This Eye and Face Protection market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Eye and Face Protection market.
As the spread of COVID-19 pandemic accelerates, global health systems are becoming overwhelmed with a growing number of potentially infectious patients seeking testing and care. This has increased the need to prevent the spread of infection to and from health care workers (HCWs) and patients, thereby potentially raising the demand for various personal protective equipment (PPE), particularly eye and face protection equipment such as face shields, surgical mask, respirators, and protective goggles. Additionally, misuse, panic buying, and stockpiling of these products by common citizens is leading a manifold increase in demand worldwide. Moreover, the coronavirus pandemic is putting an unprecedented pressure on the global healthcare systems and the rise in medical needs is exposing widening gaps in inventory of eye and face protection equipment.
Updates in Guidance for Rational Use and Reliance on Alternatives to Increase as Supply Slumps
Over the years, growth of the eye and face protection market remained driven by growing infrastructural activities in developing economies and expanding oil & gas exploration and production. However, the scenario is changing amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, compelling manufacturers to stop the production of industrial products and focus on medical applications. Additionally, as supply shortages are putting lives at risks and leaving HCWs ill-equipped to care for COVID-19 patients, governments and public health organizations are targeted towards boosting supply, easing export restrictions, and putting strict measures in place to stop speculation and hoarding of eye and face protection equipment. This is expected to result in steady demand and supply in near term.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Shortages of medical supplies, due to expansive shutdown of factories in major equipment producing countries such as China and limited availability of raw materials, have forced health care providers to improvise with next-best alternatives. Several HCWs are creating eye and face protection devices with office supplies, reusing existing supplies when treating different patients, or doubling up on flimsy masks in the absence of N95 respirator masks. Moreover, doctors and nurses in highly populous countries like India are relying on helmets and raincoats in place of medical eye and face protection equipment.
Educational Institutions, Researchers, and Start-ups Join the Manufacturing Race
As the disrupted supply chains along with panic buying and hoarding of vital PPE needed by the frontline workers has left a shortage, governments are working closely with manufacturers to ramp up the production of eye and face protection equipment. In the U.S., President Trump has invoked the Defense Production Act to mobilize war-scale manufacturers of critical items. Educational institutes such as MIT are joining the manufacturing race, where a team launched a technique that combines low-cost materials and high-rate manufacturing of disposable face shields. The design of these shields not only includes extra protection but can also be reused without the risk of contamination.
The sheer volume of eye and face protection equipment needed to keep HCWs and patients safe in the COVID-19 crisis is daunting. Researchers at UMass Amherst have designed low-cost plastic-based face shields which are being made available to manufacturers such as K+K Thermoforming for mass production. Furthermore, several local manufacturers and startups are leveraging 3D printing technology to develop face shields and protective goggles that provide additional protection to the face and eyes of the medical professionals at relatively low cost.
Developed Markets Lead the First Wave of Growth, Developing Economies Close In
North America and Europe continue to hold major share of global eye and face protection market value. The emergence of the U.S. and Italy as the hardest hit countries after China has resulted in exponentially increased demand for eye and face protection equipment in these regions. As the U.S. passes an economic relief bill that gives manufacturers such as 3M and Honeywell protection against lawsuits when selling tens of millions of eye and face protection equipment to HCWs, the regional market will continue to witness robust growth.
Presence of major supply chains in China is contributing to growth of the eye and face protection market in Asia Pacific. Reopening of factories in the nation and ease of export restrictions on medical supplies are further likely aid to global demand for protective equipment.
Eye and Face Protection Market: Competitive Landscape
The FMI’s report profiles a list of leading players operating in the eye and face protection market wherein product portfolio, new launches, growth strategies, and regional presence of each player have been detailed. Some of these players include, but are not limited to, 3M, Dynaflux, Inc., Bullard, Uvex Safety Group, Avon Rubber Plc, Honeywell International Inc., Kimberly-Clark, Grainger, Msa Safety Inc, Ansell Limited, and DuPont.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Eye and Face Protection Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmental Analysis of Eye and Face Protection Market
The FMI’s report categorizes the eye and face protection market on the basis of product, application, and region.
Eye and Face Protection Market Analysis by Product
- Eye Spectacles
- Face Shields
- Wielding Shields
- Protective Goggles
- Laser Safety Goggles
Eye and Face Protection Market Analysis by Application
- Oil & Gas
- Defense & Maritime
Regional Analysis of the Eye and Face Protection Market
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
Report Highlights: Global Eye and Face Protection Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering the personal protective equipment market
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the eye and face protection industry
- Detailed segmentation of the eye and face protection market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in eye and face protection
- Opportunity assessment of eye and face protection market
- Competitive landscape analysis of eye and face protection marketplace
- Key player developments in eye and face protection space
- Niche and potential segments in the eye and face protection market that reflect promising opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance over the forecast period
- Must-have insights for the market players
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Eye and Face Protection Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Eye and Face Protection Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Eye and Face Protection Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Eye and Face Protection Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)