This Digital Radiography Sensor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Digital Radiography Sensor market.
Digital radiography in literature and in practice are subcategorized on type of sensors into Computerized Radiography and Digital radiography. Digital radiography based on image conversion are two different types namely- Direct digital radiograph and Indirect digital radiograph. Out of many traditional systems available for projecting radiographs, digital radiograph sensors are being used globally. Thus, digital radiography sensor market has taken over other traditional radiograph market since 1990s and the trend is still being followed. In US out of all radiological examinations carried out, radiographical examination accounts 70% in both children and adults, thus digital radiograph sensors market holds a large market size and share.
Digital Radiography Sensor Market: Drivers and Restraints
Exposure to harmful radiations in patients and radiologists is a major concern in imaging systems. It has been found that use of digital radiography sensors have reduced radiation exposure to about 20 to 80%. This has found to be a major driver in growth of the digital radiography sensor market. More factors influencing digital radiography sensors market such as real time results in case of emergencies, user friendly, low cost of test, less exposure time to radiation, shorter scanning time and readily available portable systems. digital radiography sensor market is governed by high productivity, elimination of costly films, examination of more patients in less time and superior image quality with less background noise helps provide more accurate results. Digital radiography sensors are popular amongst radiologists and thus indeed driving digital radiography sensor market.
The only restraint in digital radiography sensor market is high cost of digital radiography sensors hindering digital radiography sensor market growth in lower income or developing countries. Hence an affordable and readily available sensors are expected to completely out rule traditional radiography market by digital radiography sensor market.
Digital Radiography Sensor Market: Overview
Present and future of radiography is digital radiography sensor market. Benefits of digital radiography sensor over other imaging systems available have been studied by many radiologists and published by researchers in scientific papers showing tremendous potential for digital radiography sensor market. Since 3 decades traditional computerized radiography market has been extensively replaced with digital radiography sensor market all over the world. This was due to invention of direct digital radiography using charged-couple device in 1990s and many technological advances over the time, hence leading to alarming growth rate of digital radiography sensor market. Initially the sensors were found to be too expensive to be completely replaced but research in technology has been helping hand for digital radiography sensor market. While portable digital radiography has thought to completely replace the CR systems in near future and make immense impact on digital radiography sensor market.
Digital Radiography Sensor Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the digital radiography sensor market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America dominates digital radiography sensor market globally followed by Europe. Digital radiography sensor market in both America and Europe is driven by the fact of being developed countries, having strong infrastructure for healthcare facilities, awareness and initiative taken by government in use of imaging systems with minimum exposure to harmful radiations and tremendous growth in medical industries, hospitals and research institutes.. In last decade there has been fastest growth of digital radiography sensor market in India, China and rest of the world due to various advancement in technology owing to fast growth in digital radiography sensor market, increase in medical tourism, improvement in healthcare facilities and medical research provided by government. Dental intraoral sensors in digital radiography is expected to be leading hand in digital radiography sensor market growth worldwide, near future.
Digital Radiography Sensor Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in digital radiography sensor market are Hologic, Inc., Carestream Health Inc., Canon Inc., Siemens Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Hitachi Medical Corporation, Fujifilm Medical Systems. Shimadzu Corporation and Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Digital Radiography Sensor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Digital Radiography Sensor Market: Segmentation
The digital radiography sensor market is classified on the basis of product type, taxonomy, technology, end user, modality and geography.
Based on type, the digital radiography sensor market is segmented into the following:
- Computerized Radiography (CT).
- Direct Digital Radiography (DDR).
Based on taxonomy, the digital radiography sensor market is segmented into the following:
- Direct image conversion.
- Photoconductor- a:Se
- Indirect image conversion.
- Scintillator- Csl.
- Storage Phosphor- BaFBr:Eu2+
Based on technology, the digital radiography sensor market is segmented into the following:
- Phosphors based image plates - 1980.
- Amorphous-selenium based image plates - 1987.
- Slot-scan direct radiography (DR) using Charge-coupled device (CCD) – 1990.
- Selenium drum DR - 1994.
- Flat-panel amorphous silicon–cesium iodide scintillator detector – 1995.
- Flat panel Selenium-based detector – 1995.
- Gadolinium-based scintillator detector – 1997.
- Flat-panel Gadolinium-based scintillator, portable detector – 2001.
- Flat-panel Dynamic detector fluoroscopy in digital subtraction angiography – 2001.
- Digital tomosynthesis – 2006.
- Flat-panel Wireless DR detector -
Based on end user, the digital radiography sensor market is segmented into the following:
- Specialized dental clinics.
- Diagnostic imaging centre.
- Research and development centres and companies.
- Medical centres and universities.
Based modality, the digital radiography sensor market is segmented into the following:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Digital Radiography Sensor Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Digital Radiography Sensor Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Digital Radiography Sensor Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Digital Radiography Sensor Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)