This Igbt market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Igbt market.
IGBT Market Overview
Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor formally known as IGBT is a power electronic semiconductor device. This device have its major application in switches, phase control and pulse modulation because of its high efficiency and fast switching. Electric power is a basic requirement of modern society and absence of electricity will create a huge loss and damage to human life as well as society. IGBT helps in reducing the congestion in power supply which will results into smooth electricity supply. IGBT have applications across various industrial verticals because of high power efficiency, ability to work in low power and high blocking voltage. IGBT is coming into focus because of its ability to lower switching loss which reduces thermal stress on electric device and results into extended device life and provides greater reliability. This market is very attractive and projected to grow rapidly because of increasing investment in Research and development of IGBT chips, module optimization for reduction in power consumption, modified chip density and thermal resistivity. These all features of IGBT are helping in strengthening the market position of IGBT power electronic semiconductor device market.
IGBT Market Dynamics
Global IGBT market is currently in its growth stage and shows significant potential across various industrial verticals. Major factors which are driving the growth of global IGBT market are increasing demand of replacement of old power infrastructures in developed regions such as North America and Europe, increasing government incentives and growing need of improved power cycling capacity and thermal capacity. Apart from these, increasing demand of energy efficient electronic devices, IGBT’s ability to improve efficiency of several electronics devices and also ability to play important role in technological advancement of power electronic has further fuelled this market growth. Factors which are restraining the growth of global IGBT market are lack of awareness, high cost, high initial investment, lack of stable characteristic of device in high temperature and economic slowdown. However, this restraints are expected to minimize their impact on market for long run. Global IGBT market have opportunity in future with deployment of smart grid, which will helps in boosting global IGBT market.
IGBT Market Segmentation
Global IGBT market is segmented on the basis of applications, types and regions. On the basis of applications the global IGBT market is sub segmented into electric and hybrid electric vehicle (EV/HEV), industrial motor drives, traction, transportation, HVAC, renewable energy, UPS, series compensation and other applications. Among all this applications demand of EV/HEV is estimated to lead growth of global IGBT market during forecasted period. Rapid growth in green energy sector is also boosting the global IGBT market. On the basis of types the market is sub segmented into IGBT module and discrete IGBT.
Geographically, the IGBT market is sub segmented into seven global regions, North America, Latin America, Asia – Pacific (excluding Japan), Japan as a separate region, Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Middle East and Africa Region. Europe region is dominating the present global IGBT market in terms of market value with Germany and U.K leading the market growth. Asia – Pacific is estimated to be fastest growing region during forecasted period with technological development in china and Japan market is also expected to grow for IGBT. North America and other remaining regions are also projected to be very promising market for IGBT. Demand in Middle East region will further fuelled the global IGBT market growth.
IGBT Market Key Players
Key players of Global IGBT market includes Fujitsu Ltd., Infineon Technologies AG, STMicroelectronics N.V., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Vishay Intertechnology, Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc., Toshiba Corporation, Inc., ROHM Co. Ltd., Fuji Electric Co. Ltd and Renesas Electronics Corporation, among others. These key players are following trend of large scale collaborations and partnership. These strategies will be beneficial for them in expanding their global footprints and increasing global market share.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the IGBT market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- IGBT Market Segments
- IGBT Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- IGBT Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- IGBT Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- IGBT Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for IGBT Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Igbt Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Igbt Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Igbt Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Igbt Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Igbt Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.