This Calcium Supplements market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Calcium Supplements market.
Calcium Supplements – Beyond Maintaining Bone Health
A holistic approach to health and wellness among today’s consumers has been propelling solutions that address problems ranging from nutritional deficiencies to lifestyle diseases. An exceptional increase in number of population on a specific diet and the quest for ways to simply improve their nutrition are spurring a wave of innovation in food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, and nutraceuticals and related industries. In recent years, the convergence of these industries has led to more focus on health-promoting diet which include the consumption of a wide range of dietary supplements.
Calcium supplements in particular are garnering significant traction as a viable option for optimal bone health. With increasing awareness of science behind adequate calcium in the body and its potential benefits in proper functioning of the heart, muscles, and nerves, calcium supplements are set to witness increased demand in years ahead. This is according to Future Market Insights’ Calcium Supplements Market Report that explores increasing use of vitamins and minerals to supplement the general food intake and its impact on the market growth.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Big Gains Underpinned by Personalized Nutrition
As baby boomers age and prevalence of bone disorders such as osteoporosis increases among aging men and women, their nutritional needs come into question. The body requires more nutritional support through multi-nutritional supplements as well as older adult health supplements, as it ages. In recent years, demand for calcium supplements is gaining a boost, backed by published studies showing the association of low calcium intake with low bone mass and high fracture rates. While the calcium supplements market is easily quantified with the new ‘healthy life’ movement, it is expected to benefit further from emerging trend of ‘personalized’ nutrition. In addition to playing a key role in minimizing the impact of poor dietary habits, personalized nutrition lowers the risk of nutrient deficiencies while preventing a buildup of excess minerals in the body.
Previous studies have suggested that excess use of calcium supplements may increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases and kidney stones, especially in women. In addition, new data from the Women’s Health Initiative and the United States Preventive Services Task Forces has been inconsistent to support that calcium supplements do not increase the risk of these diseases. This scenario sets the stage of future innovations in the personalized nutrition space, especially for calcium supplements.
Calcium Supplements Market Yet to Reveal its Potential in Low-income Countries
Growth prospects of calcium supplements market continue to remain high in North America and Europe, due to greater awareness of balanced nutrition among consumers and strong presence of market players in these regions. In low-income settings, access to calcium supplements or food with calcium is at its worst. People with limited incomes exclusively rely for survival on affordable staple foods such as rice, wheat and maize, containing negligible amount of calcium. Government investments in nutritional interventions at a population level to address health inequities occasioned by relatively low access to calcium are thus expected to be a key factor promoting growth of the calcium supplements market in low-income countries, especially in Middle East & Africa.
Liquid Calcium Supplements Capture Significant Share
Today, consumers are not only looking for nutritious food or supplements that can be accessed with ease, but are also seeking convenience and consistency. Liquid calcium supplements are therefore witnessing higher innovations and investments as compared to pills and capsules. As greater absorption of liquid calcium supplements eases the transition to bloodstream, manufacturers are specifically focused on this category. Calcium pills and capsules, on the other hand, are large in size and harder to swallow, which are expected to pose as a potential threat to their demand. In terms of product, calcium carbonate and calcium citrate continue to account for major share of manufacturers’ bottom lines. It is imperative to note that calcium carbonate requires acid generated in the stomach for absorption, and therefore, it is taken with meals, while citrate does not require meals for absorption.
Calcium supplements also account for large share in total sales of bone & teeth supplements, on the back of consumers increasingly focusing on taking preventive measures to overcome conditions such as osteoporosis and bone fractures. Moreover, rising awareness regarding the importance of preventive measures related to health along with government initiatives to reduce economic burden on healthcare systems is projected to remain instrumental to the growth of the calcium supplements market.
Calcium Supplements Market Players Set to Align with Newer Consumer Trends
The calcium supplements market is projected to record a steady growth by the next decade, with key players such as Citracal, NutraLab Canada, P.S. Health Care, Integrative Therapeutics, Swisse, Black Mores, Osteoform, Caltrate, Chambio, and Coral LLC being neck and neck to acquire a strong position. In an attempt to tap diverse demographic, these manufacturers are focusing on introducing new flavored calcium supplements that help fulfill consumer preferences for good taste, and ultimately determine their buying decision. Manufacturers are also targeted towards using natural flavours and natural colours to capitalize on rapidly increasing demand for natural ingredients in both food products and supplements. Furthermore, the trend of convenience is reflected on the emergence of calcium soft chew which quickly and easily dissolves – suitable for consumers of all age groups.
In recent years, as a high-profile vegetarian and vegan dietary movement continues to find stronger voice in food, pharmaceutical, and nutraceuticals, key players in calcium supplements market are hard pressed to innovate their products. While the jury is still out on risks of calcium supplements, increase consumer awareness on how effective dietary supplementation can assist in supporting health will continue to remain a key growth influencer of the market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Calcium Supplements Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Calcium Supplements Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to calcium supplements market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Calcium Supplements Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Calcium Supplements
- Value Chain Analysis of the Calcium Supplements market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on calcium supplements market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Calcium Supplements Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Calcium Supplements Market : Segmentation
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for yorker spouts market
- Competitive landscape for yorker spouts market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Calcium Supplements Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Calcium Supplements Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Calcium Supplements Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Calcium Supplements Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)