This Hops Essential Oil market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Hops Essential Oil market.
Market Outlook for Hops Essential Oil
Hops are the cones (female flower) of a climbing plant called Humulus lupulus, which is commonly grown in the European region. The oil extracted from these hops is called hops essential oil. Steam distillation is the common method of extraction for hops essential oil. Aromatically, hops essential oil is sweet and fresh with a bit of sharpness and bitterness. Hops essential oil is used for fragrance and therapeutic blending when diluted in low concentration with other oils. Hops essential oil is also known to cause sedative effects on humans. This makes hops essential oil applicable in relieving stress, anxiety, and insomnia in humans. The application of hops essential oil also includes its uses in natural deodorants, fragrances, and perfumes.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Wide Spectrum of Applications Offered by Hops Essential Oil Increasing its Usage in the Alcoholic Beverage Market, Besides Others
Hops essential oil has major application in beer production. Flavour is imparted to the beer by hops essential oil either by late-hopping or dry-hopping. For instance, ale is produced by the dry-hopping method. Beer gains an exclusive hop aroma after the addition of hops essential oil into it, and consumers tend to prefer aromatic beer as compared to natural beer. As a result, hops essential oil is gaining popularity among beer producers for hoppy flavour intensification and product differentiation. This aroma and flavour imparted by hops essential oil is driving consumer acceptance. Hops essential oil flavoured beers are also trending among consumers who are incorporating them into their bedtime routines, since the hops essential oil used to flavour such beers helps them overcome restlessness and the inability to sleep. Also, some people are using this benefit offered by hops essential oil by sprinkling one or two drops of hops essential oil on the pillow to relax and sleep well.
Hops Essential Oil Market: Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the global hops essential oil market identified are Glacier Hops Ranc, Green Acre Farms, Aliksir, Mountain Rose Herbs, Hopsteiner, Hermitage Oils, Denie Brown, and others.
Hops Essential Oil Market: Key Developments
In the year 2017, it was announced that, steam-distilled 'Hopzoil', a leading brand of hops essential oil from the company Glacier Hops Ranch, would be marketed and distributed globally. This was supported by the collaboration between two major steam-distilled essential oil and fresh hop producers Glacier Hops Ranch, Inc. and Green Acre Farms, Inc. for commercial users and breweries.
There has been growing demand for hops essential oil in the aroma market in the US since the year 2016. This growth has been aided by the expanding craft beer market where hops essential oil is used for imparting aroma and flavour.
Opportunities for Hops Essential Oil Market Participants
The hops essential market shows great potential of growing if the technology in hops processing improves. The extraction of essential oil from hops involves a lot of intermediate steps that add on to the cost for manufacturers. This factor is driving hops essential oil manufacturers away from the market. Hence, research on developing low-cost processes for producing hops essential oil can offer a great opportunity for the market to grow. The introduction of new and flavourful craft beer can be another opportunity for the hops essential market to expand, because flavoured and aromatic craft beer is one of the major applications where hops essential oil is used. Also, the market can further increase if awareness about the therapeutic uses hops essential oil for anxiety and insomnia spreads around the world. Hops essential oil can also be prescribed in appropriate dosages to people suffering from restlessness and sleeplessness. The organic production of hops can also act as a potential opportunity for growth in the organic and natural flavour industry.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the hops essential oil market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, end-use application, packing, nature of production, and sales channel in the hops essential oil market.
Key Data Points Covered in the Hops Essential Oil Market Report:
- An overview of the global hops essential oil market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the hops essential oil
- The cost structure of and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial segments, regions, and major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants in the hops essential oil
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the hops essential oil
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the hops essential oil market. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors of the hops essential oil market, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Hops Essential Oil Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Hops Essential Oil: Segmentation:
On the basis of end-use application-
- Flavour and Fragrance
On the basis of packing-
- Amber Glass Bottles
- Aluminium Bottles
On the basis of nature of production-
On the basis of sales channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
- Specialty Stores
- Drug Stores
- Online Retailers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Hops Essential Oil Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Hops Essential Oil Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Hops Essential Oil Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Hops Essential Oil Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)