An Incisive, In-depth Analysis on the Lubricant Packaging Market
This study offers a comprehensive, 360 degree analysis on the Lubricant Packaging market, bringing to fore insights that can help stakeholders identify the opportunities as well as challenges. It tracks the global Lubricant Packaging market across key regions, and offers in-depth commentary and accurate quantitative insights. The study also includes incisive competitive landscape analysis, and provides key recommendations to market players on winning imperatives and successful strategies.
Lubricant Packaging Market - Key Research Findings
- The global lubricant packaging market size was ~ US$ 9 Bn in 2018.
- The lubricant packaging market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- The adoption of lubricant packaging in automotive industry is predicted to account for relatively high sales.
- Collectively, Asia Pacific and Europe are expected to account for ~60% revenue share in the lubricant packaging market, by the end of 2029.
- The presence of an adequate number of prominent lubricant packaging manufacturers in these regions is ultimately contributing to the market.
- Middle East & Africa and developing countries will continue to hold a high potential for the growth of the lubricant packaging market.
- Increase in trade between developed and developing economies for industrial oil and other fluids are expected to drive the lubricant packaging market growth.
Key Factors Shaping the Lubricant Packaging Market
Industry Consolidation through Strategic Collaborations
Lubricant packaging companies are focusing on expanding their business through mergers and acquisitions. Such strategy will help increase the global presence as well as the production capacity of the company. These factors played a significant role in the alliance between Duplas Al Sharq LLC and Mauser Group B.V.
- These players aim to expand their product range to cater to the demands of multiple end-use industries
- In February 2018, Pack Logix Inc. acquired lubricant & packaging division from Phillips 66 with all its assets.
- In April 2016, Martin Operation Partnership L.P acquired Mega Lubricants Inc. a lubricant packaging company. Following the acquisition, the two companies formed a new entity – Martin Midstream Mega Lubricants
- These players aim to expand their product range to cater to the demands of multiple end-use industries
Lubricant Packaging Companies Shifting from Rigid to Flexible Packaging Formats
Manufacturers of lubricant packaging industries are moving towards flexible packaging format, due to its affordability and convenience. Flexible packaging format such as stand-up pouches and bag-in-box are gaining more attention from lubricant packaging industries. Increase in demand for small packs lubricant packaging has resulted in paradigm shift towards flexible packaging format. It also results in high product to packaging ratio, due to its portability as compared to rigid plastic oil bottle or other rigid packaging format. Flexible packaging products are much lighter than rigid plastic bottles and comparatively consumes 60% percent less plastic, thereby garnering significant traction in the lubricant packaging space.
Global Lubricant Packaging Market: Regional Analysis
Asia Pacific is expected to be a prominent market for lubricant packaging during the forecast period. It is expected to observe a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period. Europe and North America lubricant packaging markets are expected to hold collective revenue share of 50% in the global lubricant packaging market. Asia Pacific will continue to be the highly lucrative region for lubricant packaging market throughout the forecast period. The amount of export carried out in China, India, and Japan from automotive industry has been influence the demand for lubricant packaging in the Asia Pacific, making it an attractive market.
Lubricant Packaging Market Structure Analysis
- Grief, Inc., Time Technoplast Ltd., Mauser Group B.V., and Martin Operating Partnership L.P. are the leading players in the lubricant packaging market.
- Expansion and merger strategies are constantly adopted by key players to expand their business and product portfolio.
- Product developments and new product launches are also among the important trends followed by prominent lubricant packaging manufacturers.
- In June 2018, Grief, Inc. launched a new product called GCUBE Shield, which is used as a barrier protection for IBCs.
- The lubricant packaging market has been relatively moderate in size, which remains as key factor for its dynamic competitive nature. In the lubricant packaging market, tier 1 companies hold a revenue share of above 10%.
- Some of the market contenders include Glenroy, Inc., Duplas Al Sharq LLC, Mold Tek Packaging Ltd, Scholle IPN, CYL Corporation Berhadcompany and Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2019-2029
A recent market study published by FMI on the lubricant packaging market includes global industry analysis 2014-2018 & opportunity assessment 2019-2029, and delivers a comprehensive assessment of the most important market dynamics. After conducting a thorough research on historic as well as current growth parameters, the growth prospects of the lubricant packaging market are obtained with maximum precision.
Lubricant Packaging Market: Taxonomy
The global lubricant packaging market is segmented in detail to cover every aspects of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the readers.
Chapter 01 – Executive Summary
The report initiates with an executive summary of the lubricant packaging market, which includes key findings and statistical analysis of the market. It also includes the demand & supply-side trends pertaining to the lubricant packaging market.
Chapter 02 – Market Introduction
Readers can find the definition and detailed taxonomy of the lubricant packaging market in this chapter, which will help them understand the basic information about the lubricant packaging market. Along with this, comprehensive information pertaining to lubricant packaging and their properties are provided in this section. It also highlights the inclusions and exclusions to help readers understand the scope of the lubricant packaging market report.
Chapter 03 – Lubricant Packaging Market Overview
This chapter explains the key macro-economic factors that are expected to influence the growth of the lubricant packaging market over the forecast period. Along with this, the section also highlights the opportunity analysis for the lubricant packaging market. This chapter also provides the key market dynamics of the lubricant packaging market, which includes drivers and restraints. Moreover, readers will understand key trends followed by the leading manufacturers in the lubricant packaging market.
