This Mussel Oils market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mussel Oils market.
Market Outlook for Mussel oils market:
Mussel oil is typically derived from the green-lipped mussel, a bivalve mollusc, from the coast of New Zealand. Green-lipped mussel oil is native to the pristine seawaters of the coastline of New Zealand and is used in various treatments such as asthma and other respiratory problems, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteoarthritis and inflammatory bowel disease such as the Crohn’s disease. Mussel oil derived from the green-lipped mussel has been identified as a source of 25 different fatty acids, of which the omega-3 fatty acids comprise a significant composition. Thus, mussel oil has many health benefits and is widely used in dietary supplements and the cosmetics industry.
Mussel Oils Market: Dynamics
The mussel oils market is largely driven by applications in dietary supplements as mussel oil is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. Health consciousness and awareness about RDA intake are also contributing to the increase in the demand for dietary supplements, which in turn has been fueling the growth of the mussel oils market.
Mussel oil witnesses high demand in biopharmaceuticals, due to the anti-inflammatory properties conveyed by the bioactive compounds present in the oil. Mussel oil derived from green-lipped mussels contains a high amount of the eicosatetraenoic acid since green-lipped mussel is the only known source of ETAs, which help prevent inflammation at a cellular level.
With consumers shifting towards a vegan lifestyle, the demand for mussel oil is expected to witness a slowdown as mussel oil is an animal-origin oil. Global warming, ocean pollution and exploitation of the oceans by human activities have significantly disturbed oceanic biodiversity, which is leading to a decline in the mussel count in the ocean. This is a key restraint for the global mussel oil market. With increasing activities and programs towards protecting the biodiversity of the ocean and welfare, the mussel oil market is expected to remain stagnant.
Mussel oil might produce allergies in people allergic to shellfish and should be used cautiously by people with high blood pressure due to the sodium content. Some of the possible side effects of mussel oil include nausea, gout, heartburn, intestinal gas and skin rashes.
Global Mussel Oils Market: Market Participants
Waitaki Biosciences, Maclab, Aroma New Zealand Limited, Nature’s Range, Great Healthworks and Blackmores Limited are some of the key players in the global mussel oils market.
Global Mussel Oils Market: Key Developments
It was observed, through an experimental study, that taking an omega-3 supplement from a mussel oil derived from the green-lipped mussel before exercise significantly produces positive effects of post-exercise muscle damage.
With increasing expenditure on research and development, new, innovative and efficient techniques are being developed for the production mussel oil with enhanced purity; for example, the supercritical extraction method and its incorporation in processed foods and pharmaceuticals. More recently, mussel oil has been studied for the treatment of ADHD in children and adolescents with promising results. Also, mussel oil shows anti-cancer properties and is being further developed to treat cancer.
With increasing concerns about ocean biodiversity, the aqua farming of green-lipped mussel offers a sustainable solution. Such aqua farming is popular along the coastline areas of New Zealand and is continuously supervised by the New Zealand government under strict guidance and control.
Global Mussel oils market: Opportunities for Market Participants
Southeast Asia, with its increasing geriatric population, is pegged to be a promising market for mussel oil obtained from green-lipped mussel as this oil is used for treating rheumatoid arthritis and other joint related problems. China has a large number of pet owners, due to their one-child policy, which has created a sizeable demand space for mussel oil in the premium pet food and supplements segment. Green-lipped mussel oil has entered the South Korea market through various home shopping channels where the cosmetics industry is growing at a tremendous pace. The oil is currently being marketed in China as well, which is pegged to emerge as a promising market in the near future.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Mussel Oils Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Mussel Oils Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of the mussel oils starch market on the basis of end use:
- Processed food
- Cosmetics and personal care
- Dietary supplements
- Veterinary medicine
- Pet food
Segmentation of the mussel oils starch market on the basis of distribution channel:
- Online retailer
- Specialty stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Mussel Oils Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Mussel Oils Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Mussel Oils Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Mussel Oils Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)