This Global Wireless Power Transmission market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Wireless Power Transmission market.
Wireless power transmission (WPT) or wireless power transfer refers to the transfer of energy or power from one place to another without being connecting through wires. In this, electromagnetic energy is transferred from power sources to electric loads.
Wired transmission is the most commonmode of transmitting electrical energy. Its main drawback, the loss of energy during transmission, drives the demand for wireless power transmission. Being fast and consistent, WPT can be used both for short and long range transmissions. A major advantage of WPT is low maintenance cost. However, there is a high initial cost i.e. capital cost involved in implementing the WPT. Another disadvantage is interference of microwaves with current communication systems. WPT is generally used for transfer of energy to remote areas. Major application of WPT is in consumer electronics goods such aslaptops, tablets and smartphones. The largest application of WPT is in solar-power satellites. WPT is also used in fuel-free aircrafts, fuel-free electric automobiles, robots and fuel-free rockets.
Globally, WPT technology is being accepted positively, outdated wired power transmission tools are being replaced with the latest technology. Countries likethe U.S.are investing high on the adoption of WPT technology, to take full advantage of their power system networks and reduce the installation cost of overhead cables. This technology is still in its initial stage, which providesa huge opportunity for new entrants to enter this market,conditional to their acceptance of the high capital cost. The main drivers for the market area huge demand by the battery functioned devices globally and decrease in high tension on Head Cables.Market is expected to show a double digit growth rate in coming five years (2015-2020). The growth is majorly driven by need of technological advancement and new wireless power transmission applications such as solar-power satellites.
Market segmentation for WPT is basedon application, technology,transmission types, transmission range andgeography. The application segment includes consumer electronics, healthcare, automotive and defence. Consumer electronics are further sub-divided into mobile phones, tablets, laptops and wearable electronics. Technological segmentation includes near-field or non-radioactive techniques and far-field or radioactive techniques.On the basis of transmission types, the market is segmented into devices with and without battery. The market is also segmented on the basis of transmission range which include short, medium and long ranges. The regional or geographical segmentation includes regions such as North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Japan, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and Middle East & Africa.
Majorplayersinvolved in the wireless power transmission market are Qualcomm, Leggett & Platt, ConvenientPower HK, Energizer Holdings, Inc. and Integrated Device Technology, Inc. Other important companies are Powermat Technologies Ltd., Plugless Power, Texas Instruments, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and WiTricity. The common strategy adopted by players are product development and a focus on research & development activities.
WPT technology helps make life easy and comfortable. WPT is much better than thetraditional form of power transmission. It’s an efficient technology which helpsin decreasingenergy crises and energy loss. In the near future,the world will completely shift towards wireless technologyand use of wireless devices, as well as wireless power transmission, will be evermore, creatinga good opportunity for players in this market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market application, geography,transmission types, transmissionrange and technology.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Wireless Power Transmission Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Wireless Power Transmission Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Wireless Power Transmission Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Wireless Power Transmission Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Wireless Power Transmission Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Wireless Power Transmission Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.