This Gel Stent market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gel Stent market.
Astent is a small tube that is expandable and is used for treatment of the narrowed arteries. Stents can also be placed in weak arteries to improve the blood flow and prevent arteries from bursting. The most common surgical treatment for glaucoma is trabeculectomy or trabeculoplasty which are highly effective yet invasive. The gel stent is made up of soft collagen derived gelatin. On injection, the stent gets hydrated and swells which create a soft and flexible channel that adheres to ocular tissue and cannot move. The procedure is minimally invasive, it reduces the intraocular pressure (IOP) significantly by drainage of fluid to subconjunctival passage, and the material minimizes the complication as compared to other synthetic materials.
Gel Stent Market: Drivers & Restraints
The population above the age of 40 is more prone to the disease of eyes and malfunctioning of various eye structures. Thus the rise in geriatric population is one of the major driver that can influence the growth of the gel stent market. Glaucoma is one of the leading cause for blindness. It is estimated that about 3.54 percent of population worldwide has glaucoma. Rise in prevalence and incidence of glaucoma, rise in healthcare expenditure, minimal invasive procedure as compared to other surgeries, technologically advanced procedure are the factors that can propel the growth of the global gel stent market.
Some factors that can pull back the global gel stent market are rise in the cost of the procedure, less availability of super specialized professionals. The lack of experience and knowledge about the efficacy, technique and the complication of the gel stent are the major factors that can restrain the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Gel Stent Market: Overview
The global gel stent market is expected to expand at a significant growth rate across regions. The players operating in this segment are working on their research and development process to build advanced products and increase their product portfolio. The prevalence of glaucoma and other eye injuries are on the rise across North American countries due to a large number of elderly population. Furthermore, there is rise in the cases of congenital glaucoma due to change in lifestyle and habits which can propel the growth of the market.
Gel Stent Market: Region-wise Outlook
A geographic condition regarding the global gel stent market, it has been segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and the Middle East & Africa.
North America is expected to register the highest growth in the global stent market in terms of value which is then followed by Europe. The factors responsible for the growth of the market are technologically developed economy, rise in awareness among people about the latest technologies and treatment, highest number of case in glaucoma etc. Asia Pacific market is the expected to anticipate the highest growth rate due to rising interest in novel technology, prevalence of glaucoma, developing economy etc.
Gel Stent Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global market are ALLERGAN, AqueSys, Inc. ALLERGAN received FDA clearance for XEN Gel stent in the year 2016 for treatment of refractory glaucoma. XEN has provided a new treatment for millions of people in America.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, U.K, Spain, Benelux, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, ,Russia, Rest of Western Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gel Stent Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Gel Stent Market: Segmentation
The global gel stent market is classified on the basis of clinical trials, end user, and geographical region
Based on clinical trials, the global gel stent market is segmented into the following:
- Clinical Phase I
- Clinical Phase I/II
- Clinical Phase II
- Clinical Phase III
Based on End-User, the global gel stent market is segmented into the following:
- Eye Clinics
- Eye Research Institutes
Based on geography, the global gel stent market is segmented into following:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East and Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Gel Stent Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Gel Stent Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Gel Stent Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Gel Stent Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)