Large Industrial Displays - Meeting Diverse Visual Display Demands in Industrial Environments
As the billboard industry continues to face the heat of environmental regulations, the large industrial displays remain sought-after as they provide an effective means of communication. Furthermore, as industrial robotics and automation is gathering pace, high-performance large industrial displays are becoming a necessity for visibility of real-time data that drives productivity. Surging demand for human-machine interface devices to monitor manufacturing processes is likely to impart a new dimension to applications of large industrial displays. Design differentiation will remain a key focus area for manufacturers, aiming sales closure, which has initiated the entry of a series of new-age displays - flexible, foldable, and slimmer.
Large Industrial Displays Market - Key Research Findings
- The market size for the global large industrial displays in 2018 was less than US$ 2.2 Bn.
- The large industrial displays market is estimated to rise ~ 8% CAGR during the forecast period.
- The prominent regions for the large industrial displays market are East Asia, Europe, and South Asia.
- The prominent regions for the large industrial displays market are East Asia, Europe, and South Asia, due to the rising adoption of large industrial displays for video walls and increasing new applications of industries for the expansion of large industrial displays for diverse uses.
- Marketing synergies and distribution among organizations are estimated to exploit the large industrial displays market growth scenarios.
- Prominent players such as Advantech Co., Ltd., Leyard, NEC Display Solutions, Ltd., and Delta Electronics, Inc., in the large industrial displays market are engaging more interactive methods such as co-promotion and co-marketing of products with other businesses. These interactions among partners are presenting an immediate growth influence as related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Video walls are projected to be the most chosen product type section in the large industrial displays market.
- The increasing demand for video walls can be directly related to the global development of the OLED technology. The growing influences such as green technology and safety security concerns are anticipated to boost the development of the large industrial displays market.
Top Factors Shaping the Large Industrial Displays Market
- Launch of Digital Signage and New Products Propelling the Large Industrial Displays Market Growth
Significant market players such as Advantech Co., Ltd., Leyard, NEC Display Solutions, Ltd., and Delta Electronics, Inc., are concentrating more on the growth of large industrial displays product portfolios through launching new products and distribution agreements. For example-
- In 2015, Leyard acquired all the common stocks of Planar System, Inc., a specialist in the production and development of large industrial displays.
- In 2018, NEC Display Solutions acquired S[quadrat] GmbH, a prominent provider of LED solutions. The company is expanding its display technology portfolio to include LED systems for indoor and outdoor solutions.
- Emerging Applications of Flexible Displays in Industries Rising the Demand for Large Industrial Displays
New grounds within industries are evolving the addition of electronics and technologies for the development of the large industrial displays market. The consumer preference towards a single board computer integration i.e. all-in-one concept and a user-friendly touch monitor, is designed to serve as a reliable and flexible platform, which is anticipated to result in the healthy growth of the large industrial displays market.
- OLED Technology to Drive the Development of the Large Industrial Displays Market During the Forecast Period
Manufacturers are continuously enhancing and refining their pipeline competencies and its well-established existence in the large industrial displays market by introducing new technology OLED products.
Market Structure Analysis for Large Industrial Displays
- The large industrial displays market is an average-fragmented market with global and regional market players.
- Some prominent companies in the large industrial displays market are Advantech Co., Ltd., Leyard, NEC Display Solutions, Ltd., Delta Electronics, Inc., Daktronics, Data Modul, DFI, Inc., Winmate Inc., Sparton Corporation, Electro-Matic Products, Inc., IP Displays, and others.
- The strategic focus of key players is to uphold the expansion of agreements and distribution partnerships for the global market growth.
- Top manufacturers contributing a high revenue share to the large industrial displays market are Advantech Co., Ltd., Leyard, NEC Display Solutions, Ltd., and Delta Electronics, Inc.
