, thereby creating considerable growth opportunities for the diaper rash cream market players.
Uncovering Revenue-Making Opportunities in APAC & North America
Asia Pacific will continue to account for a significant proportion of diaper rash cream sales, as the region is witnessing a new wave of category sophistication and channel diversification. Being home to a burgeoning middle class population, notably across flourishing economies such as India & China, the region will offer multiple opportunities for the market players of diaper rash cream to generate revenues. Meanwhile, North America is likely to emerge as a high growth market for diaper rash cream, backed by high disposable income.
The Broader Perspective
The global diaper rash cream landscape is witnessing a massive shift toward natural creams, as the natural variants contain negligible or less synthetic additives and preservatives. Growing perception of ‘natural’ being synonymous to ‘safe’ is one of the most crucial factors boosting adoption of natural diaper rash creams.
Choosing the Right Sales Channel to Reach Target Audience
The diaper rash cream market will continue witnessing a tug of war between drug stores and pharmacies. While drug stores and pharmacies would continue to steer sales of diaper rash creams via promises of product safety, online retailers are likely to climb up the ladder. Customers are steadily switching to online channels for purchasing baby diaper creams, as e-retailers are competing head-on with drug stores & pharmacies in terms of variety and price.
DIAPER RASH CREAM MARKET TAXONOMY
global Diaper Rash Cream market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
By End User
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Day Care
By Sales Channel
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Specialty Retailers
- Multi-brand Stores
- Drug Stores and Pharmacies
- Online Retailers
- North America
- Latin America