Chapter 04 – Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis
This section explains the global market value analysis and forecast for the lubricant packaging market during the forecast period of 2019-2029. This chapter includes a detailed analysis of the historical lubricant packaging market, along with an opportunity analysis of the future. Readers can also find the absolute $ opportunity for the current year (2019), and an incremental $ opportunity for the forecast period (2019–2029). Along with this, pricing analysis of the lubricant packaging market at the regional level has also been provided in this section. It also explains the global market volume analysis and forecast for the lubricant packaging market between the forecast period of 2019-2029.
Chapter 05 – Global Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Packaging
Based on packaging type, the lubricant packaging market has been segmented into stand-up pouches, bottles, drums, pails, cans, tubes, kegs, bags-in-box and IBC. In this chapter, readers can find information about the key trends and developments in the lubricant packaging market and market attractiveness analysis, based on packaging format.
Chapter 06 – Global Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Lubricant
This chapter provides details about the lubricant packaging market based on the lubricant type, and has been classified into engine oil, transmission and hydraulic fluid, process oil, metal-working fluid, general industrial oil, gear oil and greases. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractive analysis of lubricant packaging.
Chapter 07 – Global Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Material
Based on material type, the lubricant packaging market is segmented into metal, plastic and others. Metal segment is sub-segmented into steel & tin. Plastic segment is sub-segmented into polyethylene (PE), low density polyethylene (LDPE), high density polyethylene (HDPE), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), poly vinyl chloride (PVC), polyamide (PA), polypropylene (PP) and polystyrene (PS). In this chapter, readers can find information about the key trends and developments in the lubricant packaging market and market attractiveness analysis, based on material.
Chapter 08 – Global Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by End-use
This chapter provides details about the lubricant packaging market based on the end-use, and has been classified into automotive, metal working, oil & gas, powder generation, machine industry, chemicals, and other manufacturing. In this chapter, readers can understand the market attractive analysis of lubricant packaging.
Chapter 09 – Global Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029, by Region
This chapter explains how the lubricant packaging market will grow across various geographic regions such as North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
Chapter 10 – North America Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter includes detailed analysis of the growth of the North America lubricant packaging market, along with country-wise assessment that includes the U.S. and Canada. Readers can also find the pricing analysis, regional trends, and market growth based on the application and countries in North America.
Chapter 11 – Latin America Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter provides the growth scenario of the lubricant packaging market in Latin American countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and the Rest of Latin America. Along with this, assessment of the market across target segments has also been provided.
Chapter 12 – Europe Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
Important growth prospects of the lubricant packaging market based on its end users in several countries such as Germany, the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Benelux, Nordic, Poland, Russia and the Rest of Europe are included in this chapter.
Chapter 13 –Asia Pacific Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014 - 2018 & Forecast, 2019-2029
This chapter highlights the growth of the lubricant packaging market in Asia Pacific by focusing on China, Japan, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand and Rest of East Asia. This section also helps readers to understand the key factors that are responsible for the growth of the lubricant packaging market in Asia Pacific.
Chapter 14 – MEA Lubricant Packaging Market Analysis 2014-2018 & Opportunity Assessment 2019-2029
This chapter provides information about how the lubricant packaging market will grow in major countries in the MEA region such as GCC, South Africa, North Africa and the Rest of MEA, during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
Chapter 15 – Market Structure Analysis
In this chapter, readers can find detailed information about the tier analysis and market concentration of the key players in the lubricant packaging market, along with their market presence analysis by region and product portfolio.
Chapter 16 – Competition Analysis
In this chapter, readers can find a comprehensive list of all the prominent stakeholders in the lubricant packaging market, along with detailed information about each company, which includes company overview, revenue shares, strategic overview, and recent company developments. Some of the market players featured in the report are Grief, Inc., Time Technoplast Ltd., Mauser Group B.V., Martin Operating Partnership L.P., Glenroy, Inc., Duplas Al Sharq LLC, Mold Tek Packaging Ltd, Scholle IPN, CYL Corporation Berhadcompany and Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.
Chapter 17 – Assumptions and Acronyms
This chapter includes a list of acronyms and assumptions that provides a base to the information and statistics included in the lubricant packaging market report.
Chapter 18 – Research Methodology
This chapter help readers understand the research methodology followed to obtain various conclusions as well as important qualitative and quantitative information about the lubricant packaging market.
Sources and Primary Research Splits (%)
- C-Level Executives
- Marketing Directors
- Product Managers
- Business Development Officers
- Production Managers
- Procurement Heads
- Sales Executives
- Raw Material Suppliers
- Industry Experts
- End Users
- Current market dynamics and challenges
- Yesteryear trends
- Market characteristics
- Market performance and growth quadrants
- Competition structure and market structure
- Strategic growth initiatives
- Near-term and long-term market growth prospects
- Market segment splits and authenticity
- Opinions on market projections and validity of assumptions
- Industry Association Publications
- Annual Reports, Publications, Economic Research Papers, and Report by DOE
- World Bank, IMF, EPA, Trade Map, UN Comtrade and government websites
- Magazine and articles published by ASME
- Industry Experts and Association Members
- Manufacturer of Lubricant Packaging
- Industry Professionals
Lubricant Packaging Market Reports - Table of Contents
19. Assumptions and Acronyms Used
20. Research Methodology