This Onion Essential Oils market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Onion Essential Oils market.
Onion Essential Oil is extracted from seeds of onion. Onion is very well known for its tasty contribution to the culinary world. Onions are native to Central Asia and Mediterranean Coastal areas. Due to its high storability, soft fiber and delicate flavor, fleshy bulbs with fine texture, they are regarded as Vegetable Queen in Europe. Onion Essential Oil has distinct aroma possessing several significant properties such as antibacterial, antiseptic, aphrodisiac and hypnotic nature. At the same time, the onions are able to improve appetite and aid in digestion, as they are relative to high nutritional value and medicinal value.
In, North America and Europe the consumers are looking for organic and natural sources of onion essential oil for its wide application in the food industry and aromatherapy and therapeutics. The rising awareness and knowledge about its properties about onion essential oil are further expected to grow the market in the forecasted period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Onion Essential Oil market can be segmented into Nature, Product type, End-user and Distribution channel.
On the basis of Nature, Onion Essential Oil is segmented into Natural, Organic, and Conventional.
On the basis of Product Type, Onion Essential Oil is segmented into Onion seed oil and onion bulb oil. In both the cases, the oil is extracted and processed further from the onion seed and onion bulb respectively.
On the basis of End User, the Onion Essential Oil is segmented into industrial use as well as for retail use. In the industrial sector, it further finds its application in Food Industry, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Pharmaceutical industry and Therapeutic & Aromatherapy industry.
On the basis of the Distribution channel, the Onion Essential Oil can be segmented into Direct and Indirect. The direct consumption and use of onion essential oil are majorly from cosmetic & therapeutic sectors as well as food industry. The Indirect channel is further sub-segmented into Supermarket/Hypermarket, Specialty Store and Online Retailing.
Drivers, Restraints, and Trends:
Globally, the consumers are becoming more and more conscious about their health, dietary patterns, and outer appearances. Thus, the consumers are looking for more natural and organic sources of onion essential oil which is serving the market with several critical benefits such as healing wounds, clearing of respiratory tracts, hair growth and nourishment of the skin. Hence, its critical properties help in driving the demand of the onion essential oil especially in healthcare and cosmetic industries.
Also the rising demand from culinary uses from the food industry due to rising innovations in the food industry, the manufacturers are looking for onion essential oil as a substitute in dressings, marinades, condiments, soups, gravy, bread, dip, tomato sauce and other pasta sauces.
The major restraint is its certain side effects among people who are allergic to onion oil as it can be quite caustic on the skin. Side effects may include redness, rashes, and itching on the skin.
The growing awareness natural and moreover organic form of onion essential oil and its profound application in food and skincare products is the rising trend in the food and beverage & personal care industry.
Essential Oil is the rising and growing market due to its wide application in personal care & cosmetics industry and profound uses in the food industry for its culinary uses. China, India, and the US are the world’s leading onion producing countries.
In Europe, the consumers are well informed and educated and are further expected to grow the market. France, Italy, and Germany are major essential oil producers in the Europe region. The consumers are looking for new innovations in the salad dressings, dips and sauces to use onion essential oil as a base oil, so as it provides a good flavor and a perfect blend of spices in the dish. Also raising awareness among consumer for organic products in the region as well as in North America the people are opting for onion essential oil as a base for aromatherapy and therapeutic effects as well as for food innovations in the industry.
APAC region which is one of the developing and growing market for the essential oils is expected to grow the demand for onion essential oil due to rising awareness and its acknowledged health benefits among consumers.
Some of the prominent players of Onion Oils are BioSource Naturals, Gritman Essential Oils, Au Natural Organics, Authentic Oil Co, Kazima Perfumers, Green Source Organics and various other regional manufacturers.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Onion Essential Oils Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Onion Essential Oils Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Onion Essential Oils Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Onion Essential Oils Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Onion Essential Oils Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)