This Amla Extract market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Amla Extract market.
Amla extract is procured from plant species known as Emblica Officinalis and falls under the category of super fruit. Amla or Indian gooseberry, as it may be called, is a fruit primeval to the Indian subcontinent.
With the increase in the demand for amla extract globally, Emblica Officinalis is presently grown commercially in different regions of the world. Amla extract contains carbohydrates, amino acids, iron, calcium, vitamins.
Amla Extract Market Driven by Growing Consumer Spending on Healthy Food Products
There are many health benefits associated with the regular intake of amla. These include skin rejuvenation, eyesight improvement, strengthening of the immune system, and blood sugar regulation.
Amla extract is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Its richness in vitamin C gives it the power to fight against bacterial and viral ailments, like cold and cough. Alma can also act as an antioxidant that prevents cancer cell development.
Although the jury may still be out on the scientific evidence on some of the health benefits of amla, consumer perception remains positive. And, food and dietary supplement companies are capitalizing on this consumer sentiment by launching amla-extract based products. Use of amla imagery on products, and informative labelling remains a key practice among dietary supplement and functional food companies.
Increasing Applications in Nutricosmetics Creating New Opportunities for Amla Extract Market Players
The broader shift toward plant-based products has also induced changes in the way collagen formulators source ingredients. Amla extracts, especially a patented form, known as Saberry is finding increasing application in nutricosmetics, especially in Japan, China, and South Korea.
In these East Asian countries, the nutricosmetics market is quite mature, and use of amla extracts as a natural ingredient is growing. These developments are not lost on the nutricosmetics market players in the US. Although at a nascent stage, the lucrative potential of nutricosmetics is likely to boost demand for amla extracts during the forecast period.
COVID-19-Induced Spike in Demand for Immunity Boosters Can Lead to Further Fragmentation
The amla extracts market remains highly fragmented, however, the COVID-19-induced spike in immunity boosters is likely to create a frenzied scramble.
Although there are apprehensions that the spike will be short-lived, many experts are of the opinion that the change in dietary patterns will be long-lasting.
India, one of the most lucrative markets for FMCG, has witnessed a 20% to 40% increase in sales of immunity-boosting foods, according to FSSAI. Similar trends are being witnessed in East Asia and Europe.
‘Purported’ Health Benefits Invite Regulatory Scrutiny
Although there is unanimity over amla’s health benefits, some food processors purport its benefits to critical disease treatment without support of strong scientific evidence.
Many research papers have boosted the case of amla extract market players, as benefits pertaining to skin rejuvenation, digestive health, and immunity boost have been found to be true.
However, on the other hand, use of amla extracts to treat serious diseases is debatable, until concrete evidence is not available in the public domain. Use of such claims by a section of dietary supplement and functional food manufacturers has invited scrutiny by regulatory bodies.
In many cases, amla extract exports have been impacted due to misleading claims. This is especially true for exports from countries where regulations are lax.
Amla Extracts Market: Region-wise Analysis
India remains one of the largest markets for amla extracts globally. Amla extracts have traditionally been used in many Indian households, however, its commercialization, and availability in various product forms has led to further uptake.
In addition to India, countries in South East Asia, and East Asia are also significant markets for amla extracts. The change in consumer behavior due to COVID-19 is likely to fuel further growth in the region.
Outside of these lucrative markets, Europe is steadily emerging as a key region for amla extracts globally. The prevailing factors are likely to push amla extracts demand in Europe.
Amla Extracts Market: Competitive Landscape
- Sydler Group
- Ri-Sun Bio Tech
- Ambe Phyoextracts Pvt. Ltd.
- Arjuna Natural Extracts Ltd.
- Patanjali Ayurveda
- Bhumi Amla, Biomax
- Taiyo International
- Herbeno Herbals Pvt. Ltd.
The hegemony of India-based manufacturers is likely to continue in the global amla extracts market. However, the relatively easy export route is likely to come under greater scrutiny in the post COVID-19 era.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Amla Extract Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Amla Extract Market Segment Analysis
The global amla extract market can be segmented on the following basis:
- Radiation protection
- Skin and collagen
- Food and beverages
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Amla Extract Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Amla Extract Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Amla Extract Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Amla Extract Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)