This Engine Actuators market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Engine Actuators market.
Engine actuators are a vital fragment of electronic control systems in passenger cars and commercial vehicles, as these convert electrical signals from the control unit into a relevant action. Engine actuators need a control signal for their operation, along with a source of energy. Control signals are low energy and in the form of electric voltage, hydraulic pressure, or of the pneumatic type. When engine actuators receive control signals, they respond by transforming the energy into mechanical movement or motion. A set of such engine actuators assist in providing constant idling and ensuring optimum combustion of fuel. Engine actuators, thus, find important applications in the automotive industry including regulation of the idling speed and control of air flaps for the purpose of optimization of torque as well as power. These also find application in metering the fuel to ensure optimized combustion process. Engine actuators are also used to lock and unlock doors in automobiles, for remotely controlled operation of fuel fillers, bonnets, storage compartments and boot lids. Thus, considering the vital applications of engine actuators, the study of the engine actuators market becomes an important read.
Engine Actuators Market: Dynamics
In recent times, there has been a substantial rise in the market growth of high end vehicles, sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and crossovers. Engines in case of these vehicles comprise several engine actuators for a variety of applications. This has been positively impacting the growth rate of the global engine actuators market. The trend is especially strong in Asia Pacific based countries. A recent trend observed with regard to the engine actuators market at a global level is the deployment of variable valve time engine actuators in small size passenger car engines. Manufacturers of engine actuators have been giving importance to providing dual variable valve time systems (VVTs), to achieve a healthier fuel efficiency as well as power output for engines, especially in case of compact vehicles.
It has also been noted that as rising fuel prices have been forcing customers to opt for more and more fuel efficient cars. This coupled with the need for adhering to stringent emission related norms have prompted manufacturers to focus on slimming down engines so as to reduce the overall curb weight and augment mileage. This has also been translating into decrease in the number of cylinders used, thereby lessening the displacement while simultaneously maintaining the same amount of power. As dual variable valve time engine actuators provide an economical, cost-effective and lightweight solution to increase fuel efficiency for vehicles and optimize emissions, this is expected to drive the growth of engine actuators market, over the next few years.
Engine Actuators Market: Participants
The global automotive engine actuators market consists of few well-established vendors. The key vendors in the market are focusing on enhancing their customer base and increasing their investments in R&D. The improvements in technology and stringent government regulations is expected to intensify the level of competition in the already competitive market. Most of the advancements in the market are due to the rise in production of passenger vehicles and the manufacturers are gradually equipping compact cars with VVT systems and cruise control to increase their output and fuel efficiency. Examples of the market participants in the global engine actuators market are as follows:
- Denso Europe
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- VDO (Continental Corporation)
- Eaton Corporation
- Arkwin Industries Inc.
- Johnson Electric
- Moving Magnet Technologies S.A.
- Delphi Automotive LLP.
- Woodward, Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Engine Actuators Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Engine Actuators Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global engine actuators market comprises:
- Digital Linear Actuators
- Air control valves
- Exhaust gas recirculation valves
- Variable Lift Control Motors
- Electromotive Throttle Valves
- Electronic Throttle Valves
- Idle-Speed Controllers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Engine Actuators Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Engine Actuators Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Engine Actuators Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Engine Actuators Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.