This Calcium Carbonate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Calcium Carbonate market.
Calcium carbonate is a naturally occurring chemical compound with molecular formula as CaCO3. More than 4% of the earth’s crust is comprised of calcium carbonate. Calcium carbonate is available as aragonite, calcite and dolomite, which are its natural form. The other common natural forms of calcium carbonate are marble, limestone and chalk, which are formed in millions of years by sedimentation of shells of fossilized corals, shellfish and snails. Chemically all these three forms are identical but are different in whiteness, thickness, purity and homogeneity. Calcium carbonate is one of the most versatile and useful material known to the mankind because of its various applications. Calcium carbonate used for industrial applications can be extracted by mining and quarrying. Pure form of calcium carbonate is required for pharmaceutical and food applications, which can be prepared with a pure quarried source such as marble. Ultrafine calcium carbonate is highly porous and has high surface area-volume ratio, it is non-toxic as well as possess biocompatibility with body fluids, which makes its applications more versatile. Various commercial grades of calcium carbonate are being developed, which meet different technical demands by optimization of properties such as fineness, color and distribution of its particles of different sizes.
Global Calcium Carbonate Market: Market Dynamics
The infrastructure development across the globe is increasing the demand for calcium carbonate market. The growth of automobile industry is also leading to the increase in demand for calcium carbonate as a raw material. Calcium carbonate market is growing because of versatile uses of calcium carbonate nanoparticles such as coating of alloys, plastics and nanowires. They are also used for catalytic applications, potential imaging purposes and in drug delivery loading of hydrophilic protein drugs. Side effects such as skin rashes, swelling on face, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and unusual weakness challenge the use of calcium carbonate for food and pharmaceutical applications. USP verified mark should be checked on food products containing calcium carbonate to verify whether it contains lead or not as lead is injurious to health.
The adoption of sustainable construction practices across the globe as habitat solutions, can lead to the growth of calcium carbonate market. Innovative practices for manufacturing different types of calcium carbonate has increased the growth of its market. The increase in awareness for personal and surrounding’s hygiene is fostering the growth of paper industry, which requires calcium carbonate as a raw material for manufacture.
The increase in usage of nanoparticles of calcium carbonate in pharmaceutical, plastic and rubber industry is the latest trend across the globe. Calcium carbonate is widely used as a substitute product of kaolin in the paper industry. Because of easy availability, calcium carbonate is used as a substitute for various additives and wood pulp as well. The increase in use of alkaline based process technology for calcium carbonate is fostering its demand across the globe. It also helps in environment protection by desulphurization of flue gas. Dolomite nowadays is used for refortification of excessive-acidified lands and waters bodies.
Global Calcium Carbonate Market: Segmentation Overview
Calcium carbonate is used in the packaging industry as a functional mineral for rigid packaging. It is also used in the pharmaceuticals as an active ingredient to prepare calcium based antacids. Calcium carbonate is also used as an effective neutralizer in preparation of medicines. It is also used as an inert filler for preparing medicines and capsule shells. Calcium carbonate is used for construction as it is a major ingredient in the asphalt, concrete and asphalt. It has low iron oxide content which makes it a suitable for manufacturing superior quality extra clear glasses. Ground calcium carbonate is used to provide both stiffness as well as abrasion resistance to rubber and rubber products. Both silicone as well as acrylic based sealants can be manufactured from ground calcium carbonate. Aglime manufactured from calcium carbonate is a crucial fertilizer used to provide additional calcium to plants and neutralize soil conditions.
Global Calcium Carbonate Market: Regional Outlook
The global calcium carbonate market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). The APEJ region, holds a significant market share of calcium carbonate owing to the growth of construction and packaging industry. The market in North America and Europe, is more inclined towards increasing consumption of calcium carbonate because of the increasing demand of sustainable habitat construction.
Global Calcium Carbonate Market: Prominent Players
Some of the prominent players in the global calcium carbonate market are:
- Mineral Technologies Inc.
- Okutama Kogyo Co., Ltd
- Omya AG
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Longcliffe Quarries Ltd.
- SCHAEFER KALK GmbH & Co. KG
The global woodworking machines market is highly fragmented due to the presence of large number of regional and global players. Regional players choose quality service and competitive pricing as their winning strategy over global players. In response to this, global players are largely involved in merger & acquisition and partnership activities in order to enhance their profitability margin and market share.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and Industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Calcium Carbonate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Calcium Carbonate Market: Market Segmentation
The global calcium carbonate market can be segmented into Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC) and Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC) depending on the product type.
The global calcium market can also be segmented on the basis of following end use industries:
- Adhesives and sealants
- Paints and surface-coatings
- Plastics and composites
- Rubber and elastomers
- Glass and ceramics
- Construction and architecture
- Paper and pulp
- Agriculture and agronomy
The global calcium carbonate market can be segmented on the basis of following applications:
- Diet supplements
- Mining and mineral processing
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Calcium Carbonate Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Calcium Carbonate Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Calcium Carbonate Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Calcium Carbonate Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.