‘Battle of Adoption’ from ‘Screen-less’ - The Next Big Thing
It has been observed, recently, that slimmer large industrial displays beat their wider equivalents in terms of performance, resolution, and space consumption, which enhances their degree of marketability. As end users’ quest for optimizing manufacturing capabilities can be better met with slim-framed large industrial displays, their adoption is likely to remain high in key industries, such as automotive & transportation, and electrical & electronics. However, large industrial displays are likely to face the ‘battle of adoption’ from the latest breakthrough technology, i.e. screen-less displays 4k display resolution and projectors. With massive energy demands of large industrial displays, it is highly likely that the ‘screen-less’ will pose strong competition to both, large displays and touchscreen displays
Enabling End Users to Achieve Process Efficiency, as Automation Firms up
End users are rapidly embracing digitalization to direct their efforts towards achieving process efficiency. Industries, such as pharmaceutical, where product count is crucial, leverage these displays to ensure standard packaging of tablets and medicines. The U.S. and Canada have been, and will continue to spectate growth in the manufacturing capabilities of numerous industries, as innovation drives automation and advancement in the landscape. As foreign investments move towards developing countries, demand for automation and IoT is likely to influence sales of large industrial displays in East Asia
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.
The Broader Perspective
As consumers are showing remarkable proclivity for novel interactive displays, leading manufacturers of large industrial displays continue to zoom in the focus on R&D, to reach the ever-rising quality bar. Key suppliers are also prioritizing effective adherence to the thriving trend of customization, in an effort to attract revenues through long-term buyer engagement. Considering the impact of the penetration of advanced technologies, remote controlled and touchscreen technologies are spreading their roots at a breakneck pace, as a sizeable population of modern consumers seeks ‘interaction’ more than anything, in this space.
Adoption indiscrete manufacturing ato grow
Process manufacturing to generate high demand
Video walls to remain preferred size
20”-40” display sales bullish
OLED remains sought-after
Preference for LED rising at a pace
Open frame displays spectate high adoption
Sales of video walls growing significantly
How Growth will Unfold
While large industrial displays are rapidly solidifying their position as an indispensable instrument within automation enabled industrial ecosystems, catering to custom industry needs will particularly enable manufacturers to retain their customer base in the long run. Creating shorter wait windows for clientele is likely to be a key strategy for better sales closure opportunities, as minimal TTM continues to be of paramount importance. Besides digital signage, the lightweight OLEDs are also marking a flourishing trend in the large industrial displays market. Spectacular growth in the adoption of IoT is also favoring the growth of large industrial displays market.
Discrete Manufacturing | Process Manufacturing
* This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in report.Click Here To Know How The Growth Will Unfold
Custom Market Research Services
FMI offers custom market research services that help clients to get information on their business scenario required where syndicated solutions are not enough.
The End of Billboard Era - A Booster to Large Industrial Displays Market Build-up
In the recent study published by future Market Insights (FMI), ‘Large Industrial Displays: Tapping Opportunities in Automation’, includes detailed and descriptive value-volume analysis of the large industrial displays market on the basis of several segments such as product type, technology, size, end-use industry, and region.
Large Industrial Displays Market Taxonomy
The global large industrial displays market is segmented comprehensively to cover each feature of the market and present a full market intelligence approach to the reader.
By Product Type
- Open Frame Displays
- Panel Mount Displays
- Industrial Monitors
- Video Walls
- Open Frame Display, Panel Mount Displays and Industrial Monitors
- Above 40”
- Video Walls
- Less than 6 screens
- Above 6 screens
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Automotive and Transportation
- General Manufacturing
- Electronics & Electricals
- Process Manufacturing
- Chemicals & Pharmaceutical
- Food & Beverage
- Oil & Gas
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa
The first section of the global large industrial displays market is an executive summary, which highlights the key trends that are observed in the large industrial displays market from both consumers’ side and the manufacturers’ side.
The second section of the global large industrial displays market covers introduction, including market definition, definition of segments, taxonomy by product type, technology, size, end-use industry, and region; major growth factors of the large industrial displays market; and other relevant information about the global large industrial displays market.
This division explains the global market volume and value analysis, and forecast for the large industrial displays market during 2014-2029. The historic large industrial displays market, along with an opportunity analysis for the current year (2019-2020) and an incremental $ opportunity for the forecast period (2019 – 2029). The division also includes the average price of large industrial displays on the basis of product type in different regions across the globe. The pricing benchmark for distributor level pricing and manufacturer level pricing is analyzed in this division.
