This Low Calorie Rtd Beverages market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Low Calorie Rtd Beverages market.
The proliferating health and wellness trend among modern consumers is expected to bode well for the low-calorie RTD beverages market in the coming decade. As beverage producers are keenly observing constantly evolving lifestyle trends, demand for low-calorie RTD beverages is anticipated to rise in the near future, in turn driving the low-calorie RTD beverages market progress. Manufacturers in the low-calorie RTD beverages market are engaged in matching consumer demand for health, nutrition and sustainability. In consonant with this, the low-calorie RTD beverages market is witnessing persistent introduction of a range of novel low-calorie RTD beverages of multiple brands. For instance, Coca-Cola Singapore has recently launched Authentic Tea House range with no- or low-sugar.
Urbanization has increased the number of time-pressed consumers that actively seek ready-to-eat food, thereby driving the growth of the low-calorie RTD beverages market. In addition, rising health and fitness has led beverage manufacturers to introduce a plethora of low-calorie RTD beverages to satiate increasing demand from consumers. Beverage producers are introducing healthier low-calorie RTD beverages with the intention to stand out amid the intense competition. Along with the healthier beverage options, manufacturers in the low-calorie RTD beverages market are adopting novel and effective packaging solutions to attract a broader consumer pool.
Due to busy and arduous lifestyles, ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages have become popular amongst consumers. This demand is complemented with the demand for clean-label, gluten-free, low-calorie and low-carb products, which has led to the elevation of the low-calorie RTD beverages market in the food industry. The growth in the overall functional beverage market and increasing health consciousness amongst consumers has fuelled the growth of the low-calorie RTD beverages market. Many product launches with new flavor variants have recently been witnessed in the low-calorie RTD beverages market. Local players are also entering the low-calorie RTD beverages market which is expected to exhibit steady growth in the forecast period because artisanal and homemade functional beverages are trending amongst consumers, concurrently fuelling the growth of low-calorie beverages market. In January 2017, the company Diageo launched a low-calorie Seltzer under its brand Smirnoff. The company also offers these low-calorie RTD beverages which have also have low carbohydrates, zero-sugar and artificial sweeteners.
Reasons for Covering this Title
The functional beverage market is exploding with newer variants and the retail stores are fully occupied with these beverages. Low-calorie RTD beverages, clean-label beverages without artificial sweeteners, etc. are some of them. The low-calorie RTD beverages segment is stirring the functional beverage industry. Consumers are becoming more responsible towards their health and taking it into their own hands by opting for healthy drinks and low-calorie RTD beverages, as they offer a feasible solution for the consumers to stay healthy. Many low-calorie RTD beverage producers are aiming to include more nutritional information on the can/bottle labels, following the latest consumer buying strategies. The low-calorie RTD beverages are marketed with a health benefit tagline and this strategy has been adopted by many manufacturers in the low-calorie RTD beverages market. Key players, such as Diageo, are also focusing to expand their product offering in the health and wellness segment, which echoes the growing demand for low-calorie RTD beverages.
Examples of some of the key players operating in the low-calorie RTD beverages market are Diageo plc., Asahi Breweries, Ltd., Global Brands Limited, Bacardi Limited, Kold Group, PepsiCo, Inc., THE COCA-COLA COMPANY, SGC Global, LLC, Malibu Drinks, Herbal Water, Inc. and AB InBev (Spiked Seltzer), among others.
Global Low-calorie RTD Beverages Market: Key Takeaways
In April 2016, the company Spiked & Sparkling, launched a new sparkling water which is a very low-calorie RTD beverage and also available in low-carb and gluten-free. The product was launched to cater the increased consumer demand for carbonated water and low-calorie RTD beverages globally.
In 2014, the Skinnygirl Cocktails, manufacturer of low-calorie RTD beverages, launched two new products in the U.S. market, Sweet’arita and Sparkling Margarita.
Opportunities for Low-calorie RTD Beverages Market Participants
Manufacturers have great opportunity to expand production lines and retail outlets for low-calorie RTD beverages in the Asia Pacific and the Middle East & Africa regions because the North America and Europe regions have become saturated. Also, the consumer demand and purchasing power of the consumers in this region has increased and the tropical climate also encourages the consumption of low-calorie RTD beverages in these regions. In North America, there remains cut-throat competition in the market as all the major key players are focusing on developing low and zero calorie RTD beverages, and hence, newer flavors or new packaging formats should be explored to enhance consumer base. Also, special low-calorie RTD beverages can be launched for consumers with obesity and the focus can be turned to the clinical nutrition segment, as low-calorie RTD beverages have a wide scope of application in the food industry.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Low Calorie Rtd Beverages Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Low-calorie RTD Beverages: Market Segmentation
On basis of beverage type, the low-calorie RTD beverages market is segmented as-
- Alcoholic beverages
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Sparkling water
- Tea & Coffee
- Flavored/Infused water
- Fruit juices
On basis of flavor, the low-calorie RTD beverages market is segmented as-
- Citrus fruits
- Herbs & spices
On the basis of distribution channel, the low-calorie RTD beverages market is segmented as-
- Store-based retailing
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Discount stores
- Traditional Grocers
- Online Stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Low Calorie Rtd Beverages Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Low Calorie Rtd Beverages Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Low Calorie Rtd Beverages Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Low Calorie Rtd Beverages Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)