KEY GROWTH INFLUENCERS - LABELING EQUIPMENT MARKET
Increasing Application of RFID Solutions in Labeling
The retail market has digitized in every form of its business activities, be it retail, e-Commerce, or supermarket. Manufactures spend prudently in the product’s packaging and labeling solutions to get the minimum pilferage of its output. The application of the RFID solution is assisting the manufacturers in fighting against the counterfeiting attacks.
- Cypheme Ltd., a French-based company, has come up with labeling solutions that give it a unique and impossible to duplicate identifier. Verification via the company’s social media accounts or user’s iOs or android applications. The application of labeling solutions has been intensifying with the growing market demand for digital labeling and thus labeling equipment.
- As per the FBI in the U.S., pharmaceutical counterfeiting accounts for approximately $600 billion in international business and is affecting the global economy as well as human health adversely. Nearly 33% of the countries in the world do not have an active regulatory body for drugs, which enables counterfeiters to target and attack these markets quickly.
- The labeling equipment manufacturers are focusing on healthcare and pharmaceuticals division to capitalize on the pharmaceutical counterfeiting market. The facts mentioned above would anticipate the growth of labeling equipment in the global market to bring authenticated products before the consumers. The labeling equipment manufacturers are developing technically advanced products to sustain in the worldwide market
Top & Bottom Labeling Equipment Lucrative
Labeling on the top and bottom of the product has been made mandatory by the food regulatory body in various countries to bring transparency among the consumers about the products, especially in packaged food division.
The supervisory authorities are FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India), the FDA (The U.S. Food and Drug Administration). This regulation has made the push to the demand for labeling equipment, especially in the segment of top & bottom labeling equipment division of labeling equipment market.
Food & Beverages and Healthcare to Hold Major Market Share
The growing market of packaged food and take-away food, the improving economic environment of emerging nations along with the health awareness among the young generation, and dietary habits are the factors resulting in demand for packaged nutritious food. The refining economic conditions in emerging nations, along with an increase in purchasing capacity has resulted in growing demand adoption of automated labeling equipment into the global food & beverage processing and labeling equipment industry.
The food industry has been growing steadily, and manufacturers are creating new products. Regulatory bodies impose stringent regulations & requirements for products. These restrictions include labeling & packaging. Packaged food needs to be processed and permitted through the regulatory agencies before it reaches the market. Some regulatory bodies are China Food and Safety Law, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), U.S. Federal and Drug Administration (FDA).
LABELING EQUIPMENT MARKET STRUCTURE ANALYSIS
- The labeling equipment market is relatively moderate in size, which remains as a key factor for its dynamic and competitive nature. Some prominent players in the market are P.E. Labellers S.p.A., Sidel S.A., Sato Holdings Corporation, FUJI Seal International Inc., Avery Dennison Corp, Krones AG, Quadrel Labeling Systems, Label-Aire, Inc., Nita Labeling Equipment, Pack Leader Machinery Inc, Accutek Packaging Equipment Company, Inc, ID Technology LLC, LANGGUTH.
- Krones AG, Avery Dennison Corp., FUJI Seal International Inc, and Sato Holdings Corporation are leading manufacturers of labeling equipment worldwide.
- Labeling equipment is extensively used for retail applications in industries such as packaged food & beverages, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals etc. Labeling on the top and bottom of the product has been made mandatory by the food regulatory body in various countries to bring transparency among the consumers about the products, especially in packaged food division. The supervisory authorities are FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India), the FDA (The U.S. Food and Drug Administration).
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Top & Bottom Labeling Equipment Gaining Maximum Traction
In terms of value, top & bottom labeling equipment continues to account higher share as compared to specific top labeling and bottom labeling equipment. Allowing convenient adjustment and steady production, the top & bottom labeling equipment also witnesses higher investment and innovations. On the other hand, lower average cost of wrap labelling equipment alludes greater volume sales of the category vis-à-vis value gains, with over 125 million unit sales estimated by 2019 end.
Europe Leading, South Asia Promises New Opportunities
Demand for labeling equipment is currently gaining a boost from growing popularity of self-adhesive labels and rapid penetration of high-end packaging solutions such as pouches, sleeves, and flexible packaging. Europe represents around 29% of the total market value, with end-use markets such as pharma and F&B appearing strong and more sustainable.
However, developing countries in South Asia are seemingly outpacing Europe’s local markets and the trend is expected to continue over the following years. Growing adoption of an array of labeling and packaging formats in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) of South Asia will also contribute to market growth.
Robot-assisted Labeling - Prominent Trend
Amid growing importance of enhancing productivity with fewer failures across diverse industry verticals to meet ever-increasing demand, an embrace of R&D has been underway in labeling equipment landscape. These factors played a significant role in HERMA’s decision to introduce robot-assisted print & apply system for pallet labelling.
Collaborative industrial robot (cobot) allows highly flexible application of labels on two sides of filled pallets on a packaging line at variable positions. Such a strategic move is projected to influence other market players to follow suit and invest in robotic technology.
How Growth will Unfold
Labeling equipment is an essential part of the modern production process, especially for healthcare & pharmaceutical products. In recent years, industry professionals are pushing for more advanced pharma packaging to ensure accuracy, protection, directed use, and convenience of their products.
This, in turn, will positively impact the growth of labeling equipment market. In 2018, labelling equipment of around US$ 800 Mn were sold for use in F&B industry. Mounting concerns over food allergens, greater awareness of food additives, and a heightened focus on sustainability in industry will work to the advantage of packaging manufacturers and labeling equipment manufacturing companies.
LABELING EQUIPMENT MARKET TAXONOMY
The global labeling equipment market is segmented in detail to cover every aspects of the market and present a complete market intelligence to the reader.
- Top Labeling Equipment
- Bottom Labeling machine
- Top & Bottom Labelling Equipment
- Wrap Labeling Equipment
- Front & Back Labeling Equipment
- Full Body Sleeve Labeling Equipment
- Primary Applicators
- Print & Apply
- RFID Labeling Solution
- Adhesive Based labeling
- Non-Adhesive Based labeling
- Food & Beverages
- Healthcare& Pharmaceuticals
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Electricals & Electronics
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia