This Dimethyl Carbonate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dimethyl Carbonate market.
Dimethyl Carbonate Market: Introduction
Dimethyl Carbonate with formula CH3OC(O)OCH3 is a versatile chemical that exhibits desirable properties such as good solvency and low toxicity. In terms of physical appearance, it is a flammable, odorless chemical with a pale appearance. It displays high reactivity with other chemicals. Earlier, dimethyl carbonate was manufactured by the reaction of methanol with phosgene but due to extreme toxicity of phosgene, the chemical is now manufactured through other methods such as transesterification or the copper catalyzed. In 2009, dimethyl carbonate received its exemption from VOC (Volatile organic compounds). Dimethyl carbonate has numerous applications in end-use industries. Dimethyl carbonate is vastly used as a solvent in the paints and coatings industry owing to its desirable chemical properties. Dimethyl carbonate also works as an intermediate and is used as methylating and carbonylating agent. Furthermore, it is used as an intermediate in the formation of polycarbonate, which is considered as a major application segment for dimethyl carbonate. The compound also finds applications in pharmaceuticals and pesticides. Dimethyl carbonate is an indispensable part of the Li-ion batteries industry owing to its usage as an electrolyte. Dimethyl carbonate is also termed as a green chemical, owing to its chemical properties and non-toxic nature. Thus, owing to its usage in varied amount of applications and high demand for polycarbonate in end-use industries, the dimethyl carbonate market is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Properties of dimethyl carbonate such as non-toxicity, biodegradability and high solvency make it as one of the ideal organic chemicals to be used in several end-use industries. Therefore, it is increasingly replacing xylene, benzene, ethyl, acetone and other chemicals as a solvent which is considered as one of the significant factor for the growth of the dimethyl carbonate market. Furthermore, flourishing polycarbonate industry owing to noteworthy growth in automotive and electronics industries globally is estimated to create positive impact on the global dimethyl carbonate market. Also, its application in the paints and coatings industry is also estimated to propel the growth of the dimethyl carbonate market owing to the current boom in the construction industry.
Although the demand for dimethyl carbonate is increasing globally, the manufacturers are facing certain challenges that might impede the expected growth. Permitting guidelines for the manufacturing of dimethyl carbonate are stringent owing to which manufacturers face tough time getting the license, which might negatively impact the growth in the long run. Also, obstruction in implementation of the advanced technology to create desirable process environment is also expected to hamper the growth of dimethyl carbonate market over the forecast period.
Dimethyl carbonate is also being considered for the future applications such as gasoline blending agent and fuel additive in place of ethanol. But the growth in the future applications remain uncertain, especially in some regions. The demand for dimethyl carbonate as gasoline blending agent is increasing in APAC, which is one of the ongoing trend in the global dimethyl carbonate market.
Dimethyl Carbonate Market: Segmentation
The global dimethyl carbonate market can be segmented based on grade and application.
Dimethyl Carbonate Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global dimethyl carbonate market owing to high demand for the polycarbonate in the growing automotive and electronics industry in the region. Growing per capita income is also one of the significant factor for the growth of dimethyl carbonate market in the region. Europe and North America are expected to record significant growth share over the forecast period owing to high adoption of eco-friendly chemicals as an intermediate. MEA and Latin America are expected to record steady growth in the demand for dimethyl carbonate owing to the growing demand for paints and coatings from the construction industry. Therefore, the overall market of dimethyl carbonate market is expected to have healthy growth over the forecast period.
Dimethyl Carbonate Market: Key Players
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dimethyl Carbonate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By grade, the global dimethyl carbonate market can be segmented as:
- Industrial grade (>99.0 wt %)
- Pharmaceutical grade (>99.5% wt %)
- Battery grade (>99.9 wt %)
By application, the global dimethyl carbonate market can be segmented as:
Examples of some of the market participants in the global dimethyl carbonate market are:
- BASF SE
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Tangshan Chaoyang Chemical Co.Ltd.
- Alfa Aesar
- Dongying City Longxing Chemical Co., Ltd.
- IRO GROUP INC.
- UBE INDUSTRIES,LTD
- Merck KGaA
- HaiKe Chemical Group
- Tongling Jintai Chemical Industrial Co.,ltd
- Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemical Group Co., Ltd
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Dimethyl Carbonate Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Dimethyl Carbonate Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Dimethyl Carbonate Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Dimethyl Carbonate Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.