This chapter explains key macro-economic factors that are expected to influence the growth of the large industrial displays market over the forecast period. Along with macroeconomic factors, this section highlights the opportunity analysis for the large industrial displays market. This chapter also highlights the key market dynamics of the large industrial displays market, which include drivers, restraints, opportunities, and trends. Moreover, readers will understand key trends followed by prominent manufacturers in the large industrial displays market. Furthermore, the section also includes an overview of key forecast factors considered in the market and the global value chain overview.
Based on the product type, the global large industrial displays market is segmented into four types of large industrial displays such as open frame display, panel mount display, industrial displays, and video walls. In this chapter, readers can find information about key trends and developments in the large industrial displays market and market attractiveness analysis based on the product type.
Based on the technology, the global large industrial displays market is segmented into three types of large industrial displays such as LCD, LED, and OLED. In this chapter, readers can find information about the key trends and developments in the large industrial displays market, and market attractiveness analysis based on the technology.
Based on the size, the global large industrial displays market is segmented into four types of large industrial displays such as 20”-40” and above 40” for open frame, panel mount, industrial monitors, and less than 6 screens and above 6 screens for video walls. In this chapter, readers can find information on the key trends and developments in the large industrial displays market and market attractiveness analysis based on the size.
Based on the end use, the global large industrial displays market is segmented into two types of large industrial displays such as discrete manufacturing and process manufacturing. In this chapter, readers can find information on key trends and developments in the large industrial displays market and market attractiveness analysis based on the end use.
This chapter explains how the large industrial displays market will grow across several geographic regions such as North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
This chapter includes detailed analysis of the growth in the North America large industrial displays market, along with a country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find regional trends, regulations, and market growth based on end users and countries in North America.
Readers can find detailed information about several factors that are impacting the growth of the Latin America large industrial displays market. This chapter also includes the growth prospects of the large industrial displays market in prominent LATAM countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of Latin America.
Important growth prospects of the large industrial displays market based on its end users in several countries such as Germany, the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Russia, BENELUX, and the Rest of Europe are included in this chapter.
India and ASEAN countries including Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and the Rest of South Asia are prime subjects of assessment to obtain growth prospects of the South Asia large industrial displays market in this chapter. Readers can find detailed information about the growth parameters of the South Asia large industrial displays market during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
This chapter highlights the growth of the large industrial displays market in East Asia by focusing on China, Japan, and South Korea. This section also helps readers understand key factors that are responsible for the growth of the large industrial displays market in East Asia.
In this section, Australia and New Zealand are among the prominent countries in the Oceania region, which are the prime subjects of assessment to obtain growth prospects of the Oceania large industrial displays market.
This chapter provides information about how the large industrial displays market will grow in major countries in the MEA region such as Iran, South Africa, Turkey, and the Rest of MEA during the forecast period 2019 - 2029.
This chapter provides information about how the large industrial displays market will grow in emerging countries in the globe such as China, India, and Brazil during the forecast period 2019 - 2029.
In this chapter, readers can find a comprehensive list of all the prominent stakeholders in the large industrial displays market with detailed information of each company such as the company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Advantech Co., Ltd, Leyard, Winmate Inc., Sparton Corporation, NEC Display Solutions, Ltd., Kamal & Co, Electro-Matic Products, Inc., Daktronics, Data Modul, DFI Inc., Elo Touch Solutions, Inc., IP Displays, Compucare India Pvt. Ltd., and Delta Electronics, Inc., among others.
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provides a base to the information and statistics included in the large industrial displays report.
This chapter help readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions and important qualitative, and quantitative information about the large industrial displays market.
How the research was conducted?
Primary research interview with key opinion leaders and other participants were conducted for data collection and validation of the below information:
- Prevalence of large industrial displays
- High prevalence by end-use industry
- Adoption of large industrial displays in manufacturing and production industries
- Average selling price (US$) and market growth
- Key developments
- Key trends and opportunities
- Regional-wise dynamics
- Quarterly financial statements
- 10-K & 10-Q filings
- Morning star, Zawya etc., along with the company websites and other published financial sources including local newspapers and magazines to determine company-wise earnings
- Corporate press release specification sheet, price list catalogs, financial disclosures provided sales, products and product related information
- Publication from trade organizations, associations, and governments, along with ITC trade database and regional / local paid databases
Primary Interview Splits
Large Industrial Displays Market Reports - Table of Contents
19. Assumptions and Acronyms Used
20. Research Methodology