This Hardwood Pulp market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Hardwood Pulp market.
Hardwood Pulp Market: Overview
Hardwood pulp is also called as short fiber pulp which is extracted from birch, poplar, basswood, eucalyptus, maple, etc. As the hardwood pulp gives strong absorptivity and opaqueness to the paper, the printing paper manufacturers have increasing demand for hardwood pulp. The other key features of hardwood pulp such as excellent cleanliness, formation and surface properties are responsible for increasing growth of hardwood pulp market across the world. The hardwood pulp paper bags are easy to recycle and hence it helps to replace plastic and other bags material easily. It is witness that, Hardwood grade consist of birch and eucalyptus pulp results into good strength, structural properties and rigidity. Many tissue manufacturers are having increasing preference for hardwood pulp, as it gives more softness and smoothness to the tissue paper. The various application of bleached hardwood kraft pulp are paperboard, specialty paper, coated and uncoated paper, tissue and board grades. The hardwood material is easy to make pulp and bleached with less alkaline consumption. This gives significant incremental opportunity for the global hardwood pulp during the forecast period.
Hardwood Pulp Market: Dynamics
The fueling factor responsible for exponential growth of global hardwood pulp market is use of recyclable and biodegradable packaging & paper material. Changing regulations and ban on plastic or non-recyclable material in Europe and other regions provides lucrative opportunities for the growth of hardwood pulp market. The hardwood pulp is cost effective which further drives the global market. Lucrative opportunities are observed for hardwood pulp as it have more initial brightness due to high cellulose, extractives and less lignin than softwood. On the other side, increasing preference for hygiene papers such as tissue papers, diapers, sanitary napkins, resulting into potential growth of hardwood pulp market. The global market of hardwood pulp is boosting on the backdrop of increasing paper industries and latest technologies.
The growth of global hardwood pulp market might slow down due to shifting from paper and printing to digital media and paperless communication. However, the demand is still increasing due to packaging industries.
Hardwood Pulp Market: Regional Outlook
Due to environment friendly packaging trend, the hardwood pulp market is expected to grow in multiples in various regions such as North and South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. It is witness that China is the leader for hardwood pulp market. Maximum export of hardwood pulp is observed in China in order to satisfy global demand of hardwood pulp. Upgradation is technologies and rapid industrialization in emerging countries such as India, and Mexico propelling new opportunities for hardwood pulp market. Due to more impact of digitalization in countries like the United States and Brazil, sluggish growth of hardwood pulp market is witness. Significant growth in GCC countries and Turkey is expected during the forecast period. In addition to this, with the increasing demand of graphical papers, lucrative opportunities for growing hardwood pulp are expected. Growing health concern among people leads to increasing use of tissue paper, and pulp for hygienic products. The hardwood pulp market is expected to grow further on the backdrop of textile applications in France, and U.K. market.
Hardwood Pulp Market: Key Players
The key players of hardwood pulp market are as follows:
- Centralpaper Finland
- Rayonier Advanced Materials
- Nippon Paper Group
- UPM Pulp
- Domtar Inc.
- Stora Enso Oyj
- Irving Pulp & Paper Ltd.
- Cenibra - Celulose Nipo-Brasileira
- CMPC CELULOSA S.A.
- Ilim Pulp Group
- Resolute Forest Products
The Hardwood Pulp market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes -
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Hardwood Pulp Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Hardwood Pulp Market: Segmentation
The hardwood pulp market can be segmented on the basis of pulping process, bleaching process, grades, and application as follows:
On the basis of pulping process, the global market is segmented as:
On the basis of bleaching, the global market is segmented as:
- Chlorine Bleaching (Chlorine gas & Hypochlorite)
- Totally Chlorine Free (TCF)
- Elemental Chlorine Free (ECF)
- Oxygen/Ozone Bleached
On the basis of application, the global market is segmented as:
- Packaging Paper
- Corrugated board
- Flexible Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Graphic Paper (Writing and Printing)
- Newsprint Paper
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Hardwood Pulp Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Hardwood Pulp Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Hardwood Pulp Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Hardwood Pulp Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)