This Lab Chip Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Lab Chip Devices market.
A lab chip device is a device which assimilates one or more laboratory tasks on a sole chip to achieve high-throughput screening and automation. Dimensions of the chip may vary from few millimeters to square centimeters. LOCs handles extremely small volume of fluid which can be close to pico liters. Lab-on-a-chip devices are actually a part of Micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS). These devices are often designated by "Micro Total Analysis Systems" (µTAS). Lab Chip devices are the devices which primarily describes the manipulation. The Lab Chip devices indicates the mounting of multiple or single lab process to a chop format. Whereas Micro Total Analysis systems helps in integrating the total sequence of complete Lab processes to perform the analysis. Basically Lab chip devices are the instruments which allows the chemical analysis or the laboratory synthesis on a very small scale. Over the past 2 decades LOC devices have shown good benefits and appreciable potential for a wide range of applications like genomic research proteomics research, point of care diagnostics, analytical chemistry, biohazards detections and environmental monitoring. Compare to the conventional devices these small devices offera a wide range of advantages. They reduce reagent and sample consumption, shortens reaction time. Also it requires a less power, portable in nature and have very less manufacturing cost as compared to the conventional bulkier Lab machines. The recent advancement in Lab Chip devices can be designed with higher precision. The flow of the samples used can be precisely controlled with the help of external valves and pumps and the analytes can be detected with high sensitivity using electrical, optical and magnetic based techniques.
Lab Chip Devices Market: Drivers and Restraints
Lab Chip devices is a new technology which is driving the current Laboratory testing market and also suffices the current need of the market where the trace samples are to be analyzed. The applications of such devices are more inclined towards the medical examination and life sciences, where protein crystallization and DNA, RNA sequencing can be studied. Moreover the features of being handy and easy to use are the factors expected to fuel the growth of global Lab Chip Devices Market. These devices are also portable and easy to carry hence can be widely used in Hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers as well. Use of the conventional laboratory services may act as a restraint in the present market as it may take time for the technology to be acknowledged and admired by health care professionals.Though there are hurdles pertaining to the commercialization of new technology, but in the long run these devices will become crucial.
Lab Chip Devices Market: Overview
The first ever lab chip devices was created by Stanford university in the year 1979 for gas chromatography. However the actual use of lab chip devices began in the late 80s through the adaptation of micro fabrication processes and development of the micro fluids. In 1990s the scientist began to explore fluids and shorten the biochemical operation such as PCR. Recently all the most probable applications of Lab chip devices have been studied and have shown promising results. For many applications the Lab chip devices not only shows capacity of integration and parallelization but also demonstrates promising results as compared to the conventional technology. Currently these technology is widely used in molecular biology, proteomics, Cell biology and chemistry.
Lab Chip Devices Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global Lab Chip Devices Market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa.North America leads the global Lab Chip Devices Market followed by Europe.
Lab Chip Devices Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global Lab Chip Devices market are Takara Bio, Inc., Biacore AB, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Ltd., Caliper Life Sciences, Cepheid. and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Lab Chip Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Lab Chip Devices Market: Segmentation
The global Lab Chip Devices Market has been classified on the basis of application, end user and geography.
Based on application, the global Lab Chip Devices is divided into following:
- Clinical Diagnostics
- In vitro Diagnostics
- Point of Care Diagnostics
- Drug Discovery
- Others (Biodefense, Food Pathogen Identification, and Environmental Contamination)
Based on the end user type, the global Lab Chip Devices is divided into following:
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Forensic Laboratories
- Diagnostics Centers
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Lab Chip Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Lab Chip Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Lab Chip Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Lab Chip Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)