Gamma Linolenic Acid Market Outlook
Gamma linolenic acid is a polyunsaturated fatty acid which plays important functions to maintain human health. Gamma linolenic acid is found in a few seed oils such as borage, evening primrose, and blackcurrant. The omega-6 fatty acids are not produced in the body, and thus, are obtained through diet and supplements. The omega-6 fatty acids are required to maintain heart health, mood balance, and insulin utilization. Therefore, gamma linolenic acid is an important omega-6 fatty acid that offers various health benefits. On consumption of gamma linolenic acid, the body further converts it into another form which helps in reducing inflammation. Gamma linolenic acid is a high-value fatty acid which is used in dietary supplements, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, animal nutrition, and food and beverage industry.
Several Health Benefits of Gamma Linolenic Acid boosts its Market
The increase in the occurrence of arthritis is estimated to boost the demand for gamma linolenic acid. According to the study published by the Arthritis Foundation, in 2017, around 54.4 million of the Americans are suffering from doctor-diagnosed arthritis. The joint pain and swelling is a common symptom of arthritis. The consumption of gamma linolenic acid is an excellent option as it helps to reduce inflammation and aids in preventing arthritis. Also, as the health-concern among the consumers is rising, there has been a big change in their lifestyle. The consumers prefer the use of products that contain nutritive ingredients and offer health benefits. Thus, as the number of patients with arthritis increases, the demand for products containing gamma linolenic acid is expected to increase.
As the body does not synthesize gamma linolenic acid, the humans have to depend on the external source to fulfill the body requirements. The deficiency of gamma-linolenic acid causes certain changes in body metabolism. Thus, the dependence on the external source to satisfy the gamma linolenic acid requirement is estimated to serve as a driver for its market.
Gamma linolenic acid offers various health benefits. Gamma linolenic acid is used as a medication for several health conditions such as allergies, high cholesterol, menopause, metabolic syndrome, and eczema. Also, the consumption of gamma linolenic acid decreases the symptoms of nerve damage due to diabetes. Some studies have also shown that the consumption of gamma linolenic acid helps to slow down the growth of tumors and also aids in improving the efficacy of certain anti-cancer drugs. The several health benefits of the gamma linolenic acid are anticipated to increase its demand in the dietary supplement and pharmaceutical industry.
Gamma Linolenic Acid Market: Regional Analysis
According to the Arthritis Foundation, by 2040, the number of US adults with doctor-diagnosed arthritis is estimated to increase by 49% and affect around 78.4 million US population. The rising cases of arthritis in North America are expected to have a positive impact on the gamma linolenic acid market. The manufacturers of various industries are estimated to focus on developing products that help in providing an effective solution for arthritis. Thus, the manufacturers of gamma linolenic acid have the opportunity to improve the marketing and promotional strategies, which would increase the awareness about the health-benefits of gamma linolenic acid, and further increase its application in the end-use industries.
Gamma Linolenic Acid Market: Key Participants
Few of the key market players in the gamma linolenic acid market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Enzo Life Sciences, Inc.
- Cayman Chemical
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Cherish Pharma
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the gamma linolenic acid market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as nature, from, and end-use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Gamma Linolenic acid Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to gamma linolenic acid market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in gamma linolenic acid market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of gamma linolenic acid
- Value Chain Analysis of the gamma linolenic acid market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Gamma Linolenic Acid Market Segmentation
The gamma linolenic acid market can be segmented on the basis of nature, form, and end-use -
The gamma linolenic acid market can be segmented on the basis of nature as:
The gamma linolenic acid market can be segmented on the basis of the form as:
The gamma linolenic acid market can be segmented on the basis of the end-use as:
- Food and Beverage
- Dietary Supplements and Functional Foods
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Cosmetic and Personal Care
- Animal Nutrition
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the gamma linolenic acid market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the gamma linolenic acid market
- Competitive landscape of the gamma linolenic acid market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on gamma linolenic acid market performance
- Must-have information for gamma linolenic acid market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.