This Global Wearable Electronics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Wearable Electronics market.
With various applications in a wide range of verticals such as fitness and wellbeing, medical and healthcare, entertainment and infotainment, industrial, commercial, aerospace, and military, wearable electronics facilitate a variety of functions.
The market witnessed significant growth in 2015 and is expected to grow impressively by 2020 end, at a double digit CAGR.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Key Drivers: Wearable Electronics Market
The impressive growth of the wearable electronics market is attributed to growing consumer interest in health and fitness monitoring. Moreover, a variety of wearable products are available online, which boost the popularity of wearable electronics.
The market is constantly witnessing innovative product development, offering enhanced functionality and display. This plays a key role in pushing the demand for wearable electronics in the market. Increasing user-friendliness of electronic wearable gadgets is another factor supporting their popularity among consumers.
Rising proliferation of smart glasses and smart watches is attributed to their data-sharing ability with smartphones. Smart watches have been representing the largest market revenue share since the last two years, owing to their ability to manage phone calls and social media, and play music and games, in addition to primarily track individual fitness.
Key Restraints to Market Growth
A few factors such as limited battery life, expensive initial costs, and privacy concerns may hamper their demand, eventually impacting the growth of the market.
In developing nations, sufficient consumer population is still not aware of the functionality of wearable electronics. Moreover, research observes low perception of the advantages offered by sophisticated wearable electronic devices.
Segmentation: Global Wearable Electronics Market
FMI’s research on the global wearable electronics market offers a five-year forecast, segmenting the market on the basis of product, component, application, technology, and geography.
According to the product, the market is segmented into eye wear, wrist wear, neck wear, head wear, footwear, and body wear. The products are further segmented as watches, bands, goggles, ties, collars, lenses, headsets, and head band.
Based on the component, the market is segmented into sensors, controllers, power supply units, networking components, displays, memory cards, and interface components.
On the basis of technology, the market is further segmented into computing technology and display technology. Display technology majorly includes networking technologies, positioning technologies, sensor technologies, and speech recognition technologies.
Based on the application, the wearable electronics market is segmented as consumer electronics, healthcare, industrial and business, training and development, and defence and military. The consumer electronics market is further segmented into lifestyle and fitness, sports, fashion, garments, and infotainment and multimedia. The lifestyle and fitness segment is estimated to account for the largest market share globally.
Based on the geographical region, the wearable electronics market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Japan, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and Middle East and Africa. The current market scenario represents substantial market for wearable electronics in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Japan, China, South Korea, India, the U.K., France, Germany, and the Middle East. While North America is leading the market, Asia Pacific is projected to witness strong growth by 2020 end. Driven by technological innovation and rapid adoption of advanced technology, the Americas are expected to retain their position of the top market during the forecast period.
Global Wearable Electronics Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the global Wearable Electronics market are Apple, Inc., Google, Inc., Samsung Group, Sony Corporation, Nike, Inc., Adidas AG, Qualcomm, Inc., Texas Instruments, Optis SAS, Recon Instruments, Inc., Jawbone, Inc., AT&T Inc., and System Technologies Incorporated are some of the key players capturing remarkable market shares globally.
Other players include Oculus VR, Inc., Rockwell Collins, Kopin Corporation, Thales SA, BAE Systems, Glassup SRL, Epson Corporation, Infineon Technologies AG, Emagin Corporation, Shimmer Research Inc., and Weartech S.L.
While Apple has been pioneering in the popularisation of wearables as a lifestyle trend, many other brands are also competing in the market with new products. In 2015, Samsung Electronics Pvt. Ltd. witnessed considerable sales in the autonomous wearable electronics sector. The company sells smart watches with a different brand name - Gear. Sony Corporation also enjoys higher sales compared to most of the other brands. Key players might gain new revenue generation opportunities in the near future, with the saturation of the smartphone business.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with suitable sets of assumptions and methodology. This research report provides analysis and information by categories such as products, components, applications technology and geographies.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness according to segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Wearable Electronics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Notable Trends in the Industry
- Injected electronics and thin, printed electronic sensors are likely to be the next big things in the healthcare and fitness industry.
- Electronic wearables are being developed for remotely or wireless monitoring of patients by healthcare staff.
- Electronic textiles are already witnessing significant adoption, and are currently undergoing R&D innovation.
- Hybrid, stretchable electronics have recently hit the market and support various applications.
- Researchers at the Case Western Reserve University have developed flexible wire-shaped micro-super-capacitors that can be woven into a jacket, shirt or dress, in order to be used as a wearable power source for electronics.
- A flexible, wearable electronic in form of a skin patch helps to personally monitor alcohol levels.
Report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Wearable Electronics Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Wearable Electronics Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Wearable Electronics Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Wearable Electronics Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.